Breidablik 2 - 3 Aberdeen

1 minute ago, sheepcrooky said:

Gurr/Jenks - Not enough time to judge. 

Did Jenks come on?
Must have been when I went for a pish.

I recall questioning why many on here thought that a kid who had played 2 senior games in guff league cup would be coming here and immediately starting for us.

Fuck knows what they were on.

4 minutes ago, thurso said:

Don’t know if I ever seen McKinnon in the flesh seen the other two. Very poor players but didn’t dislike them as much as ojo 

As much as Ojo is just not good enough, at least he tries. McNamara was just here to top up his Celtic/Wolves pension. Never tried one ounce in his time here. Ojo > McNamara. 

Oh aye, referee was a fucking idiot.

That booking for Ramsay for absolutely FUCK ALL, then in 2nd half 2 obvious and clear yellows (one which would have been a second) in the space of aboot 30 seconds (or less?) completely bottled out of the cautions.

Pretty chuffed with the way we are playing attacking wise.

We look like we can score serious amounts of goals over this season.

Fucking incredible contrast to the bearded dwarf hun prick's side who were scoring less goals than games played.

Need to sort that defence out though and stop being stubborn to change.

Hopefully lesson learned today and Gallagher can come into the starting XI on Sunday.

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Poodler said:

Only a few months ago we went a wad of games without a goal

mchun must be raging along with that monstrosity of a son of his 

McInnes is the miserly, curmudgeonly step dad, in this film.  Glass, the ray of light that brings out the best of the shy child.

(I've had a few cans)

Thought glass sorted it out with big decisions. 

Ferguson was absolutely shite after scoring. Miles off the play. Not pressing and not getting on the ball. Mcgeouch was a huge improvement. 

As others have said Gallagher made defence better but it also nullified their tactics. 

Mclennan playing higher and pressing helped too. Superb assist. 

Honestly think we could tear them apart next Thursday. 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Glass confirmed that the substitution of Ferguson was tactical and not down to an injury like I assumed.

Good to see that Glass cares not for reputation. 

McInnes would never have had the balls to hook the likes of Ferguson and Hayes at HT unless injured.

Well done Glass ??

It was definitely the right decisions. Both were to deep first half meaning we couldn't get out. 

Lots of good points this evening, Gallagher looked class when he came on, he needs to start. Ojo another good game, plenty energy and good footwork. Can't finish but I am ok with that at the moment. 

Mclennan coming on ahead of Hedges is a worry. A hint that Hedges may go soon which is rough considering how good he has looked that last year. 

Gurr looked rough, at first I though he would be ahead of Ramsey but I can see why he is not. Clearly. 

Jet will work at times but today's game was a perfect example of when he struggles. Luckily we have Superman!! 

Said before the game it was going to take a mistake from the centre half pairing to shift one of them for Gallagher. It's happened and it was mistakes from both McCrorie and Consi but thankfully hasn't cost us. Hopefully we start our best centre back now. 

Must admit I was a bit surprised at the changes at half time but was spot on. McGeouch was excellent. For someone who has played so little for us, he showed incredibly composure and experience to control the midfield. 

26 minutes ago, Sheeptastic said:

Said before the game it was going to take a mistake from the centre half pairing to shift one of them for Gallagher. It's happened and it was mistakes from both McCrorie and Consi but thankfully hasn't cost us. Hopefully we start our best centre back now. 

Must admit I was a bit surprised at the changes at half time but was spot on. McGeouch was excellent. For someone who has played so little for us, he showed incredibly composure and experience to control the midfield. 

They did cost us, we let in 2 cheap goals.

• Upvote 1
36 minutes ago, Postman Pats Cat said:

Lots of good points this evening, Gallagher looked class when he came on, he needs to start. Ojo another good game, plenty energy and good footwork. Can't finish but I am ok with that at the moment. 

Mclennan coming on ahead of Hedges is a worry. A hint that Hedges may go soon which is rough considering how good he has looked that last year. 

Gurr looked rough, at first I though he would be ahead of Ramsey but I can see why he is not. Clearly. 

Jet will work at times but today's game was a perfect example of when he struggles. Luckily we have Superman!! 

Hedges just doesn't look right imo. Even in his brief Cameo tonight his touch wasn't there. 

36 minutes ago, Postman Pats Cat said:

Hedges just doesn't look right imo. Even in his brief Cameo tonight his touch wasn't there. 

Overall was a decent performance, but the tie should be dead and buried. Gifted them two goals. Every time we went forward we looked like we could score, so if we put in a good performance next week we should blow them away at home.

