Fall of Kabul

Ke1t

Over dramatic Headlines like "the Taliban are stepping up the search for "collaborators" going door to door" are just lazy journalism trying to keep people interested in the story now most people have switched off about it.

What did certain people really expect the Taliban not to do this? Every victorious army does this including the Americans and the UK when we helped the Afghanistan's govt push the Taliban out last time.

3 minutes ago, Parklife said:

You've slagged me for reading the Guardian multiple times and Owen Jones stands for everything you moan about. 

That is complete rubbish and shows you don't actually read anything I write. I read the Guardian website every day and link to it often on here. I am also capable of reading or listening to the words people say or write and either agreeing or disagreeing no matter who is saying or writing them.

I've read one of Owen Jones books and admire the guy despite the fact I disagree with him on a lot of things.

9 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

That is complete rubbish and shows you don't actually read anything I write.

I read it all before you became a full time troll. 

I read the Guardian website every day and link to it often on here. I am also capable of reading or listening to the words people say or write and either agreeing or disagreeing no matter who is saying or writing them.

I'll take your word for that

I've read one of Owen Jones books and admire the guy despite the fact I disagree with him on a lot of things.

Okay doke. 

Guest milne_afc

Cmon min Aberdeen had plenty of opportunity to make oil money and plenty did. Love or loathe her, she deserves a modicum of respect.

Last PM to win a proper war.

Guest milne_afc

You’re not seriously saying Aberdonians were deprived of opportunity during the Thatcher years? Didn’t Aberdeen have the highest % of millionaires per population outside of London at one point? Not that money makes my world go round, but it’s a fairly common yardstick.

4 hours ago, rocket_scientist said:

Just realised, I referred to it in the past tense, like O & G is already history.

Much as the demise of the pretend-wealthy in Abz will be welcomed, it has impacts on me, personally. It won't affect my family, I'm pretty certain none of my four will ever choose to return to the NE. Shame like but this region is fucked. 

Aberdeen,  like Arabia,  will go back to the stone age soon enough when the demand for oil reduces. Weegies will be looking down their noses at the NE minkers in their  slums. 

7 hours ago, rocket_scientist said:

Of course they fucked Aberdeen and every part of Scotland. You're missing the point. Are you back on "the sauce"?

Actually to be fair the worst fucks that shafted Aberdeen was Barney Crocket and his pals - fucking turned down investment. I’ll never forgive them for that.

Why in the world of of fuck would you knock back 60m investment in the city is honestly staggering 

3 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

Aberdeen,  like Arabia,  will go back to the stone age soon enough when the demand for oil reduces. Weegies will be looking down their noses at the NE minkers in their  slums. 

Considering the life expectancy of yer average Weegie, you’ll be long gone by that time ye old bastard. Decom work then a possible move to renewables should see the good times keep rolling for the Hats Aberdeen contingent. 

• Haha 1