Jack Mackenzie

His block in the first half was incredible.

I wouldn't go over the top but he's got good defensive attributes. Generally decent at defending 1v1 and not a bad tackler but prone to giving away a penalty now and then.

Has definitely improved going forward. Used to get to a point midway in opposition half before turning and playing the ball backwards. Now makes more of an effort to drive forward and get to the box.

He's still a limited player for me but I feel a lot better about him being in the starting 11 than I did when seeing some of his performances in pre-season.

11 hours ago, McginnAgain said:

I rate him, but he just doesn't look like a footballer

I think he’s decent, however he unfortunately seems ( like a lot of the current players) make the wrong decisions, he either doesn’t get the ball passed to a team mate quickly enough or he gets to the byline and inevitably loses or miss passes to an opponent.

Think he’s been at the Hayes school of crossing too .. 7/10. 

Long term I don’t think he’s good enough for where we want to be but he’s the least of our worries at the moment. Will be worth his place in the team next season. 

even though we are shite I’m hoping for a bit of continuity next season. If we could just make 2 or 3 really good signings instead of signing about 12 average new players it would be ideal 

1 hour ago, RDS said:

He's 24 next month though so he's a relatively slow learner

Yes, and the poor cunt has spent the last few years coached by the likes of Glass, Goodwin and Robson. Surprised he is doing as well as he is considering. 

Unbelievable - it's the usual story of local lad gets it in the neck. Andy Watson used to get pelters. And a few others over the years. He has been one of our best performers the last few weeks. He's a fighter and he takes responsibility. He is looking better going forward with Hoillett working with him. Him and Polvara have come on leaps and bounds this season. 

I've heard it for years where good players got hammered. Aluko got slated for being 'sulky'. Ryan Jack (forgetting his treacherous act) used to get dogs abuse. Lewis Ferguson had his detractors - too slow I'v seen people say. McKenzie looks a better player than McGarry at this point who hasn't settled yet. He rarely gets beaten. And we works that left side really well.

How about giving the lad some support.

1 minute ago, RedRevolution said:

Unbelievable - it's the usual story of local lad gets it in the neck. Andy Watson used to get pelters. And a few others over the years. He has been one of our best performers the last few weeks. He's a fighter and he takes responsibility. He is looking better going forward with Hoillett working with him. Him and Polvara have come on leaps and bounds this season. 

I've heard it for years where good players got hammered. Aluko got slated for being 'sulky'. Ryan Jack (forgetting his treacherous act) used to get dogs abuse. Lewis Ferguson had his detractors - too slow I'v seen people say. McKenzie looks a better player than McGarry at this point who hasn't settled yet. He rarely gets beaten. And we works that left side really well.

1 minute ago, RedRevolution said:

Ps how about Ramdani - a lot of criticism on here last year. But he's good enough to play Serie A. A lot of people on here wouldn't know a player if they saw one. And if they did see a good player they would still enjoy moaning.

11 hours ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

It's a curiosity but many Dons fans have a tendency towards being especially harsh and hyper critical of the local loons that break into the team.

Or, to be blunt, the homegrown ones aren't very good

It's a lazy thing to say anyway

People liked Ryan fraser, ramsay and most like barron

The rest weren't very well liked because, to be blunt, they weren't good enough

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, RedRevolution said:

Some local guys have been criticised but so have plenty non locals. Also plenty get praised eg using Andy Watson as example of criticism then Simpson, Cooper and Hewitt got plenty praise as they were better

5 minutes ago, RDS said:

Some local guys have been criticised but so have plenty non locals. Also plenty get praised eg using Andy Watson as example of criticism then Simpson, Cooper and Hewitt got plenty praise as they were better

Yep

It's not rocket science 

I don't mind people get criticism, but there are certain players that get targeted.  

For example they could be playing well ala McKenzie right now, and someone will post to highlight this, and it will immediately be followed by someone posting  "yeah but here is why he is shite and not good enough ", unable to give him any slack or credit.

• Upvote 2
26 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Or, to be blunt, the homegrown ones aren't very good

It's a lazy thing to say anyway

People liked Ryan fraser, ramsay and most like barron

The rest weren't very well liked because, to be blunt, they weren't good enough

You need to sharpen up a bit. 

• Haha 2

I like him. Not in a Miovski way. But in the same way I liked Considine.

Those defending him surely must see why some don't rate him. He's given away some daft penalties and a stupid red card this season.

Seems to be improving this season though, especially going forward.

He is getting better at going forward now, which is good. 
Gives away an insane amount of penalties which is either unlucky or not learning. 
For his 50 yard run across Ibrox to smash into Goldson he deserves a bit of slack. 
The best left back we have at the club (not a high bar). He could be here all his career. 

• Upvote 1