Proposed new stadium, by Aberdeen beach

21 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

https://committees.aberdeencity.gov.uk/documents/s123822/APPENDIX%20D%20-%20LEISURE%20STADIUM%20ver2.pdf

On the cricket pitch by the Broad Hill, and not on the land currently used by Transition Extreme, as was previously thought

Surely that'll be a no-goer. I thought a big reason the club originally ruled out land at Kings Links was because of how much the groundworks would cost with it being so close to the beach.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Surely that'll be a no-goer. I thought a big reason the club originally ruled out land at Kings Links was because of how much the groundworks would cost with it being so close to the beach.

And isn't coastal erosion seriously affecting that area anyway?

Was in Edinburgh last week and with time to kill, had a stroll round Murrayfield and then to Tynecastle. Given how land locked the latter was and what Hearts have subsequently achieved, however ham fisted the new stand is,  I see no reason why we can't just upgrade Pittodrie, if the prevailing thought process is to remain in the City Centre?

Hmmmm , skimmed over it but looks like there are some ambitious plans . I'd go option 3 and do it properly instead of squeezing it into existing sites. 18 to 20 k , needs to be 20k , not seeing much parking facilities , just get rid of the cricket pitch and use that . Could be a nice location with sea views etc but kinda liked the hotel site 

Looks like the forgot to put the bloody stadium in option 3 so option 2 without the ice rink ,not required 

29 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

https://committees.aberdeencity.gov.uk/documents/s123822/APPENDIX%20D%20-%20LEISURE%20STADIUM%20ver2.pdf

On the cricket pitch by the Broad Hill, and not on the land currently used by Transition Extreme, as was previously thought

Mind fan folk believed Milne when he said it was impossible to build at the beach as the stadium would sink. Ha! The same folk who now call Cormack a snake oil salesman. 

GIB!

• Upvote 1
Guest milne_afc
Just now, Betty Swallicks said:

Mind fan folk believed Milne when he said it was impossible to build at the beach as the stadium would sink. Ha! The same folk who now call Cormack a snake oil salesman. 

GIB!

Haha. Some absolute nutters on another Dons site we’re telling anyone who’d listen that the South Stand was sinking and had to have concrete pumped below it every summer to keep it upright. 

Pittodrie Stadium The current stadium is in need of major modernisation and repair, and in terms of main stand hospitality facilities is woefully inadequate compared to many of their rivalteams in both the Sottish Premier and English Premier Leagues.

"Sottish"

"rivalteams"

Think they should first be investing in a proof-reader. Glad to see we have rivals in the EPL tho.

20-A167-BF-0915-4612-A95-B-08-F5-F6-AAF1

that page is just pie in the sky nonsense. The audacious lies that we tell to women to get in their pants.

Keep people there all day (would covid laws allow that) (currently swimming pools are limited to an hour with no hope of changing that) 

Sharks!!!! come away 

edit, I’m stunned the council think there is a market for a decent leisure centre. Just absolute drivel.

would love a new dons stadium but this has made me think there’s less chance of it happening now. ACC couldn’t manage a project of this size. Look at the state of putting a disabled lift into UTG. About fower year late already 

7 minutes ago, Poodler said:

20-A167-BF-0915-4612-A95-B-08-F5-F6-AAF1

that page is just pie in the sky nonsense. The audacious lies that we tell to children to get in their pants.

Keep people there all day (would covid laws allow that) (currently swimming pools are limited to an hour with no hope of changing that) 

Sharks!!!! come away 

Covid restrictions in 5 years time. Ha!

Can't change swimming times ever. Ha!

Sharks. Ace!

GIB!

52 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

And isn't coastal erosion seriously affecting that area anyway?

Was in Edinburgh last week and with time to kill, had a stroll round Murrayfield and then to Tynecastle. Given how land locked the latter was and what Hearts have subsequently achieved, however ham fisted the new stand is,  I see no reason why we can't just upgrade Pittodrie, if the prevailing thought process is to remain in the City Centre?

Regardless of the actual stadium, I think a football club being centred in the community is so important. Travelling to other grounds should show you that community, that city, something different. As well as supporting the relationship between club and community generally. Hearts have grown up in Gorgie. Breweries. Tenements. Pubs. Schools. Chemical plants. 

We're heading for a world where we all get on coaches and arrive at plastic bowls in greenfield sites, all looking and feeling the same. You'll need to remind yourself if you're in Aberdeen, Motherwell or Coventry. All soulless. All samey. We need to avoid that. 

• Upvote 4
20 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Regardless of the actual stadium, I think a football club being centred in the community is so important. Travelling to other grounds should show you that community, that city, something different. As well as supporting the relationship between club and community generally. Hearts have grown up in Gorgie. Breweries. Tenements. Pubs. Schools. Chemical plants. 

We're heading for a world where we all get on coaches and arrive at plastic bowls in greenfield sites, all looking and feeling the same. You'll need to remind yourself if you're in Aberdeen, Motherwell or Coventry. All soulless. All samey. We need to avoid that. 

Skins, see that area directly behind the Roseburn Stand, currently derelict, fenced off and CCTV monitored? Is that part of the brewery? Do Hearts have their eye on that for future development?

If and it’s a big if this goes ahead I think cormack would be pushing for at least 22,000 capacity 

My reasoning , he is targeting 15000 season ticket holders over the next 5 years and he needs to consider the casual supporter for whom the option of a season ticket is not viable 

what about away fans allocation ? 
I am though much more in favour of the location than kingsford even though for me travelling it would have been easier 

14 minutes ago, Redtaz2 said:

If and it’s a big if this goes ahead I think cormack would be pushing for at least 22,000 capacity 

My reasoning , he is targeting 15000 season ticket holders over the next 5 years and he needs to consider the casual supporter for whom the option of a season ticket is not viable 

what about away fans allocation ? 
I am though much more in favour of the location than kingsford even though for me travelling it would have been easier 

18-20k would be fine.

Give away fans 1000, the vast majority don't take that amount anyway. 

2-4k available for non season ticket Dandies. 

2 hours ago, milne_afc said:

Haha. Some absolute nutters on another Dons site we’re telling anyone who’d listen that the South Stand was sinking and had to have concrete pumped below it every summer to keep it upright. 

The south stand is sinking. A couple mm every year. I think the Merkland/Red Shed whatever it's real name is now might be as well.

They're nae pumping concrete under it every year though.