Dante Polvara

3 minutes ago, Ramandu said:

Call that a digression? Pfft. The best thing about this place is when a thread disappears down a rabbit hole about something random.

Correct.

Er, excellent game on the ZX Spectrum incidentally.

Great games platform, so much more advanced in playability compared to the playstation and xbox pish of today.

1 hour ago, muttonhumper said:

Correct.

Er, excellent game on the ZX Spectrum incidentally.

Great games platform, so much more advanced in playability compared to the playstation and xbox pish of today.

Never played on one. Just about remember the amiga 500 and the commodore 64 though. I'd happily spend a day on an emulator now mucking about with some of the games from those. 

3 hours ago, muttonhumper said:

Had Amiga after Spectrum.

Sensible soccer on that was fantastic. :thumbup1:

Sensible Soccer was THE game back then! Also early versions of football manager games on the Commodore 64 that took about an hour to load on the cassette and was basically just picking a team and watching the scores like Teletext. Amiga 1200 was next for me and that's when Champ Manager arrived - 1992 was maybe the first one - green box with the old boy in the duffel coat pointing his finger. Many hours, days, weeks, months of life wasted away on that game...

Zx spectrum was great still got it boxed at home.
All I needs a tape player to spend an hour setting it up and loading a game only for it to crash and start again at 95% loaded 

Dizzy was one of my all time favourite games followed by a cowboy game I can’t remember the name off 

56 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Sensible Soccer was THE game back then! Also early versions of football manager games on the Commodore 64 that took about an hour to load on the cassette and was basically just picking a team and watching the scores like Teletext. Amiga 1200 was next for me and that's when Champ Manager arrived - 1992 was maybe the first one - green box with the old boy in the duffel coat pointing his finger. Many hours, days, weeks, months of life wasted away on that game...

Same, their was an Italian version just before champ manager, great game and if you picked 1 defender sweeping 4 midfield and five attackers and played long ball you couldn’t lose.sensible soccer is the best football game invented.

ps I had a bbc sharp computer in 82 and my first console was the Acorn electron ?? fucking ancient

14 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

One of my biggest hun hates of all time.

Definitely in the “most hated hun X1” of all time.

Just a horrible, bigoted, orange bastard. 

Brilliant comedic performance outside Ibrox when the huns croaked though.

"Yous buy the pies"

7 minutes ago, 4n4LprObE666 said:

He will be signed, be shite / not played, loaned to Atlanta for a while and if really shite end up at some other place like Chattanooga Red Wolves or Maryland Bobcats

Would need NYCFC to allow him to go to Atlanta if that's the case, probably won't happen.

• Haha 3