Dante Polvara

50 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

It actually proves my point as the American poster was saying it was that type of player we should be signing, so he was full of shit as expected?, seemed to be some sort of love in for him, even though the only players signed from this partnership from Atlanta was Gallagher and gurr, how did they get on at our club?.

So you don’t agree we “should” be signing good players? That’s all he said. I see you still don’t get it and don’t realise he was just a bloke and not employed by Atlanta 

• 3 weeks later...

4 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Will be interesting to see if the transfer policy changes and we get less American linked guys and more guys with Irish connections. 

Goodwin (or St Mirren) seemed to have good connections in Ireland. 

Hopefully better than forrester who was one of our worst signings 

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Said the same a few days ago.

I’d be surprised if he’s not in the thoughts of Jim Goodwin, especially with the number of midfielders likely to leave in the summer. 

500k. That's Wolves price for him apparently. With McGeouch out of contract, probability of Ferguson leaving, Brown probably leaving aswell (regardless of whether he gets St Mirren job or not i think he'll be gone in the summer at the latest) and now that Glass has gone the possibility of Ojo getting an extension also diminishes i think we'd be mental not to get him. On the verge of a ROI call up and been their best performing midfielder we should be all over getting him in the door.

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

500k. That's Wolves price for him apparently. With McGeouch out of contract, probability of Ferguson leaving, Brown probably leaving aswell (regardless of whether he gets St Mirren job or not i think he'll be gone in the summer at the latest) and now that Glass has gone the possibility of Ojo getting an extension also diminishes i think we'd be mental not to get him. On the verge of a ROI call up and been their best performing midfielder we should be all over getting him in the door.

We’d only entertain that IF Ferguson was sold I’d think. 

8 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

We’d only entertain that IF Ferguson was sold I’d think. 

I suspect Ferguson will go in the summer. But Cormack also needs to show how serious he is. He's fucked us royally this season with his Glass appointment and obviously never backed Glass with the idea in the backnof his mind he was binning him. So hopefully that means he'll give Goodwin the funds he wants and in all honesty it's the funds he needs. You could go through the team right now and there's probably an argument that every position needs strengthened. 

17 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

I suspect Ferguson will go in the summer. But Cormack also needs to show how serious he is. He's fucked us royally this season with his Glass appointment and obviously never backed Glass with the idea in the backnof his mind he was binning him. So hopefully that means he'll give Goodwin the funds he wants and in all honesty it's the funds he needs. You could go through the team right now and there's probably an argument that every position needs strengthened. 

If Ferguson & Ramsay are sold it could be £5m or thereabouts - Jim Goodwin would hopefully get a decent chunk of it 

39 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

If Ferguson & Ramsay are sold it could be £5m or thereabouts - Jim Goodwin would hopefully get a decent chunk of it 

I'm not so sure Ramsay will go in the summer. His performances certainly the past few months have been well off it. Unless he picks up rapidly i can't see a team going near the figures we've so far rejected. 

2 hours ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Is he actually any good though, or is that just the assumption based on being a loanee for Wolves? £500k seems a bit of a random figure just made up to cover his development fees over years. 

16 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Considine would be my guess. 

Token ten min spell in a meaningless post split game towards end of season

Being more accurate with that statement it really should read as follows "Token ten min spell in a meaningless post split game in the bottom six towards the end of the season as long as we have secured our SPFL spot for next season and not facing automatic relegation or relegation play off"

• Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, super_al said:

What were folks thoughts on him?

He seemed surprised, shocked even, when a Hun controlled the ball with his hand and the ref didn't call it. 

Someone on the coaching staff will likely take him aside and explain how it works in Scotland. 

Not sure he even touched the ball, but there will undoubtedly be some posters already on his back.