Connor Barron

On 4/1/2024 at 2:10 AM, milne_afc said:

There’s obscure criteria set out by opta that I was looking up last year when big Gus scored against St Johnstone, for betting purposes only. Canna mind the exact wording and it differs between FGS and anytime scorers, but because the ball is always moving towards the goal after Miovski strikes it, the goal is his. Which is amazing when you look at the position of the defender on the goal line. 

An own goal is awarded only if the defender makes an intervention which results in the goal being scored, and it was not previously on target.“

given it was clearly on target and to my eye on the line when the defender hit it it’s not an own goal 

• Upvote 1
13 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

End product 🙄  Miovski has been the 100% focus of your ‘end product’ for Robsons whole tenure this season.

He was utilised completely differently last season to this season. Robson done the damage to Duk this season inexplicably after the way he very much helped him get the managers gig full time towards end of last season to then basically shaft him this season & put 100% focus on Miovski.

Duk’s ‘effort’ has not changed but he’s clearly been ‘frustrated’ with how Robson changed tactics 

as I say. He’s already equalled his goal assist stats of last season with a fraction of minutes on park & has same overall ‘goal participation’ stats as Miovski by comparison of mins played 🤷

Folk moaning at Duk (basically because he hasn’t scored as much goals as last) is as ridiculous as if folk were to moan at Miovski’s ‘goal assist’ stats.

Duk has performed remarkably well given his time on pitch & role he’s been asked to do & his ‘effort’ hasn’t changed imo

I am not 1 of those really criticising Duk this season, although he has at times not had the same enthusiasm as last season. If you dont agree that’s fine but that’s what I have seen, sometimes. 
It’s naturally harder in the season after a really good season as opponents are more aware of his danger and have a strategy to stop him so it can be more frustrating. 
Why it took Leven so long to put him on during Saturdays game(and Polvara to be fair) is my only real criticism about the game/manager. 

8 hours ago, Derek Hamilton said:

Needs to stop pointing everytime he pretends play a pass . Playing 3 dwarfs in midfield all season has been our biggest problem . Barron and Clarkson should never play together . Hopefully in summer we get some dig and height in there .,Barron will be forgotten about pretty quickly . 

Rubbish give me 3 dwarfs who can play football over cloggers at 6’2 who can’t play football but can put a tackle in any day of the week. 

9 hours ago, thurso said:

Rubbish give me 3 dwarfs who can play football over cloggers at 6’2 who can’t play football but can put a tackle in any day of the week. 

Absolutely. Cunts batterin on aboot dig, height and oomph in midfield need chased.

I'll just stick with Xavi, Iniesta and Messi thanks. And Connor Barron's bigger than all three of those dwarves.

10 hours ago, thurso said:

What if the dwarfs are Shinnie, Barron and Clarkson and can’t actually play football either and that’s why we are 9th in the league?

24 minutes ago, Just Dandy said:

Absolutely. Cunts batterin on aboot dig, height and oomph in midfield need chased.

I'll just stick with Xavi, Iniesta and Messi thanks. And Connor Barron's bigger than all three of those dwarves.

😂

aye they need chased. 

Glad you are sticking with those players. Sounds like you know your stuff. But whos your examples of current players, preferably within our price range as opposed to Barcelona players? 

55 minutes ago, Just Dandy said:

In fairness Puyol and the big one that copped off with the super model didn’t tend to spend the game punting it 60 feet above said midfields heads.

• Upvote 1
39 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

What if the dwarfs are Shinnie, Barron and Clarkson and can’t actually play football either and that’s why we are 9th in the league?

They can if the tactics they are told to play suits them and are actually good tactics. 

37 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Lol thurso giving more views on midfielders 

We’ve had this discussion before numb nuts and you always come of second best. 

10 hours ago, thurso said:

They can if the tactics they are told to play suits them and are actually good tactics

We’ve had this discussion before numb nuts and you always come of second best. 

Very little to support this.

they are an absolutely terrible midfield trio. Plenty evidence to support that. At least one of them needs binned and bringing in a bit of physicality makes sense 

10 hours ago, Dandyesque said:

We've had it as well.

I don't think you even managed close to second best.

I don’t think so 

4 hours ago, Derek Hamilton said:

Take a deep breath and stop being silly 

So you would rather 3 big hammer throwers in the team than 3 that can play football !!!!

1 minute ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Very little to support this.

they are an absolutely terrible midfield trio. Plenty evidence to support that. At least one of them needs binned and bringing in a bit of physicality makes sense 

Get the ball down and play football and they would be fine together. 

Play the ball in the air over their heads and they are not. 

1 minute ago, thurso said:

I don’t think so 

So you would rather 3 big hammer throwers in the team than 3 that can play football !!!!