I wonder if Glass might consider the 3 at the back in order to fit McCrorie, Gallagher and Considine in. The question is then how you fit the midfield options in. Maybe something like this...

Lewis

McCrorie Gallagher Considine

Ramsay Brown Ferguson MacKenzie

Hedges JET / Hayes

Ramirez

It'll be interesting to see how he lines up the team on Sunday - I think he said post-match there would likely be some changes.

Couple other observations...

Jenks - is he unfit? is he not very good? Strange that he's not really getting a sniff - if he's not as good as McLennan there's no point in him being here.

McGeouch - played well when he came on, he's a very tidy player - I wonder what this means for Campbell... Ojo and McGeouch seem to have jumped ahead of him in the pecking order this season.

MacKenzie - thought he was excellent, defensively and going forward. Ramsay will grab the headlines, but MacKenzie could develop into a top player too.

Ojo - all very well playing him in this advanced midfield role for his energy etc, but whenever he gets anywhere near the opposition penalty boxes his brain shuts down - I feel we're going to miss out on quite a few goals this season by playing him over someone like Hedges or Hayes in that role.

• Upvote 1

Brown was the stand out for me.

Very rarely mis places a pass and he seems to know immediately where it's going.

Class player, Ferguson could do worse than play alongside him for a season.

JET was way off the pace .

Hayes did'nt do enough that 1st half either and both deservedly pulled.

Looks like Glass is'nt the soft touch a lot on here thought he was.

7 hours ago, Reed or deed said:

Stop exaggerating you tit.

We are not shite in defence. Ramsay, Mckenzie, Gallagher are all good players.

Mistakes happen and as long as we mive on as they get more game time together.

It’s not exaggerating at all. The 5 goals we have conceded in 4 games have all shown how easily exposed we can be. Mostly right through the damn middle as well. We clearly need another central defender.

If you are content with our defensive options as is for rest of season they you are very easily pleased in that area. 

basic errors mostly as well

• Upvote 2

I agree that we need to look at the defensive options however we were always going to concede more goals because we appear to have a manager who wants to attack teams rather than sit in and hit on the break.

I hope it is teething problems and we fix the problem but if this involves us going back to midfielders and attackers sitting too deep then I'd be happy with keeping the attacking mentally that Glass is trying to install in the club.

Great subs to change the game back in our favour, takes balls to take off the players that he did and I'm glad it paid off.  Ojo is so frustrating, the position he keeps finding himself in are so good, just a shame that his end product and decision making are piss poor, could easily have scored 2 last night and his reluctance to move the ball forward with pace cost us a couple of easy chances.

Overall I'm happy with the result but we made it much harder for ourselves than it needed to be, Ramsay poor for the first goal but he's 18 and should hopefully learn from that.  As for Considine, he needs replaced, handy enough player for cover but year after year he makes the same mistakes, a constant liability when it matters.

6 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

Overall was a decent performance, but the tie should be dead and buried. Gifted them two goals. Every time we went forward we looked like we could score, so if we put in a good performance next week we should blow them away at home.

I wonder if Glass might consider the 3 at the back in order to fit McCrorie, Gallagher and Considine in. The question is then how you fit the midfield options in. Maybe something like this...

Lewis

McCrorie Gallagher Considine

Ramsay Brown Ferguson MacKenzie

Hedges JET / Hayes

Ramirez

It'll be interesting to see how he lines up the team on Sunday - I think he said post-match there would likely be some changes.

Couple other observations...

Jenks - is he unfit? is he not very good? Strange that he's not really getting a sniff - if he's not as good as McLennan there's no point in him being here.

McGeouch - played well when he came on, he's a very tidy player - I wonder what this means for Campbell... Ojo and McGeouch seem to have jumped ahead of him in the pecking order this season.

MacKenzie - thought he was excellent, defensively and going forward. Ramsay will grab the headlines, but MacKenzie could develop into a top player too.

Ojo - all very well playing him in this advanced midfield role for his energy etc, but whenever he gets anywhere near the opposition penalty boxes his brain shuts down - I feel we're going to miss out on quite a few goals this season by playing him over someone like Hedges or Hayes in that role.

Why you comparing Jenks with Ojo? Completely different players in position and style are they not?

Campbell I think needs a loan. Go out and get regular 90 mjnutes or thereabouts a game and hopefully push on and come back a better player for us.

Whilst he's getting into goal scoring positions and opportunities, Ojo isn't in the team to score goals. It would be nice if he did mind you. But he's performing the midfield role he's been asked to do better than Hayes or Hedges would do.