Jack Mackenzie

58 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Missed a huge chunk of the match, admittedly

But that was some size of hole in our left back area that they got their third from

There was a big hole in that area but to point the finger at Mackenzie is a bit harsh imo.  Overall, I thought he had a very good game.  There are certain things that he does in a game that drives me mental but I think he is one of these players who are late developers.  IMO he is a vastly improved player from last season and hopefully he will continue that trajectory.  I wish he would develop a bit of a nasty streak as he does seem to play within himself at times.  Was never a big fan of him previously but he is starting to grow on me.  

• Upvote 1

Out of position for first in reality but no one expected Angus cluster fuck.

I have been a critic at times on positional awareness but I think the last few games he's been good and anyone who says otherwise most defo has an agenda.

Fair play to him.

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, Kiriakov33 said:

There was a big hole in that area but to point the finger at Mackenzie is a bit harsh imo.  Overall, I thought he had a very good game.  There are certain things that he does in a game that drives me mental but I think he is one of these players who are late developers.  IMO he is a vastly improved player from last season and hopefully he will continue that trajectory.  I wish he would develop a bit of a nasty streak as he does seem to play within himself at times.  Was never a big fan of him previously but he is starting to grow on me.  

Who else gets the blame for him not being where he should have been?

Was he out of position for their 1st too I've seen someone say?

• Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Bit harsh in reality but Angus went to pass it over to Jack who wasn't there and then couldn't sort his feet.

The blame lies fully on Angus however.

15 minutes ago, Millertime said:

You don’t like him.  I get it.  I appreciate he has his faults but to blame him for their first goal is incredibly harsh.  MacDonald controlled the ball with his wrong foot then tried to roll his foot over the ball, it got stuck under him and he made a cunt of it.   The second one he has no protection at all.  If he goes to  close the wide man , he leaves an even bigger space behind him.  Morris should have been the one to go wide or at least track the runner he does neither.  As I said, I have not been the greatest fan of his but today he did far more good things than bad and to pinpoint him for the loss of goals is really unfair. 

53 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Out of position for first in reality but no one expected Angus cluster fuck.

I have been a critic at times on positional awareness but I think the last few games he's been good and anyone who says otherwise most defo has an agenda.

Fair play to him.

Certainly a lot to do with the lack of goals conceded up until today. Not that I thought he had a bad game today 

2 hours ago, Millertime said:

Missed a huge chunk of the match, admittedly

But that was some size of hole in our left back area that they got their third from

Couldn’t believe Phillips. Ball watching and left O’Riley completely on his own with yards of space. 

3 hours ago, Hoppy said:

Blaming McKenzie for Celtic's first goal is peak 'hat.  Fucking ridiculous. 😂

Apportionment of any blame today is ridiculous. For the first time in a long time we fronted up to them. 25 mins of the 2nd half aside we were the better team. Yes, McDonald fucked up, but he kept going. We scored 3 and gave them the fear. 
Mackenzie was very good today, his determination to make the blocking tackle was brilliant and he was decent defending the 1 v 1’s too. He’s no roberto Carlos, has limitations, but he was solid today, as they all were. 

6 hours ago, Millertime said:

Wowwwww. You've outdone yourself there.

Do yourself a favour and go watch that back bud...

7 hours ago, Hoppy said:

Blaming McKenzie for Celtic's first goal is peak 'hat.  Fucking ridiculous. 😂

Only person 'who blamed him' didn't really blame him.

Cause it was me that mentioned Angus looking for him but be was further up.

The blame as stated rests firmly with Angus McDonald cause no player or fan expected his cluster fuck.