January 2022 transfer window

6 hours ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

The guy has the potential to go as far as he wants. 

We've seen it with McGinn, Van Dijk, among others. Hibs sold McGinn for £3,000,000 or some paltry figure, now I honestly think he'd get in to many of the top sides around Europe. His value will be something like 30-50 million. 

Ramsay is 18 as well, which if anything adds to his value as he has the potential to grow into a really top player. 

7,000,000 plus add ons. 

And if signed in this window, he would be classed as a home grown player for European competitions.

7 hours ago, RED_JOHN said:

Another poster named him….

I know. 

I just wanted to give you an idea of how highly rated the (now 21 year old) Champions League winner is, because...

On 12/29/2021 at 3:45 PM, RED_JOHN said:

None of the Canadian players spring to mind. 

23 hours ago, RED_JOHN said:

Do Pakistan have any known players? 

You think Canada is a football backwater?

So far they've gone 14 games undefeated in World Cup qualifying.

The last game (on November 16th) was a 2-1 win over Mexico.

10 hours ago, Scotty_Toronto said:

I honestly don’t know how Canada is getting on at football and who there players are….was interested in getting a bit information.

They are obviously doing well and beating Mexico is a decent result.

The big question is though….does anyone know any Pakistani players? It’s a market we could exploit.

20 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Glass hinting in the Daily Record that Jenks and Samuels might be returning in January to their parent clubs....

They will be hard to replace. Hard to find that level of over-rated dross. I have a feeling Jenks might stay as Glass sometimes brings him on and occassionally starts him. I think Samuels will be away though - thanks for the memories Samuel, "THAT cross" will live long in the memory.

3 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

They will be hard to replace. Hard to find that level of over-rated dross. I have a feeling Jenks might stay as Glass sometimes brings him on and occassionally starts him. I think Samuels will be away though - thanks for the memories Samuel, "THAT cross" will live long in the memory.

At least we're trying to address mistakes made, that's a plus. 

I'm actually hopeful that they've got a better idea of the level required now and that our signings will be better this window. 

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, RED_JOHN said:

I honestly don’t know how Canada is getting on at football and who there players are….was interested in getting a bit information.

They are obviously doing well and beating Mexico is a decent result.

The big question is though….does anyone know any Pakistani players? It’s a market we could exploit.

This really isnt that complicated. If this organization was serious about competing they'd run out and sign calvo to anchor the defense tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I'm actually hopeful that they've got a better idea of the level required now and that our signings will be better this window. 

True. Most of these loans are a total waste of time, but I suppose it is generally hit and miss because you're dealing with young players who have never played before - even those who have (like Longstaff) are prone to being crap. It'll be a very interesting window.

21 hours ago, Durrant Dived said:

It wasn't an obligation to buy from villa which was the problem. If it was he would have gone. Those cunts would have seen how he actually played in the first 6 months of the loan and offered half in the summer...

I think the official reason was it was so late in the window.. no quality replacement could be sourced.

3 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Are we though? Only one we know of is gone back south if Longstaff & that was At Newcastle’s insistence 

14 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Are we though? Only one we know of is gone back south if Longstaff & that was At Newcastle’s insistence 

Glass was in the paper yesterday saying we were reviewing the Jenks and Samuels loans with the players and their clubs. You'd expect Samuels to be off, they've nae chance of getting the compensation fee from us now.

4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Glass was in the paper yesterday saying we were reviewing the Jenks and Samuels loans with the players and their clubs. You'd expect Samuels to be off, they've nae chance of getting the compensation fee from us now.

Would like to know who it was that suggested those three loans (Jenks, Samuels & Longstaff) & hope he has no fkn say in future loans as his judgment has been atrocious. Will potentially have raised a few red flags with other clubs considering Aberdeen. 

no more Maddison’s for us in near future 

17 hours ago, Scotty_Toronto said:

I know. 

I just wanted to give you an idea of how highly rated the (now 21 year old) Champions League winner is, because...

I believe canada is ranked 40th.. so we are 2 spots behind scotland.  

1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Would like to know who it was that suggested those three loans (Jenks, Samuels & Longstaff) & hope he has no fkn say in future loans as his judgment has been atrocious. Will potentially have raised a few red flags with other clubs considering Aberdeen. 

no more Maddison’s for us in near future 

People saying Mowbray wasn’t part of those deals, cos he wasn’t in the door then, need to look at his start date at AFC.

And even if it was only a matter of weeks beforehand, he should have already had a dossier of potential players that Aberdeen might want, in every position 

13 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

People saying Mowbray wasn’t part of those deals, cos he wasn’t in the door then, need to look at his start date at AFC.

And even if it was only a matter of weeks beforehand, he should have already had a dossier of potential players that Aberdeen might want, in every position 

If Mowbary was that good at identifying talent he wouldn't be at Aberdeen would he?