I was not greatly impressed by qarabag who - beyond dominating possession as you would expect at home - looked unremarkable.

They will be disorientated when playing on a surface which doesn't resemble the Somme battlefield, so we have lots in our favour.

We (the team) shouldn't get worked up over this and heap pressure on themselves - just go out and enjoy playing in a packed Pittodrie and I am sure we will do it.

14 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

We'll do what we have done most of the season, we'll be utter shite in the first 45 and really good in the second. The key thing is keeping it tight in that shite period! 

It’s been a concern that we seem to need the half time break to make a few changes before we start playing well in most of our games so far.

We can’t afford that in this game.

11 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Disagree. First goal is crucial & we desperately need it. They score first with us keeping it tight (which we will struggle to do anyway given our options) & we are in huge trouble as 3 goals needed from us then without reply & that is near impossible against them. 

11 hours ago, Millertime said:

Agreed

(Shudder!)

Wasn't confident of getting through this tie.... was thinking a draw..... but something about FND and Millertime being in cahoots feels like a sign. 3-0 Dons,

Mind away goal rule has been scrapped though... so if they score we just need 2 for extra time / pens

1 hour ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

I was not greatly impressed by qarabag who - beyond dominating possession as you would expect at home - looked unremarkable.

They will be disorientated when playing on a surface which doesn't resemble the Somme battlefield, so we have lots in our favour.

We (the team) shouldn't get worked up over this and heap pressure on themselves - just go out and enjoy playing in a packed Pittodrie and I am sure we will do it.

Will they? They surely can't regularly play on pitches that bad. They've played all over Europe and done alright. Doubt this will be an advantage for us.

Aye first goal vital from a momentum point of view on Thursday. 

If we score first then everyone will be buzzing and hopefully carry the team forward to finish off the tie. 

And even if they then equalise you still just need the one goal to keep the tie alive. 

Conceding first would burst the bubble a wee bit but not as bad as when away goals rule was in effect. 

Fast start, get them on the back foot and unsettled early. 

12,500 so far. 

The lower prices are not being proven to be a magic wand as some suggested in the previous tie.

I'll say 16,000

I stick to my comments from the last round. The huge majority of fans are going to a match or not, and are not influenced heavily by the price.

I couldnt go to tynecastle. It was no odds what the price was. I can go to this one etc.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

12,500 so far. 

The lower prices are not being proven to be a magic wand as some suggested in the previous tie.

I'll say 16,000

I stick to my comments from the last round. The huge majority of fans are going to a match or not, and are not influenced heavily by the price.

I couldnt go to tynecastle. It was no odds what the price was. I can go to this one etc.

I still think it'll sell out but i agree, getting 1800 more in than was at last round has fuck all to do with the pricing. 

We need to start the game on the front foot like we were doing earlier in the season. All guns blazing and try to score in the first half. The McInnes approach would be to keep it tight for 80 minutes and then thrown on some giants and pump the ball into the box for the last 10 minutes in the hope we score to take it to extra time, then manage the game out and cross your fingers for penalties. I hope Glass and co just decide to go all out from the first whistle. Need to get the fans going and keep them going.

3 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

It’s been a concern that we seem to need the half time break to make a few changes before we start playing well in most of our games so far.

We can’t afford that in this game.

We could if we keep it at 0-0 n first 45 when we're undoubtedly poor. Especially as it's only 1-0. If we were 2 down from first leg we'd need a focussed, strong 90. Still need that here, but we're only a goal away from being level. 

51 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

We need to start the game on the front foot like we were doing earlier in the season. All guns blazing and try to score in the first half. The McInnes approach would be to keep it tight for 80 minutes and then thrown on some giants and pump the ball into the box for the last 10 minutes in the hope we score to take it to extra time, then manage the game out and cross your fingers for penalties. I hope Glass and co just decide to go all out from the first whistle. Need to get the fans going and keep them going.

The McInnes approach would be to keep it tight for 80 minutes, then bring on another defender. At least the McInnes of last 2 seasons.

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

12,500 so far. 

I'll say 16,000

The club posted on the Tuesday before the Breidablik game that 11,000 had been sold. Theyve posted today (Monday) that 12500 have been sold. So 1500 more and a days less ticket sales to take into account. Lets say another 1000 tickets sold in the next 24 hours, thats 2500 more fans. Confident this will sell out. 

1 hour ago, onlynik said:

Referee is Harald Lechner, he's a UEFA First Category referee, just like Bobby Madden.

6 minutes ago, Liam said:

Was the ref for our home game against Rijeka a couple of years back when he sent off Ojo after 20 minutes

Is there a shortage of refs for European football?

I read we had the same ref last round that we had against Chikura, not this next one

He is card happy though, 3 games this year 14 yellows, 1 red

Last year it was 108 yellows and 6 reds in 24 games

the year before it was 107 yellows and 8 reds in 21 games.

in our game against Rijeka where Ojo was sent off, it was 6 yellows and 1 red. Only 1 yellow for Rijeka.

I have the fear growing in me that were going to get someone sent off

wow going by those stats he's certainly card happy and we can expect a very stop start game with them doing the dying swan act every time they get tackled.

I guess our lads can just get stuck into them as cards don't carry if we make it into the groups so we don't need to be too worried even in they all get a yellow during the match.

4 minutes ago, eddiec said:

wow going by those stats he's certainly card happy and we can expect a very stop start game with them doing the dying swan act every time they get tackled.

I guess our lads can just get stuck into them as cards don't carry if we make it into the groups so we don't need to be too worried even in they all get a yellow during the match.

Well...unless the same player picks up two of them.

24 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

I read we had the same ref last round that we had against Chikura, not this next one

in our game against Rijeka where Ojo was sent off, it was 6 yellows and 1 red. Only 1 yellow for Rijeka.

Our best chance is to get in amongst this lot from the off.

But I’d be worried about 1) Their cheating getting our players in bother, & 2) yellow cards meaning the likes of Brown & Ferguson can’t get in their faces.

13 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Our best chance is to get in amongst this lot from the off.

But I’d be worried about 1) Their cheating getting our players in bother, & 2) yellow cards meaning the likes of Brown & Ferguson can’t get in their faces.

Will work both ways. Like Brown v Bredablik when he riled their players up enough to draw fouls and ultimately yellow cards. 

1 hour ago, afc1903mad said:

[Calculator out]

That's a red every three games and 5 yellows per game.

Eek.

• Haha 1