Aberdeen v Dundee

4 hours ago, Ke1t said:

Think Longstaff has already been punted. 

Kennedy needs to be on the first List O Deadwood that goes, though. 

Devlin, Hayes, McGinn, Ojo, and McLennan all sucking up wages that could be used on effective replacements. 

If Kennedy is out with apparently a back injury, why’s he apparently been seen playing pool with Shay Logan?

On another note, red tv is a load of shite and the club need to sort it out pronto. 

Totally unstable at the best of times but today took the biscuit. 

Multiple error messages stopping the video resulting in missing the first 15 minutes of the match, bumping you out of being signed in for no reason a few times and telling you you are logged on to more than one device when you definitely aren't. Completely fucking useless. 

43 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

At least we are picking up points now despite the consistently poor performances. 

4 wins out of 5 is a decent recent return to be fair, even though it was against pretty mediocre opposition. 

Shaping up to be an interesting window though.  How big a window will depend on the number of our better players that get sold. 

Yeah. But our results are worse than what mcinnes was achieving and the football is pretty shite? I'm really unsure glass knows how to fix things. We are winning some scrappy games but that's through the talent of Hedges and Ferguson. 

If the club policy is to sell either in January to fund new players we are likely in for a shite end to the season. 

36 minutes ago, RUL said:

Yeah. But our results are worse than what mcinnes was achieving and the football is pretty shite? I'm really unsure glass knows how to fix things. We are winning some scrappy games but that's through the talent of Hedges and Ferguson. 

If the club policy is to sell either in January to fund new players we are likely in for a shite end to the season. 

Aye I ken min.  Was just trying to find some positives. 

3 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

At least we are picking up points now despite the consistently poor performances. 

4 wins out of 5 is a decent recent return to be fair, even though it was against pretty mediocre opposition. 

Shaping up to be an interesting window though.  How big a window will depend on the number of our better players that get sold. 

It was against shite opposition. If it had been mediocre, we wouldn't have picked up as many points. 

It's the holidays, so stayed up until 2 to watch. Went to bed at half time. No more of that.

Need 2 new central defenders. Given the advantages we had over the opposition, that was embarrassing. Glass is out of his depth, simple as that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
3 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

On another note, red tv is a load of shite and the club need to sort it out pronto. 

Totally unstable at the best of times but today took the biscuit. 

Multiple error messages stopping the video resulting in missing the first 15 minutes of the match, bumping you out of being signed in for no reason a few times and telling you you are logged on to more than one device when you definitely aren't. Completely fucking useless. 

Mine packed in just before kick off having been on for 10 minutes of build up.

Logged me out, couldn't get back in.

Weirdly, despite most reporting multiple problems continuing through the 1st half, the IPTV stream I joined 1 minute into the game was flawless and not interrupted at any time.

It was the actual RedTV stream as well, with logo, and same commentary.

How did they manage to get the perfect feed when those at RedTV, the source of the coverage,  were toiling to provide anything?
Bananas.

Pretty poor game. I am not sure Glass knows what he wants from the team. He can get a couple good performances then changes the team and then play horrible. Least McInnes was consistent.

Like today when he brought on McLennan, JET would have been a far better choice as we had lost the forward midfield. Then McGinn also. Just made no tactical sense. 

Still think he should get this next window.

7 hours ago, alscotoz said:

It was against shite opposition. If it had been mediocre, we wouldn't have picked up as many points. 

It's the holidays, so stayed up until 2 to watch. Went to bed at half time. No more of that.

Need 2 new central defenders. Given the advantages we had over the opposition, that was embarrassing. Glass is out of his depth, simple as that.

Why do we need 2 new central defenders? Bates has been pretty solid. Mccrorie is decent there. The priority has to be more creativity and better forwards.

7 hours ago, alscotoz said:

Yeah, last 5 games we've played 1 decent team and lost, and the 4 worst teams in the league and scraped unconvincing wins playing some awful football in the process.

The two players who have done the most to help us scrape these wins are arguably Hedges and Ferguson, both of whom may be gone in January. The worry is, if you take away their goals and assists we really would be screwed. 

22 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Yeah, last 5 games we've played 1 decent team and lost, and the 4 worst teams in the league and scraped unconvincing wins playing some awful football in the process.

