Jack Mackenzie

Just now, King Street Loon said:

Played well yesterday. Couldn't really fault him.

I'm not a huge fan of MacKenzie, think he's still a massive weak link for us, but one thing you know you're getting from him every games is honest 100% effort.

As a supporter of a certain age remember some early performances of Considine. The first half against Copenhagen in 2007 springs to mind, when big Andy was pish.

Andy developed into a reasonably reliable club servant after that match and MacKenzie will do likewise. 

Neither are superstars but a team needs players with their attitude.

MacKenzie's goal saving block late in game was superb.

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

As a supporter of a certain age remember some early performances of Considine. The first half against Copenhagen in 2007 springs to mind, when big Andy was pish.

Andy developed into a reasonably reliable club servant after that match and MacKenzie will do likewise. 

Neither are superstars but a team needs players with their attitude.

MacKenzie's goal saving block late in game was superb.

The problem is that some supporters remembered earlier performances and couldn't get over them.

Christie passes the ball straight to a Dundee player, who runs through towards goal. Considine, correctly  keeps him on the outside, meaning his only option is a near post shot which the keeper will have covered.  Unfortunately Lewis lets it slip in.  Who's fault?  Well you can guess who the Hat blamed.

Lewis and Logan fuck up a cross at ibrox resulting in a pathetic goal.  What does the Hat do? Well they note the cross came in from the left and scream that the problem was the cross should've been cut out. (Me - watches the highlights and notes it was actually McLean that failed to stop the cross in any case).

There was even some fucktard who listed everything Considine was shit at. Some were genuine (such as lack of pace), but he also accused him of being shit positionally, when at that time he was probably the best at the club (he had to be because of the previously cited lack of pace).

Considine was a limited player, no doubt - that tends to be the case for a club like Aberdeen, but there was so much utter fucking nonsense posted about Considine in some sort of desperate attempt to prove he was pish. Boils my piss.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8
2 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

The problem is that some supporters remembered earlier performances and couldn't get over them.

Christie passes the ball straight to a Dundee player, who runs through towards goal. Considine, correctly  keeps him on the outside, meaning his only option is a near post shot which the keeper will have covered.  Unfortunately Lewis lets it slip in.  Who's fault?  Well you can guess who the Hat blamed.

Lewis and Logan fuck up a cross at ibrox resulting in a pathetic goal.  What does the Hat do? Well they note the cross came in from the left and scream that the problem was the cross should've been cut out. (Me - watches the highlights and notes it was actually McLean that failed to stop the cross in any case).

There was even some fucktard who listed everything Considine was shit at. Some were genuine (such as lack of pace), but he also accused him of being shit positionally, when at that time he was probably the best at the club (he had to be because of the previously cited lack of pace).

Considine was a limited player, no doubt - that tends to be the case for a club like Aberdeen, but there was so much utter fucking nonsense posted about Considine in some sort of desperate attempt to prove he was pish. Boils my piss.  

Me too.

We could have a thread on it’s own about players who the Hat/fans at Pittodrie have taken an unfair dislike to.

I remember Billy Stark getting dogs abuse, and he scored in finals too.

9 hours ago, Kiriakov33 said:

You don’t like him.  I get it.  I appreciate he has his faults but to blame him for their first goal is incredibly harsh.  MacDonald controlled the ball with his wrong foot then tried to roll his foot over the ball, it got stuck under him and he made a cunt of it.   The second one he has no protection at all.  If he goes to  close the wide man , he leaves an even bigger space behind him.  Morris should have been the one to go wide or at least track the runner he does neither.  As I said, I have not been the greatest fan of his but today he did far more good things than bad and to pinpoint him for the loss of goals is really unfair. 

He's improved, that's clear

The problem is he's improved from nowhere near good enough to a very limited squad player

Yeah, great

• Dildo 2

My mum was at a match at Pittodrie and the man behind was giving Billy Stark a hard time basically for being Billy Stark. My mum turned round and said if you can't support your own players be quiet. When Billy Stark completed his hat trick that day my mum turned round to ask this fan his new opinion on Billy Stark and the man got up and stormed out . Aberdeen fans have always been unreasonable with some Aberdeen players.

• Upvote 1
22 minutes ago, davierobb said:

My mum was at a match at Pittodrie and the man behind was giving Billy Stark a hard time basically for being Billy Stark. My mum turned round and said if you can't support your own players be quiet. When Billy Stark completed his hat trick that day my mum turned round to ask this fan his new opinion on Billy Stark and the man got up and stormed out . Aberdeen fans have always been unreasonable with some Aberdeen players.

• Haha 2

Few folk on X saying Mackenzie is their young player of the year. He's just turned 24 and Duk is less than two months older and Miovski about 10 months older. Funny how Mackenzie looked on as young but doubt many think other 2 are

3 minutes ago, thurso said:

I’m not sure about that. Take out Robertson and Tierney (and Tierney is very injury prone) the rest are pretty even so he could easily get in if he keeps going the way he is. 

Doig and Hickey miles ahead, although will probably rather play Hickey on the right due to the depth of the left. 

Greg Taylor better than McKenzie too. 

Will take a crisis for him to get a cap. Which is possible