Breidablik 2 - 3 Aberdeen

Get Kerr or McCart in . Considine and McCrorie as back up only . Jettison Devlin somewhere and we need to find another striker if Ramirez gets injured , loving this guy , oh and a playmaker , was very impressed with McCann last night in that role . Next couple of weeks will be interesting and pivotal to our season 

Worrying how poor the boy Gurr looked.

Meanwhile Ramsay proving how good he really is.

Done enough last night but should have been 5 or 6. Could be in a for fun season if it's going to be goals galore at both ends. We'd have lost that game last season. Glass/Russell has really improved us.

54 minutes ago, minijc said:

Great subs to change the game back in our favour, takes balls to take off the players that he did and I'm glad it paid off.  Ojo is so frustrating, the position he keeps finding himself in are so good, just a shame that his end product and decision making are piss poor, could easily have scored 2 last night and his reluctance to move the ball forward with pace cost us a couple of easy chances.

Overall I'm happy with the result but we made it much harder for ourselves than it needed to be, Ramsay poor for the first goal but he's 18 and should hopefully learn from that.  As for Considine, he needs replaced, handy enough player for cover but year after year he makes the same mistakes, a constant liability when it matters.

As Glass says, Ojo is really good tactically - he's able to complete his role exactly as instructed - which is why Glass appears to like him.  The issue is just his lack of ability!  Sadly being crap is a fairly difficult problem to overcome! 

21 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

As Glass says, Ojo is really good tactically - he's able to complete his role exactly as instructed - which is why Glass appears to like him.  The issue is just his lack of ability!  Sadly being crap is a fairly difficult problem to overcome! 

Haha. That's fairly accurate tbf.

Óskar Hrafn Þorvaldsson, manager of the men's team of Breiðablik, was not impressed with the Scottish team Aberdeen after the teams' game in the European Football League tonight. Aberdeen eventually won 3:2.

Aberdeen started strong and got to 2:0 early in the game but Breiðablik refused to give up and equalized to 2:2. Aberdeen, however, scored the winning goal at the start of the second half. Despite that, Óskar did not like the playing style of the guests from Scotland.

"Apart from the first six minutes, I thought we were much better throughout the game. We are going to Aberdeen, getting a two-goal win and eliminating these guys," said a bold Óskar in an interview with Stöð 2 Sport after the game.

"I didn't expect them to be so bad. I thought they would try to play football. They made no attempt to do so, which surprised me. They are physically strong, quick and powerful in the air," Óskar added.

There is no doubts we are in for a bloody exciting/rollercoaster season & over all after what we were forced to getting used to & I am delighted with that overall but we really are just a couple of real decent signings away from so much better & more security going into games & being consistent. Really want us to sign another striker but first priority must be a CH if we are only getting one player in.

Sign a decent solid CH & maybe loan in another striker if the right deal materialises 

14 minutes ago, 1983 said:

Óskar Hrafn Þorvaldsson, manager of the men's team of Breiðablik, was not impressed with the Scottish team Aberdeen after the teams' game in the European Football League tonight. Aberdeen eventually won 3:2.

Aberdeen started strong and got to 2:0 early in the game but Breiðablik refused to give up and equalized to 2:2. Aberdeen, however, scored the winning goal at the start of the second half. Despite that, Óskar did not like the playing style of the guests from Scotland.

"Apart from the first six minutes, I thought we were much better throughout the game. We are going to Aberdeen, getting a two-goal win and eliminating these guys," said a bold Óskar in an interview with Stöð 2 Sport after the game.

"I didn't expect them to be so bad. I thought they would try to play football. They made no attempt to do so, which surprised me. They are physically strong, quick and powerful in the air," Óskar added.

Dry your eyes Oskar

17 minutes ago, 1983 said:

Haha. 

That canna be real. 

Frustrating as the goal and the penalty were down to poor defending and completely avoidable. I assume Glass didn’t want to change a winning team which is why he went with McRorie at the start but fair play to him for three subs at half time as it wasn’t working. 

Im fairly confident we can beat them at Home, however last night further showed we really need another centre half and a pacy striker. 

29 minutes ago, 1983 said:

haha Oscar 

5-0 the famous it'll be then 

Yet again, ojo was solid, but gets slated. Yes it is frustrating that he hasn’t made a bit more of his chances, but he fits right in and adds a heap of value.

ramirez really is that good. When was the last time we had such an all round striker that like? Going back to the 90s probably?

when we made the changes to three at the back, did anyone see how we lined up across the park? It was a bit hard for me to see, but I presume we just had Ramirez up top on his own? And was mcgeouch playing a little deeper next to brown rather than having the three attacking midfielders?

59 minutes ago, 1983 said:

I'm guessing the guy missed the entire 2nd half then?  He knows the very real threat of his team going out the competition and has come out fighting, just makes him look a bit silly though. 

2 hours ago, minijc said:

Great subs to change the game back in our favour, takes balls to take off the players that he did and I'm glad it paid off.  Ojo is so frustrating, the position he keeps finding himself in are so good, just a shame that his end product and decision making are piss poor, could easily have scored 2 last night and his reluctance to move the ball forward with pace cost us a couple of easy chances.

Overall I'm happy with the result but we made it much harder for ourselves than it needed to be, Ramsay poor for the first goal but he's 18 and should hopefully learn from that.  As for Considine, he needs replaced, handy enough player for cover but year after year he makes the same mistakes, a constant liability when it matters.

Now now mini, talk like that about our Andy isn't allowed! He's a great servant for out club! You'll be accused of being a weegie for this!

2 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Said it before Andy needs to fill the Brian Irvine role of being a bloody good player to have on the bench.  Can come in and score the winning penalty in the final in May.  Job done.

He'll def manage the bench bit...but the 'bloody good player' part?! Come on. He's pish, and has been for years.

1 hour ago, 1983 said:

The tv mikes picked him up in injury time moaning to the 4th official about how there should be 10 mins added on for our time wasting. Don't think we need to be that bothered about his analysis.

2 hours ago, 1983 said:

A load of shite aye.

But we were all over the place defensively 1st half, not for the 1st time this season. Glass got the shape wrong, rectified it at HT and I think we were a class above them in the end. Breidablik are not a bad side going forward, and another shit show like last night's 1st half and it could easy be squeaky erse time

2 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

Interesting to see that Glass told Ojo he wasn't wanted earlier in the summer, and his shirt number was being given to Scott Brown and that he wasnt part of the plans going forward and basically told to leave. Ojo turned down moves to Salford and to Wrexham as he wants to play at higher level and then we even offered him a pay off to leave but Ojo still said no.

He then played the two 45 minute games against Caley and the youth team and Glass seems to have completely changed his mind on him and he has been told that he definitely wont be allowed to leave now.