The two players who have done the most to help us scrape these wins are arguably Hedges and Ferguson, both of whom may be gone in January. The worry is, if you take away their goals and assists we really would be screwed. 

Agree mostly but we didn't deserve to lose to hibs and St mirren game was excellent. 

25 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Completely agree, but you also have to factor in 1/. At least one of those players might actually want to be away and 2/.  Both players could command respectable fees.

Doesnt change your point that we’re utterly reliant on both at present.

7 hours ago, muttonhumper said:

Mine packed in just before kick off having been on for 10 minutes of build up.

Logged me out, couldn't get back in.

Weirdly, despite most reporting multiple problems continuing through the 1st half, the IPTV stream I joined 1 minute into the game was flawless and not interrupted at any time.

It was the actual RedTV stream as well, with logo, and same commentary.

How did they manage to get the perfect feed when those at RedTV, the source of the coverage,  were toiling to provide anything?
Bananas.

Not sure how these streams work but I logged into the ppv before the program started and didn’t have any problems with the stream all game.
Maybe that’s the one you got into on iptv 

16 minutes ago, thurso said:

Not sure how these streams work but I logged into the ppv before the program started and didn’t have any problems with the stream all game.
Maybe that’s the one you got into on iptv 

It was the virtual season ticket one that I was using but it looks like the same streams as the PPV once you're logged in? 

9 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

It was the virtual season ticket one that I was using but it looks like the same streams as the PPV once you're logged in? 

Aye it’s Red tv you are accessing on virtual ST. I had no issues at all logging in with virtual ST. Maybe access ID is different.I seem to remember they changed the way to access.

11 hours ago, RUL said:

The football at times has been better than anything McInnes served up in his last 18 months here.  Also I think some are forgetting just how awful some of his results were last season with his SETTLED team.

19 minutes ago, minijc said:

The football at times has been better than anything McInnes served up in his last 18 months here.  Also I think some are forgetting just how awful some of his results were last season with his SETTLED team.

Wasn't really any more settled than this year though.  

New players came in during the summer window and we also changed formation. No different to this summer.   Or most summers for that matter.  That's football. 

Folk also forget that everything was set up for Glass to do well this season. He got the job in late March to give him 10 games or so to settle in and bed his ideas in. 

He was also backed heavily in the summer after having those 10 games to decide what he needed.  He's been handed a job where he has advantages over most other teams in the league. 

4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Wasn't really any more settled than this year though.  

New players came in during the summer window and we also changed formation. No different to this summer.   Or most summers for that matter.  That's football. 

Not exclusive to players though is it?  We have a new manager with different ideas, some players incapable of playing his way, others that simply do not want to give their all for the club.  Last season and every other season under McInnes everyone knew how we would set up, with that players have a familiarity and they know they can have an easy life, especially in trainer. 

One thing I'll say that we've been guilty of is being naïve, we've tried to make too many massive changes at the same time and it isn't paying off right now however these things take time, fortunately for us the way the league is this year a couple of a good wins back to back get you in a great position.  If McInnes was still here, I highly doubt we'd be in a much better position as things had gotten so stale we'd have been lucky to finish in the top 6 had we not binned him when we did, right now we are 4pts off of 4th, 9pts off of 3rd spot, I'll take that especially when you take in to consideration the injuries we've had to key players and some ropey decisions going against us, at the very least we should have beat Rangers and drawn with Dundee United (Ojo game) and Hibs the other night, folk need to chill oot.

4 minutes ago, minijc said:

Not exclusive to players though is it?  We have a new manager with different ideas, some players incapable of playing his way, others that simply do not want to give their all for the club.  Last season and every other season under McInnes everyone knew how we would set up, with that players have a familiarity and they know they can have an easy life, especially in trainer. 

This is pish I'm afraid. 

He's not doing anything 'different'. He's playing 4231 with attacking full backs. It's nae a formation from Mars, loads of clubs play it including our previous manager before he changed to a back 3 late in his reign. 

And every single club on the planet has a mix of players who either want or don't want to be at the club/believe in their manager. 

5 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

This is pish I'm afraid. 

He's not doing anything 'different'. He's playing 4231 with attacking full backs. It's nae a formation from Mars, loads of clubs play it including our previous manager before he changed to a back 3 late in his reign. 

And every single club on the planet has a mix of players who either want or don't want to be at the club/believe in their manager. 

Ah yes trying to do things differently only equates to the pitch does it?