AFChat Awards 2021

Henry

On 12/1/2021 at 9:52 AM, Henry said:

Yes, it's that time of year again. Once you've opened up your advent calendar on the first of December, thoughts inevitably return to the great festive tradition that is the Hat Awards.

I'll tally up the votes and announce the winners sometime on Weds 15th December.

This year's categories are:

Best Poster:Bad Mobby. Contributes good stuff across all pub threads and doesn't take it all too seriously. I almost went for Consi - I don't necessarily agree with a lot of his viewpoints but he puts himself out there and generates content.  

Funniest Poster: Possibly the same as last year's vote, I think it has to be Henry. He's always sharp with a withering response to a lot of the stuff posted here.

Lifetime Achievement Award: Poodler. He just keeps on doing what he is doing. No fucks given.

Best Thread: The threads always go off on a tangent so it's hard, but I'll go for the drinking thread as it seems to stick mostly to topic.

Best Rivalry: SH and Rocket.

Must Do Better Award: Edit to add - Myself (if Fridge can vote for himself then so can I. I'm too much of a fence sitter)

Moment of the Year: Bad Mobby deciding it was time to take on Rocket.

Most Negative Poster Award: No winner - a few candidates on the football forum that can't be separated.

Best Newcomer: Are there any newcomers in the last year?

As usual, the user suggested awards are normally the best part of this thread, but these won't be counted as I can't be fucked.

Best of luck to all for the 2021 awards. 

Couple of issues to note:

You don't have to vote in every category

Confirmed previous winners of the Lifetime Achievement are as follows - 

Roberto

Stoney

Dynamo

Boofon

Harcus

Kelt

MT

Bluto

Sooper-Hanz

Best Poster: Matt Armstrong's Dog

Funniest Poster: Cheesepipes by a mile.

Lifetime Achievement Award: Mobby

Best Thread: Coronavirus

Best Rivalry: Rocket v Mutants

Must Do Better Award: Bluto. Absolutely brutal chat at times. We get it you drink beer, don't like golf and don't get colds.

Moment of the Year: Bluts boasting about his 8 bottles of beer

Most Negative Poster Award: Parkys changed, takes himself awful seriously nowadays.

Best Newcomer: Matt Armstrong's Dog(not sure if he qualifies tbh)

Biggest Dingbat: Cavey

hey moobs talk about kickin a man when he’s down 

bad enough gettin voted MDB by the likes of dazzy and henry. but you aswell? that’s enough to send a man over the edge

ps - you should up your game too while we’re at it. you’re a negative repetitive racist cunt.

• Upvote 3
Just now, Bluto10 said:

bad enough gettin voted MDB by the likes of dazzy and henry. but you aswell? that’s enough to send a man over the edge

ps - you should up your game too while we’re at it. you’re a negative repetitive racist cunt.

I thought cavey would be the bite tbh

Take it as constructive criticism

8 minutes ago, Bluto10 said:

??

Yes, it's that time of year again. Once you've opened up your advent calendar on the first of December, thoughts inevitably return to the great festive tradition that is the Hat Awards.

I'll tally up the votes and announce the winners sometime on Weds 15th December.

This year's categories are:

Best Poster: Bluto

Funniest Poster: Pipes

Lifetime Achievement Award: Mobz

Best Thread: the PP thread

Best Rivalry: fuck the huns

Must Do Better Award: Durrant Dived

Moment of the Year: Walter Smith's death

Most Negative Poster Award: Consi

Best Newcomer: Eh Boof

As usual, the user suggested awards are normally the best part of this thread, but these won't be counted as I can't be fucked.

Best of luck to all for the 2021 awards. 

Couple of issues to note:

You don't have to vote in every category

Confirmed previous winners of the Lifetime Achievement are as follows - 

Roberto

Stoney

Dynamo

Boofon

Harcus

Kelt

MT

Bluto

Sooper-Hanz