The basics are simple on this one. We want 3 midfielders that can beat teams like Dundee and st mirren. That isn’t the apparent total football trio you are referring to. 

also what about a short arse who is more hammer thrower than footballer…. Cause let’s face it that’s Shinnie. 

Is it not the case that some wee players are excellent and some big players are excellent, for differing reasons, teams are all about balance and what individuals can bring to a team. Why does it have to be all small or all big players?.

balance.

11 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Is it not the case that some wee players are excellent and some big players are excellent, for differing reasons, teams are all about balance and what individuals can bring to a team. Why does it have to be all small or all big players?.

balance.

A team of smaller players are unlikely to do well in Scotland. Let’s face it. Unless they are excellent. Which let’s be honest, our mob aren’t. It’s a physical league. 

doesn’t mean you can’t play decent football but a short midfield of fairly modest ability has us in 9th place. 

26 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

balance.

100% this - Even the great Barca side with Xavi, Iniesta and Messi had the likes of Busquets, Pique and Puyol in terms of size. Coupled with the fact that despite being short, the first 3 could all use their strength and balance to play against larger players, and the last 3 were all technically adept to allow them to play around shorter, quicker players...

Baffles me when folk can't see these types of things and think we've to have all 10 outfield players 6ft plus musclebound cloggers, or little passing triangle gnomes with nothing in-between.

14 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

A team of smaller players are unlikely to do well in Scotland. Let’s face it. Unless they are excellent. Which let’s be honest, our mob aren’t. It’s a physical league. 

doesn’t mean you can’t play decent football but a short midfield of fairly modest ability has us in 9th place. 

That’s fine but that’s fuck all to do with a players height, mcgregor can’t be that big but controls celtics midfield, Gilmour if he didn’t move to Chelsea would have ripped up this league, Ryan Fraser for all his appearances for us was getting booted left right and centre due to him being better than most in the league, it’s talent and heart which makes a player succeed, attributes both big and wee players can possess

Just now, Dons79 said:

That’s fine but that’s fuck all to do with a players height, mcgregor can’t be that big but controls celtics midfield, Gilmour if he didn’t move to Chelsea would have ripped up this league, Ryan Fraser for all his appearances for us was getting booted left right and centre due to him being better than most in the league, it’s talent and heart which makes a player succeed, attributes both big and wee players can possess

Yeah so basically “unless they are excellent” as I wrote in my post. Shinnie, Barron and Clarkson are unlikely to get moves to the EPL or be Celtics first pick. 

I get what you are saying but I think it would be beneficial to a team on our budget to have some physicality and size in there. 

either way it’s hardly up to us. It’ll be up to Neil Lennon. He once had a lovely short midfield of McGinn, Allan and mcgeough come to think of it 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Aye to think a wee player can't handle a big player is silly - bar being taller, plenty of wee players have been able to outmuscle or use balance to take on larger players. Unreal 2 of the greatest players of all-time were 5'5 and 5'7 yet it seems a pre-requisite in Scotland you have to be 6ft or you don't have a chance.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

The basics are simple on this one. We want 3 midfielders that can beat teams like Dundee and st mirren. That isn’t the apparent total football trio you are referring to. 

also what about a short arse who is more hammer thrower than footballer…. Cause let’s face it that’s Shinnie. 

If we already have one hammer thrower in the team with shinnie we certainly don’t need another one. 

24 minutes ago, thurso said:

If we already have one hammer thrower in the team with shinnie we certainly don’t need another one. 

Well I’m glad you won’t be in charge next season if you are happy with the current midfield. Absolutely grim watching Aberdeen.  Under 3 separate managers and a variety of tactics. The players look every bit a bottom 6 team 

Some serious slavering of pish going on here. The midfield 3 can be any of our midfielders, but when the wide men are Hoilett(nae legs left) and McGrath(who wants to come inside all the time) then it’s going to be difficult. 
A better balance throughout the team is required before this team can play better football. 
For me though, Barron is ok on the ball and weak off it and was a weak link against Ross County. 

If Xavi had been born in Scotland he'd have struggled to get past youth level due to his inability to "get it in the mixer" or "doon the line" mixed with him nae just aimlessly punting the ball forward but rather keeping possession moving the ball side to side which would have fans booing and angrily demanding the hoof forward

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, DoonTheLine said:

If Xavi had been born in Scotland he'd have struggled to get past youth level due to his inability to "get it in the mixer" or "doon the line" mixed with him nae just aimlessly punting the ball forward but rather keeping possession moving the ball side to side which would have fans booing and angrily demanding the hoof forward

I don't think anyone is against small players though. 

I think the point is that you need a balance or they at least need to all be very good small players.