Italian quiz question

ebbe1

Anybody name players that have played for the italian national team since 1980's with thier second name ending in a vowel? i have only got zoff and buffon! i was told there only is two but surely not?

Neither of those players have vowels at the end of their names!

Del Piero (sp?)

Maldini

Guest LondonScottish
Anybody name players that have played for the italian national team since 1980's with thier second name ending in a vowel? i have only got zoff and buffon! i was told there only is two but surely not?

Almost every Italian name ends in a vowel, so I take it you phrased your question incorrectly. You have named the only two "non-vowel" ending names I can think of I'm afraid.

Guest LondonScottish

Anyway, does the Italian manager in 1982 count? Scraping the bottom of the barrel here I'm afraid!!

Zoff and Buffon end in consonants, no?

Fabio Grosso, though...

Ahhh I see, you must mean not ending in a vowel...

Morgan De Santis though, there y'are, number 2 keeper :itch-chin: 3 caps.

Now that we've established that it's a consonant thing then I think this is still quite wrong.

Zoff hasn't played for Italy since the '82 world cup so it depends what you mean by since the '80's.

Anyway, if you rule out the '80s then you have Gianluigi Buffon as the only one from the current squad. You also have Pietro Vierchowod throughout the '90s and more recently Manuel Pasqual and Luigi Sartor as previously mentioned - there's 4.

I also picked out the following:

Sandro Cois

Diego Fuser

Morgan De Sanctis

That makes 7 in total.

There was also Enzo Bearzot as coach

Archived