Raith Rovers 2 - 1 Aberdeen

5 minutes ago, Millerdon said:

Glass has been given plenty plaudits for making early and decisive subsitutions, but was today not an example where doing just that might have cost us? 

Even if we had managed to scrape an equaliser we would have been playing with 9 men in extra time.

I think when ties go to extra time one further substitution is allowed. 

But yes his actions have (albeit done with the best of intentions) more than likely cost us one definite starter for Qarabag, possibly 2

1 hour ago, DelMonte said:

Don’t write a long winded response. It just makes your posts boring.

If you were trying to convince us all that your mantra of 'less is more' works, then I think you just dispelled the myth. Boring potentially as you disagree. The amount of words in my posts doesn't really materially impact the content, you dullard.

1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

That’s your opinion but it doesn’t give you the right to decide how others should feel. What you are happy/contented with for your team is YOURS alone. How others feel about the team seems to bother you more than apparent failings in team. You can accept those but not the criticism of them ?

Not really. Not if your actions have a negative impact on the side. I'll rightly call you out in the stands or on a forum for potentially making matters worse. Support the side, but if you can't do that, then just STFU. Nothing positive to say, then say nothing - isn't that the saying? (but I pays me money and that gives me the right to boo... blah blah). Try going to St James Park and booing a defeated Newcastle. You'd rightly be kicked in your mangina.

56 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

Happy clappers v the realists divide begins (the Glass edition)

Who's happy clapping at that? I applauded the players to try and drown out the knobs who were booing. I wasn't saying, well done for losing... more so, I've got yer backs lads. We win and lose as a family.

49 minutes ago, BitWait said:

A disgrace to go out of this competition to such a lowly side. Players who played and management should be ashamed of themselves.

Lowly? Mid table Championship side with a proven manager/coach at the helm away from home? You have a bit of a sense of superiority pal. Had that been the McInnes side of April 2021, would that defeat have been anything other than anticipated?

43 minutes ago, elephantstone78 said:

It’s woke to boo now, even when being papped out the cup by lower league dross. 

It's always been woke... just woke was never a word that existed in society until recently in reality. I'd say what it was before was simply called fickle.

29 minutes ago, findlay_1903 said:

Win lose or draw, we can boo when we want!

I'll bo when I want. I'll boo when I waaaaaant. I'm a wee baby... I'll boo when I want.

@tiny wee lad Im not taking sides just making an observation 

I didnt see the game so cant comment other than the obvious disappointment, especially at throwing away a 0-1 lead. 

Ive seen much worse (raith/mcghee) than what mustve happened today. Losing 1-2 away in a cup game against a decent side who would be on a par with bottom 6 spl doesnt throw me into a rage. So for some, that would make me a happy clapper. Zero fucks given about that.

As long as lessons are learnt and theres a reaction in the SC and league then we move on.

26 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

That won't go down well with a lot on here

FWIW I don't blame him for their first goal but there's no doubt he's equally as culpable as Gurr for their second

C’mon to fuck. Gurr had ages to deal with it and stood there looking at the ball for ages. Lewis has palmed that away far enough. 

Blaming literally anyone apart from Gurr is mental.

2 hours ago, Tinyweelad said:

I'm sorry, I forgot we lost to Livi. Shit manager that he is.

So you don't actually pay attention to football games and think that a keeper fluffing a shot means that our team is just perfect and their is nothing else to learn from the experience - ok 

• Upvote 1
Just now, Simply Red said:

@tiny wee lad Im not taking sides just making an observation 

I didnt see the game so cant comment other than the obvious disappointment, especially at throwing away a 0-1 lead. 

Ive seen much worse (raith/mcghee) than what mustve happened today. Losing 1-2 away in a cup game against a decent side who would be on a par with bottom 6 spl doesnt throw me into a rage. So for some, that would make me a happy clapper. Zero fucks given about that.

As long as lessons are learnt and theres a reaction in the SC and league then we move on.

That's quite a relevant point if truth be told, and you don't need to go back that far either. If we'd still been under the management of McInnes, we'd probably have won the Hacken game 1-0 at home but papped out over there. Drawn the Utd game 0-0 and lost the Livi game after throwing Dean Campbell up front with along with Ash Taylor. Today's result would just have been another brick in the wall.
So it's actually a back handed compliment to Glass that many are sploshing about in pools of their own urine, such is the over reactions. I think he's improved the standard of play in just weeks. Of course, there's no silver bullet, and we've been a wee bit spoiled by the results so far. There was always going to be points this season where we struggle and today, trying to manage players game time ahead of an important (extremely if you factor in the financial benefit of group stages) game, it didn't go to plan.

As you say - let's see if there's a reaction. We all know the side that lines up on Thu will look similar to the ones who have played in Europe so far. No Hayes and Hedges, but Ojo, McGeough, push Ferguson forward a bit more along side Ramirez.... we'll see. But if we win over two legs, then those who are lambasting Glass and Cormack will be happily lapping it all up.

2 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

C’mon to fuck. Gurr had ages to deal with it and stood there looking at the ball for ages. Lewis has palmed that away far enough. 

Blaming literally anyone apart from Gurr is mental.

In the eighties keepers would catch that shot. Far too much pattery shite these days, parrying everything. If he wants to do that he has to ensure it goes behind for a corner. At absolute worst, send it well to the side from where any shot would be from too acute an angle. 

