Jack Mackenzie

lol with the abundance of LB’s at Scotlands disposal it would take an explosion at a Scottish left back convention for MacKenzie to have any chance of making squad. 

He seriously needs to improve his defensive abilities as a LB but he has some good qualities in going forward tbf to him. He could maybe benefit from a shift to a left midfield role (under less pressure & not being directly involved with other shite in defence he’s alongside) but fact we (as always) cannot fill a LB role we’re stuck with trying to improve him in a shite team.

I realise he would also be alongside a pile of shite in midfield also 🤣

My point is that he’s not a LB at any level in SPFL but could maybe do a job in LM at some sides. 

4 hours ago, Dons79 said:

Considine managed to get in the Scotland squad and arguably helped us qualify for the last euros, McKenzie will never ever see the Scotland squad.

Because he's got an Argentinian Granny and likely to choose them?

4 hours ago, Broken_Glass said:

Andy Considine the Aberdeen player who gets rated higher and higher as the years go by despite him being extremely average and extremely limited at best.

What an enigma. 

Bit of a disservice. Consi had a season or two where he was unexpectedly one of the best left backs in the league under McInnes. Showed great adaptability to stick around when Shinnie came in and not only keep that spot but excel in it. 

8 minutes ago, Sheeptastic said:

Bit of a disservice. Consi had a season or two where he was unexpectedly one of the best left backs in the league under McInnes. Showed great adaptability to stick around when Shinnie came in and not only keep that spot but excel in it. 

Yeah I remember him saying in an interview how he was so proud to be one of the 12Th best LB’s in SPFL 

It’s my decision that any Aberdeen fan who doesn’t have time for Considine or appreciate his ability should have their nobs cut off and fed to Barry Ferguson. 

if you can’t like a local guy like that doing us a service for 18 seasons, player of the year when we had guys like McLean hayes shinnie rooney McGinn, hat trick at dens…. Then you are just never happy and should quite simply give up. 

and die

🍺

• Upvote 1
On 4/5/2024 at 9:36 PM, fine-n-dandy said:

lol with the abundance of LB’s at Scotlands disposal it would take an explosion at a Scottish left back convention for MacKenzie to have any chance of making squad. 

He seriously needs to improve his defensive abilities as a LB but he has some good qualities in going forward tbf to him. He could maybe benefit from a shift to a left midfield role (under less pressure & not being directly involved with other shite in defence he’s alongside) but fact we (as always) cannot fill a LB role we’re stuck with trying to improve him in a shite team.

I realise he would also be alongside a pile of shite in midfield also 🤣

My point is that he’s not a LB at any level in SPFL but could maybe do a job in LM at some sides. 

OMFG! 🤦‍♂️ “Improve his defensive qualities”. Aye right enough pal. Considine said he’s “the best one on one defender at the club” when he was there. Mackenzie is top 3 player this season no probs. Keep showing yourself up bud as it keeps us entertained 

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1
12 hours ago, jamiesd said:

24, same age as Lewis Ferguson but hey he is still developing.....

Same with Polvara. He's 24 in a couple of months. 

Standards have dropped significantly. Guys like McLean, Ferguson, Fraser and Jack were far better players at a much younger age. 

I'd even say guys like Cammy Smith, Fraser Fyvie, Nicky Low and Joe Shaugnessy were better players at a younger age. 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, stuartyboy said:

Really? Would agree with you season or 2 ago but nae now - puts in some terrific balls 

Just the feeling a get when he bombs up the wing there’s never going to be a end product / assist from him, maybe being harsh on him but no a patch on some of the previous flyers we have had doon the left