Aberdeen 2 - 0 Dundee Utd

6 minutes ago, Joe pike said:

Solid enough performance but lacking a bit of speed and flair.

McGeouch had a hair transplant?

He had a hair transplant long before he joined us

Anyway decent performance, not one failure today. Central defence were shaky first half but steadied themselves in the second. Hayes much better further forward. 

Ramsay m.o.m. by a country mile. Looks every bit as good already  as the boy Patterson at sevco and Doig at Hibs. 

Hoping most games vs the dross of the league are like this. Refreshing to see how little we go for the big punt up the park like we used to do when it was Cosgrove up front. Plays into the hands of a lot of the shite in the league.

Dundee United played very defensively and weren't in the game at all. Looked very shite apart from that one chance just before half time. Bottom 6 certs so winna get too excited about the win today...yet.

Excellent start to the season, Ramsay was superb as was Brown who really helps to dictate the pace of the game.  I love the variation to our play now, some really nice passing at pace and long balls in behind which caught United out.

Only disappointing thing from today were the amount of folk in the stands with their masks either off or down below their noses, very selfish. 

1 minute ago, minijc said:

Excellent start to the season, Ramsay was superb as was Brown who really helps to dictate the pace of the game.  I love the variation to our play now, some really nice passing at pace and long balls in behind which caught United out.

Only disappointing thing from today were the amount of folk in the stands with their masks either off or down below their noses, very selfish. 

Too obvious mini 

1 minute ago, Redtaz2 said:

Good result , some great pieces of play 

what’s happening with Gallagher though , and I’m surprised to say it I hope nothing serious with Ojo as another steady performance from him .

he is contributing to glasses system a huge improvement from him 

It’s the start of the season ffs. Gallagher came in late after the Euros and was suspended for our first game. 

1 minute ago, DelMonte said:

It’s the start of the season ffs. Gallagher came in late after the Euros and was suspended for our first game. 

We’ll never do it as Glass always plays a back 4, but with the personnel we have, a back 3 maybe is something to consider.

Lewis

McCrorie Gallagher Considine 

Ramsay Brown Ferguson Hayes

Hedges JET 

Ramirez 

A good win, in a difficult game v a dour Utd,our improved passing and movement makes a difference.Thought Ojo and Jet were decent enough.Too early to talk either down.As said, Johnny still an asset further forward,never seems comfortable at L/B

A few tweaks to the side,and hopefully our songbook(10 men went to mow :clangers2:) and we'll be good to go.....

13 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

We’ll never do it as Glass always plays a back 4, but with the personnel we have, a back 3 maybe is something to consider.

Lewis

McCrorie Gallagher Considine 

Ramsay Brown Ferguson Hayes

Hedges JET 

Ramirez 

Why do you want to play 3 at the back? 

We've got two young full backs with potential (one with huge potential) and three centre backs on the books. 

Can we not give the team half a dozen games to get an understanding going before we start writing off the formation and half the players? 

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Why do you want to play 3 at the back? 

We've got two young full backs with potential (one with huge potential) and three centre backs on the books. 

Can we not give the team half a dozen games to get an understanding going before we start writing off the formation and half the players? 

Where have I written off half the players? ?

I’ve told you a million times, stop exaggerating 

• Like 1