Qarabag 1 - 0 Aberdeen

Just now, Tord31 said:

Aye pot 4 is gonna be utter dross by the looks of it. 

This is a huge match for us. Not only will we make a load of dosh, get some big games at pittodrie and trips away but we might also have a decent chance of getting out of the groups

If we get through we'll be part of the pot 4 dross.

Saw the pitch  was  the same state against the Cypriot team ( highlights). That there wasn't much highlights  maybe the pitch was the cause. Seems like they  are not experts on playing on it either.  I think we will get away with a draw or a narrow loss. Either would set it up nicely for Pittodrie..and hopefully a full capacity.

8 hours ago, Ernie McCracken said:

For the love of fuck!!!

Aye Dave.

Get you excuses in up front.

Top stradeggy.

3 hours ago, Oregon Red said:

Saw the pitch  was  the same state against the Cypriot team ( highlights). That there wasn't much highlights  maybe the pitch was the cause. Seems like they  are not experts on playing on it either.  I think we will get away with a draw or a narrow loss. Either would set it up nicely for Pittodrie..and hopefully a full capacity.

I watched that game and also been to a few matches there live.

Have never noticed the pitch have any effect on how the ball was playing or any detriment to the football on show.

Maybe they just dug it up a couple of days ago. ?

Or maybe those pics are close ups and a touch duplicitous.

A touch bizarre for a club chairman to come up with such hysterics about a hosts pitch prior to such a huge match.

Can't see how that can in any way help our cause. Could possibly be detrimental to it.

Bit of a brain fart really, much like his one about the broken seats.

37 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

I don't know much about Qarabag, but their record in recent years, suggests they'll be a good team.  They were in the Champions League a few years ago!

So, I'd be more worried if we were playing them on a carpet-like pitch out there.  Playing on a tip could be something of a leveller!

The carpet museum in Baku so the coolest building.

Love it.

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

I don't know much about Qarabag, but their record in recent years, suggests they'll be a good team.  They were in the Champions League a few years ago!

So, I'd be more worried if we were playing them on a carpet-like pitch out there.  Playing on a tip could be something of a leveller!

A rough pitch favors the more physical and direct side, which we probably are. 

Why are everyone making such a fuss of the distance and time zone? 

Ramsay said 6hrs flight and 3 hour time difference…. That’s like flying from New York to Los Angeles. 

Plus the cormack tweet about the pitch. Cmon no excuses - take it to em. 

to be fair, glass should be able to deal with this easily given his time in America. Massively hot tenperartures in Atlanta and traveling far distances for league matches. 

1 hour ago, South Stand Seagull said:

Ramsay said 6hrs flight and 3 hour time difference…. That’s like flying from New York to Los Angeles. 

to be fair, glass should be able to deal with this easily given his time in America. Massively hot tenperartures in Atlanta and traveling far distances for league matches. 

You know glass is retired yeah? Him being able to handle hot temperatures isn't going to assist Considine being unable to run. 

• Haha 1

Ha

1 hour ago, South Stand Seagull said:

The pitch is an absolute disgrace. Imagine Ramirez gets injured because of the pitch we are in deep shit. 

6 hours ago, NEM said:

Around 20 dandy dons going

In Baku there is a Celtic supporters club upstairs in Shakespeares with their bigoted paraphernalia on the wall , you will see it when you go for a piss. Pull it down , I didn't as I wasn't drunk enough and was with my boss. 

If not , you get a decent chicken curry in there.