Stephen Glass: What do we do?   

292 members have voted

1. 1. Stephen Glass: What do we do?

• Sack him immediately
    • If we lose to Dundee
    • Review at end of October
    • Give him the full season

15 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Bumped into Stephen Glass and his missus  on the Mither Tap this efterneen; Bennachie, nae the boozer. Stood and yapped for a good while.

Have to say, despite what we all knew about him being out of his depth, thoroughly decent bloke, and way too nice to be a football manager. 

Are you Tim nice but dim ? 

21 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Bumped into Stephen Glass and his missus  on the Mither Tap this efterneen; Bennachie, nae the boozer. Stood and yapped for a good while.

Have to say, despite what we all knew about him being out of his depth, thoroughly decent bloke, and way too nice to be a football manager. 

That's lovely to hear. The players were gutted when he left, that and his interaction with a fan such as yourself after he's left the job, speaks volumes about the man. Sure he'll be back coaching at a good level before too long. Good luck to him!

2 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

Did he say what he’s doing now?  

2 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

surprised he's still gan aboot up here 

He was in over his head but I like that he recognised and fully accepted that if results were poor and objectives failed that he wouldn’t be the manager anymore - was gracious. Do think he was thoroughly fucked over by refereeing decisions in his time as well to be fair to him, but aye was never going to work.

3 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

The modern game is a brutal place and 'nice guys' get eaten up alive, especially in management, when you're dealing with pampered, entitled, overpaid prima donnas. I think he may still make a good coach / assistant one day, like Eric Black did.

• Upvote 1

As the saying goes, you piss with the cock you've got.

Recruitment killed Glass, but in his defence Goodwin got no better out of the same players and while i appreciate last summers recruits were Glass signings, he didn't have the benefit of a DoF or HoR in place to assist him. 

And let's not forget there were plenty on here giddy over Gallagher, Brown & JET at the time.

Stephen Glass, 12 months down the line could be an entirely different proposition.

50 minutes ago, Dave Bus said:

Hacken 5-1 was one of the best dons games I’ve seen in recent years. Far and away the best glass memory, was the most excited about a dons team ever after that performance, genuinely thought we were onto something.

Haha aye but we fall into that trap every year

Well , under mcinnes at least when we were in Europe

I was so confident after that particular match I bet 3 of my celtic supporting pals that we would win the league

JET in particular looked like peak Zerouali 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Millertime said:

Haha true true

I just specifically remember watching that match, JET in particular and thinking WOW

But, alas, we did never learn as it was the same every year 

JET played well at the start of the season when Glass played him up front alongside Ramirez. The two of them combined well. Then he started playing him wide, or standing about on the half way line miles away from Ramirez, and he looked like the fat puddin that he was. 

Idiotic appointment from the off. Not a manager and he didn't disappoint with his lack of dignity and class.

Should have walked away after the Dundee at Dens "performance" and I use that word extremely loosely however he chose to stay, drag Aberdeen down and take a wage.

Good riddance - however good luck should he get back into football. 

6 hours ago, Broken_Glass said:

Idiotic appointment from the off. Not a manager and he didn't disappoint with his lack of dignity and class.

Should have walked away after the Dundee at Dens "performance" and I use that word extremely loosely however he chose to stay, drag Aberdeen down and take a wage.

Good riddance - however good luck should he get back into football. 

Still not quite sure why you hate him so much, seems a bit OTT. Did he do something to you years ago that's been allowed to fester?

13 minutes ago, Ramandu said:

Still not quite sure why you hate him so much, seems a bit OTT. Did he do something to you years ago that's been allowed to fester?

I don't hate him. I don't rate him and thought he was an absolutely abhorrent appointment and he thereafter proceeded to prove my fears correct with his car crash tenure.

Not sure I would wish someone good luck if I "hated" him.

• 4 months later...