Connor Barron

1 hour ago, super_al said:

Are we entitled to any development fee if he moves to Italy?

Yes. Exactly same as if he moves to Swansea as all under FIFA rules on cross border transfers

Good on him if he gets a move to Serie A. He has shown glimpses of being a good player and I guess he'll get more time and space on the ball so he won't keep on giving it away stupidly while pressed if he goes there? 

That'd be quite something if 3 seasons on the trot we lost a CM to Serie A.

5 hours ago, a don in oz said:

Good on him if he gets a move to Serie A. He has shown glimpses of being a good player and I guess he'll get more time and space on the ball so he won't keep on giving it away stupidly while pressed if he goes there? 

All 3 on the cheap as well....

6 hours ago, a don in oz said:

What's it saying about the level of serie A now?

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, alscotoz said:

What's it saying about the level of serie A now?

Fuck knows but somebody posted a graphic the other day that had Ramadani ranked number 1 and Ferguson number 2 in Serie A. Assuming it was best midfielders to ever play in the league but cannae read Italian.

8 minutes ago, Russell said:

Fuck knows but somebody posted a graphic the other day that had Ramadani ranked number 1 and Ferguson number 2 in Serie A. Assuming it was best midfielders to ever play in the league but cannae read Italian.

I didn’t understand the Italian myself so got it translated and surprisingly it was the old school rhyme

first the worst, second the best, thirds the one with the hairy chest, fourths a ghost eating toast half way up the lamp post. 

or something to that effect 

4 hours ago, don corleone said:

DROOPY! He reminds me of Droopy. It been bothering me for nearly 2 years now, and bang, just like that, it hit me, the wee fucker looks just like Droopy.

Welcome to 2 years + ago when many others said same 🤣

13 hours ago, Johnnyred1 said:

I think he has the attributes to do well in Italy. Just needs to add more goals.

Yep I agree. He'll be given more time on the ball and think he'll do well in that situation. If he goes there, good luck to him. 

5 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Aye cheers for signing the new contract and getting us a nice wedge.

Droopy eyed little cunt.

Did you want him staying? If not, he's going, be happy. If you wanted him to stay then good for you but no one was rushing to buy him under contract so we wouldn't have got any wedge. Take your pick.

56 minutes ago, a don in oz said:

Did you want him staying? If not, he's going, be happy. If you wanted him to stay then good for you but no one was rushing to buy him under contract so we wouldn't have got any wedge. Take your pick.

Suppose you're right. He could have been an important player for us is probably my frustration with the situation. Am I actually gutted he's going? No because his performances haven't been consistent.

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Suppose you're right. He could have been an important player for us is probably my frustration with the situation. Am I actually gutted he's going? No because his performances haven't been consistent.

He hasnt been that consistent but then who has been under the last lot of "managers"?

Good player, on his day, maybe with a proper manager he could develop into the real deal, just as shame hes not sticking around for next season to prove it instead jumping ship to develop elsewhere.

46 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Pretty much exactly my feeling about him. 👍

• Upvote 1

Would have probably suited Thelins high press set up and could maybe have been the long term Shinnie replacement if he'd stuck around, but if he doesn't want to be here then we move on and spin it as another success story of a player moving on to bigger things when talking to any potential new signings.