Breidablik 2 - 3 Aberdeen

1 minute ago, thurso said:

Enjoyed the game on a whole but we kinda made it harder than we should of. 

Really need to push the boat out and get a striker in, to finish the game with hedges and McLennan up front doesn’t look good for us 

Both Mclennan and Hedges are well capable of scoring goals as well as tracking back. 

Hopefully Gallagher now starts every game, and we bring in a younger CH to partner him. Central defence is the root cause why this tie isn't already put to bed.

Also think that in future away Euro ties, JET should start on the bench. Their defenders realised early on if they ran out of defence with the ball that he wouldn't/couldn't track their runs.

Ojo nowhere near as bad as Thurso makes out but I still think that McGeouch offers us more all round.

An away win is always good but it just feels that it should have been so much more convincing

We are miles fitter than we have been the last few seasons, so much running from the team.

Also much better to be pressing the opponent 30 yards from their goal rather to be defending our box with 11 men behind the ball when trying to hold on for a result.

Ojo's Ojo but you canna fault the boy for effort, he covered every blade of grass the second half. McGeouch was decent, Brown was really good.

Good performance just a bit disappointing we couldn't score a few more and make the home leg a formality, Glass promised he wouldn't go there and defend and he was good for his word. Half time changes were very effective. I thought Brown, the young full backs and Ramirez were the top performers

1 minute ago, Simosmashed my knee said:

Delighted with result tonight, would have taken that before kick off. We are still a few players short though, we defo need another striker, a pacey CH and Jamie McGrath to replace OJO in midfield. 

Before kick off aye, but after going 2 up it’s a shocker.Still we’re ahead in the tie and we will create chances against them at home.

Hopefully the last we see of McRorie at centre half.Committed the cardinal sin of letting the ball bounce, then compounded it by being outmuscled on the bye line.

7 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Hopefully Gallagher now starts every game, and we bring in a younger CH to partner him. Central defence is the root cause why this tie isn't already put to bed.

Also think that in future away Euro ties, JET should start on the bench. Their defenders realised early on if they ran out of defence with the ball that he wouldn't/couldn't track their runs.

Ojo nowhere near as bad as Thurso makes out but I still think that McGeouch offers us more all round.

An away win is always good but it just feels that it should have been so much more convincing

You could be right he might not be as bad as I think I might be blinkered a bit but I think he’s a truly awful player don’t think Iv ever disliked anyone as much in an Aberdeen strip as him.
I just can’t see what he does in a game that some others do 

3 minutes ago, thurso said:

You could be right he might not be as bad as I think I might be blinkered a bit but I think he’s a truly awful player don’t think Iv ever disliked anyone as much in an Aberdeen strip as him.
I just can’t see what he does in a game that some others do 

OTT

• Upvote 5
3 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Cmon now…most hated Aberdeen player ever? If that’s the case you need your head checked.

Who have I meant to have disliked more. We’ve had shit players in shit teams I didn’t dislike to many of them tho as everyone knew they were shit. 

3 hours ago, muttonhumper said:

Is he going to persist with this no changes policy right up to where it costs us dearly?

This Gallagher thing is bizarre.

Particularly given we've looked fairly shit in central defence.

FFS. Didn't think it would be that soon.

3 hours ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

Ah, so you'd be one of those managers that picks a team on reputation rather than form. 

2 hours ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

I think they settled and looked fine in the 2nd half against Utd. I am not saying Mcrorie and Considine are my preferred pairing but I am ok with Glass sticking with them off the back of a clean sheet. 

You made a right cunt of that one GT.

McRorie and Considine horrific for their two goals absolutely avoidable shit.

Though you half redeemed yourself by acknowledging the issue at half time.

Then fucked up again by being "impressed by Ojo" or something similar. ?

2 hours ago, YorkDon said:

MCrorie shouldna be a first pick there, but until he majorly fucks up he stays.Gallagher has to wait for his opportunity.

Take it that's Gallagher in from the start now then by your thinking?

29 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Ps that header from Ojo

It's a real blot on glass copybook playing this bloody idiot

I couldn't care less if he is tactically brilliant if he is bloody awful on the ball 

It really is.

He runs fast and can tidy up in defensive areas and midfield.

But FFS, he can't cross, can't play a through ball, can't shoot, can't link in the final 3rd.

I'd prefer we had someone who can do all, or at least some, of the above in the team.

Until then, we are losing possession every time he has the ball in advanced positions.

That's not bias or "hate" for the boy, that is what has happened in every game so far this season.

15 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Scoring goals at least. Some difference from the shite under McInnes last season.

Exactamundo. Four games played, 10 for 5 against. Folk happy and want to come and watch The Dons. Nothing like McInnesball. Happy days. 

Good game tonight. 
Lewis - Okay

Ramsay - Two assists, but caught out of position a lot (with zero cover from Ojo and McRorie)

Mackenzie - Good shift. Nothing spectacular, but a decent game. 
Considine - Decent, tried to cover the right hand failings but couldn’t. 
McRorie - Is just not a centre half. Positional sense very poor. 
Hayes - Not that bad, not sure why he got hooked. 
Ferguson - Not that bad, not sure why he got hooked. 
Ojo - Runs about a lot, offers nothing defensive or in attack. Baffling. 
Brown - Strolled it. Some poor passes, but in general ran the midfield. 
JET - No effort today. Poor big man, poor. 
Ramirez - ❤️

McGeough - Very good, hardly lost possession. 
McLennan - Good assist for the 3rd within minutes of coming on. “There’s a player in there”. 
Gallagher - Settled the defence big time. Very good. 
Gurr/Jenks - Not enough time to judge. 

3 minutes ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

You never saw Jackie MacNamara I take it. Or Neil McFarlane. Or Ray McKinnon. 

Fuck it - the list's endless

Don’t know if I ever seen McKinnon in the flesh seen the other two. Very poor players but didn’t dislike them as much as ojo