Subs:
Lewis
McRorie
Ramsay
Brown
Ojo
Hedges
Ramirez

Pretty extreme, and I don't think he will make quite as many changes, but as the Livi match showed he will likely freshen it up a bit.

With the heat and travel of our match in Baku on Thursday, then a tough challenge away to Hearts on Sunday, I think he has to change things around significantly for the Raith match.  Otherwise we might be dead on our feet by the time we get to Tynecastle.

I'd keep Lewis in goals. He barely moves during the course of 90 mins.

I would start Gallagher, Gurr, Jenks, Ojo, McGeouch, McLennan and JET as they played either 45 mins or less yesterday.

Ramirez, Ferguson and Brown should start off on the bench. Bring on second half when needed.

Raith Rovers will not be an easy game on Sunday.

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

Oooh, new player. Any better than Ramsay? (only jesting after the “he’s electric” post)

Thats practically changed out the whole team (bar 3). You should put in Hancock as well ;)

The Qarabag game is definitely the priority next week, but doubt there will be that many changes

Roger Ramjet he’s our man

Hero of our nation

Rest Lewis, Considine, Ramsay, Brown and Ramirez. And anyone carrying a knock.

Lewis isn't really being rested, just giving Woods some much needed game time to keep his eye in. Neither is Ramirez, he's being protected as if he gets injured we are up shit creek until we sign another decent striker. Put Hancock in alongside Gallagher, McCrorie into midfield.

Raith are no mugs but if we can't beat them without the 5 above (replaced by guys who normally make up our bench, only one genuine rookie in Hancock) then we are nowhere near as good as we think.

You rest our players deemed ‘too much risk’ & the ones that aren’t rested feel expendable & possibly just go through motions. 
We aren’t a good enough squad to be risking messing around too much with.

We field our strongest 11 for start of EVERY game as every game is important. We can start messing around resting players when safe to do so, or physically required.

Not against throwing in one or two at a push that have earned right in training to potentially slot in without too much risk but we approach every game as if it’s a knock out game (which this actually is)

12 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

You rest our players deemed ‘too much risk’ & the ones that aren’t rested feel expendable & possibly just go through motions. 

We field our strongest 11 for start of EVERY game as every game is important. We can start messing around resting players when safe to do so, or physically required.

Not against throwing in one or two at a push that have earned right in training to potentially slot in without too much risk but we approach every game as if it’s a knock out game (which this actually is)

I’ve got to agree with this, I do see him resting 1 or 2 players but there’s no way we should be taking this lightly. All of our momentum comes to a halt if we’re knocked out by Raith on Sunday. We got off with it against Livi but that was a league game, let’s not take the risk in the cup.

12 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

I refer you to what Glass did at Livingston

4 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Roger Ramjet he’s our man

Hero of our nation

No, it goes……

We’ve got RamJET, they score goals and terrorise defences.

With Teddy Jenks to set them up for super Ryan Hedges.

Brown’s the one to snap their legs

And lead the team to glory.

Gallagher will block the goals,

At our home Pittodrie.

Might need to swap out the Teddy Jenks reference though. Could swap in Funso King ?

10 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Very difficult to say what the starting X1 will be given the Thu/Sun games just now, with a really hard week ahead with a trip to Azerbaijan & then Tynecastle effectively with just two days rest.

I expect a few changes tomorrow.

The likes of McLennan, Jenks, Gurr, Hayes & JET might start.

League Cup is important though as it’s probably our best chance of a trophy, so not too much fannying about.

Complete guesswork. 

Lewis

Gurr Gallagher McCrorie MacKenzie        
                      Brown    
             Jenks           Ojo

McLennan JET  Hayes 

2-1 Dons       

I like that line up, given some being rested is inevitable. This is still a big game, irrespective and like you I think Brooner should start. Get a couple ahead and take him off, ideally at half time. 
The 1st half without Brooner against Livi wasn’t great..