Cowan got it absolutely correct when he called out Lewis for it. Mind you he played with Leighton. A keeper who Lewis isn't fit to even clean his boots for

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Simply Red said:

Happy clappers v the realists divide begins (the Glass edition)

Work in process this season,some on here living in cuckoo land thinking after Thursday's result we're going to win league...Lots of work to be done yet,but Glass has shown so far he was the right man to take over along with Brown.

4 minutes ago, Crossbow said:

So you don't actually pay attention to football games and think that a keeper fluffing a shot means that our team is just perfect and their is nothing else to learn from the experience - ok 

Eh? There's was f*ck all in the 1st half apart from a flukey Anderson goal. Raith's performance in 2nd half today was light years better than anything the hammer throwers were playing in the 1st half. Brown was always coming on 2nd half, as I'm sure were others. OK, potentially got a win out of a draw, but you armchair managers think you have all the answers. What do you want him to do? Play the strongest 11 twice a week for the first 6 weeks of the season and risk ruining players through injury and the rest of our season potentially? Those who say, he didn't learn his lesson, don't really appreciate what the subtle differences between being a fan and a coach are all about.

Just now, Torry Tosser said:

Work in process this season,some on here living in cuckoo land thinking after Thursday's result we're going to win league...Lots of work to be done yet,but Glass has shown so far he was the right man to take over along with Brown.

Happy clappers like you accepting mediocrity are killing this club.

I’ll not be back until Glass is gone.

#top red

4 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

In the eighties keepers would catch that shot. Far too much pattery shite these days, parrying everything. If he wants to do that he has to ensure it goes behind for a corner. At absolute worst, send it well to the side from where any shot would be from too acute an angle. 

Cowan got it absolutely correct when he called out Lewis for it. Mind you he played with Leighton. A keeper who Lewis isn't fit to even clean his boots for

If Gurr wasn’t a total shitter he’d have cleared that no bother since he had about 10 years to deal with it. You’re knit picking when Gurr made a horrendous error and is fully responsible.

1 minute ago, Ten Caat said:

Not the best of goalies in my opinion,and I was one myself in Amateur leagues,and nae  bad as well.

I stated last week that his concentration levels are poor,and some dick said I wis talking shite.Well they're entitled to their opinion and I might be wrong,but I don't think I am.

10 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Are you saying Lewis was at fault for the second goal?

You’ll have to explain your thinking for that to everyone I reckon. 

I’m sure I don’t have to explain it to everyone but I will explain it to you. 

It’s quite simple he should catch and hold the first shot. 

6 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Steve Cowan is a fucking wanker btw. He is horrendous on red TV. I’m not surprised he said that.

Strange as he speaks so highly of you.

7 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

If Gurr wasn’t a total shitter he’d have cleared that no bother since he had about 10 years to deal with it. You’re knit picking when Gurr made a horrendous error and is fully responsible.

He never shat out anything ffs. He was just far too fucking slow because Zanatta was totally on his blind side and he had no fucking idea he was coming.

Did you even see the match????

3 minutes ago, REDRODDIE said:

I’m sure I don’t have to explain it to everyone but I will explain it to you. 

It’s quite simple he should catch and hold the first shot. 

Really? Even most of the best keepers in the world are parrying that shot clear of goal like Lewis did.

Gurr had all the time he could have wanted to do literally anything except stand still. His fault, not Lewis.

8 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Really? Even most of the best keepers in the world are parrying that shot clear of goal like Lewis did.

Gurr had all the time he could have wanted to do literally anything except stand still. His fault, not Lewis.

I agree that's what they do now.

Half decent ones don't push it right out though.........they make sure it goes sideways/out for a corner. 

Absolutely 50% on Lewis

16 minutes ago, Tinyweelad said:

Eh? There's was f*ck all in the 1st half apart from a flukey Anderson goal. Raith's performance in 2nd half today was light years better than anything the hammer throwers were playing in the 1st half. Brown was always coming on 2nd half, as I'm sure were others. OK, potentially got a win out of a draw, but you armchair managers think you have all the answers. What do you want him to do? Play the strongest 11 twice a week for the first 6 weeks of the season and risk ruining players through injury and the rest of our season potentially? Those who say, he didn't learn his lesson, don't really appreciate what the subtle differences between being a fan and a coach are all about.

I’m glad we have experts like you to put it all in context. League cup was a trophy we had a fighting chance of winning. One of two this season. But of course we shouldn’t concentrate on that. No let’s concentrate on something we have no chance in because we just might get a bit of cash… or we might not. 

57 minutes ago, Tinyweelad said:

If you were trying to convince us all that your mantra of 'less is more' works, then I think you just dispelled the myth. Boring potentially as you disagree. The amount of words in my posts doesn't really materially impact the content, you dullard.

Not really. Not if your actions have a negative impact on the side. I'll rightly call you out in the stands or on a forum for potentially making matters worse. Support the side, but if you can't do that, then just STFU. Nothing positive to say, then say nothing - isn't that the saying? (but I pays me money and that gives me the right to boo... blah blah). Try going to St James Park and booing a defeated Newcastle. You'd rightly be kicked in your mangina.

Who's happy clapping at that? I applauded the players to try and drown out the knobs who were booing. I wasn't saying, well done for losing... more so, I've got yer backs lads. We win and lose as a family.

Lowly? Mid table Championship side with a proven manager/coach at the helm away from home? You have a bit of a sense of superiority pal. Had that been the McInnes side of April 2021, would that defeat have been anything other than anticipated?

It's always been woke... just woke was never a word that existed in society until recently in reality. I'd say what it was before was simply called fickle.

I'll bo when I want. I'll boo when I waaaaaant. I'm a wee baby... I'll boo when I want.

You have no idea what woke actually means do you?