Samuels Signs

11 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Samuels is a pointless signing. 

He's just Connor McLennan in disguise. The difference is, (very) ocassionally McLennan is good. 

This guy is hopeless - he's just fast and that's basically it. He's got no footballing intelligence whatsoever and no end product. Yes he had two shots at goal today - I could have done exactly the same in those situations - one sclaffed wide from the left hand side of the box, and the other running in from the right hand side and blootering it wide and over the bar. 

Just send him back now - maybe get some kind of multi-ticket with Longstaff and Jenks. They're all a waste of time. Come January when they all go home, everyone will agree with me. 

I hope you’re right but I think some if not all of them are here on season long loans ?

1 hour ago, Don_Corleone said:

He's just Connor McLennan in disguise. The difference is, (very) ocassionally McLennan is good. 

This guy is hopeless - he's just fast and that's basically it. He's got no footballing intelligence whatsoever and no end product. Yes he had two shots at goal today - I could have done exactly the same in those situations - one sclaffed wide from the left hand side of the box, and the other running in from the right hand side and blootering it wide and over the bar. 

Just send him back now - maybe get some kind of multi-ticket with Longstaff and Jenks. They're all a waste of time. Come January when they all go home, everyone will agree with me. 

How can it be wide and over the bar ?

1 hour ago, Don_Corleone said:

Good news if we can get out of some of these season loans

• 2 months later...

Completely forgot about the lad. Not even coming off the bench nowadays so he’ll be heading back south next month, you’d have to expect.

One of the glaring gaps we have in our squad is raw pace, both wide and through the middle (don’t suggest McLennan, plz) and I had high hopes for the lad, alas, he’s no better than the aforementioned McLennan

2 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

Completely forgot about the lad. Not even coming off the bench nowadays so he’ll be heading back south next month, you’d have to expect.

One of the glaring gaps we have in our squad is raw pace, both wide and through the middle (don’t suggest McLennan, plz) and I had high hopes for the lad, alas, he’s no better than the aforementioned McLennan

Why the hell would Wolves take him back? To cover his full wages themselves when they can let him rot with us and get a portion of them covered by us. They have no interest in him....remember we have a "right to buy" option on him at the end of the season so that shows he's finished at Molineux. Right now, with the Devlin further extension fiasco, I have no confidence that we won't end up exercising this purchase option.

39 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Why the hell would Wolves take him back? To cover his full wages themselves when they can let him rot with us and get a portion of them covered by us. They have no interest in him....remember we have a "right to buy" option on him at the end of the season so that shows he's finished at Molineux. Right now, with the Devlin further extension fiasco, I have no confidence that we won't end up exercising this purchase option.

If Hedges goes in January (which i think he will), we will need a much better replacement than Samuels. I'd be sending him back down the road and trying a different approach. We'd be better signing a young winger from one of the lower leagues in Scotland who's got first team experience and has potential than some untried guff from England just because he's come through a youth academy at a premier league club. 

We'd be much better giving the minutes he's had to one of our own young players. 

15 minutes ago, ABERDEENROWIE1903 said:

Must be first loanee we had with an option to buy

Looks to-date like a long list of loans who have failed to impress

Wouldn't miss him if he packed his bags tomorrow 

Seems we are still interested in Jamie McGrath at St Mirren which seems a better option by a mile

McGrath would be a good replacement for Hedges, although slightly different type of player - similar quality I'd say.

Samuels isn't even as good as McLennan so he's a total waste of time for us.

19 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

McGrath would be a good replacement for Hedges, although slightly different type of player - similar quality I'd say.

Samuels isn't even as good as McLennan so he's a total waste of time for us.

At least he manages to stay fit enough to play consistently which is better than Hedges ever has

9 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

If Hedges goes in January (which i think he will), we will need a much better replacement than Samuels. I'd be sending him back down the road and trying a different approach. We'd be better signing a young winger from one of the lower leagues in Scotland who's got first team experience and has potential than some untried guff from England just because he's come through a youth academy at a premier league club. 

We'd be much better giving the minutes he's had to one of our own young players. 

I completely agree that we would have been far better giving some game time to one or more of our own youngsters.

But I repeat.....why would Wolves take him back? The deal was for the full season. They'd be perfectly entitled to ask for whatever loan fee payments were agreed for the full season. But it would still inconvenience them as they'd then have to provide Samuels with training facilities, medical and physio cover, injury insurance etc. Now Wolves are an EPL side and in the grand scheme of things, these would be a drop in the ocean for them but it's stuff they thought they had gotten rid of, certainly till the summer and in their minds hopefully for ever, He has no future at Wolves whatsoever.

It isn't just as simple as what you and others are making out just to say "send him back"

10 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

Someone like Ethan Ross?

• Upvote 3