Vicente Besuijen

20 minutes ago, Zander1903 said:

fights home are quick & easy so cant see homesickness being a reasonable excuse

probably more the shite way the club is being run right now

Yes the flight  to Amsterdam is only an hour or so but if you are living away from your friends and relatives....and you can't just jump on a flight to go and see them due to training or match commitments whenever you like....homesickness to me is very much a reasonable excuse.

Whether or not his absence from the starting line up is down to not being a Goodwin signing is, however, up for debate. 

5 hours ago, Helmet said:

Harsh assessment of Vinnie imo, seems to have no less "heart" thank most of our other players and I put that down to lack of belief in what they are doing at the moment.

Which is a coaching issue.

As for can't afford to pay Jim off, there's no evidence we can't afford it, but maybe it's more accurate to say we don't want to piss the money down the drain just yet?

I can't see any turnaround happening so I expect Goodwin to be off in a few more weeks, but from what you're saying he'll see out his full contract no matter what happens because we can't afford to pay him off? No chance.

Maybe harsh but for half a million pound he’s delivered very little. Not even in the squad today could that be him away? 

looking through this thread it seems we are split on him some think he’s ok others think he’s not so good. 

my remark about not being able to afford to pay of goodwin was a little joke . 

obviously we could afford to pay him aff but it would be pissing away money as you rightly say. 

5 minutes ago, REDRODDIE said:

Maybe harsh but for half a million pound he’s delivered very little. Not even in the squad today could that be him away? 

looking through this thread it seems we are split on him some think he’s ok others think he’s not so good. 

my remark about not being able to afford to pay of goodwin was a little joke . 

obviously we could afford to pay him aff but it would be pissing away money as you rightly say. 

The unknown here is that he has played pretty much his entire AFC career under Jim Goodwin 

Always thought there was more to come from Vinny, it actually looks a bit like he had some of his creativity coached out of him. Mind the early days of Goodwin, Jim said he could build a squad around him... seemed to drop out when we went to a back 5 and Duk came along.

Met the kid a few times, just wants to play football so if he goes today, it'll be because he doesn't see himself getting a game here.

Maybe he's jumped the gun by pushing for a move before Goodwin was punted. Will see where we're at at the close of play today I suppose!

6 minutes ago, RedRevolution said:

id play Vinnie before quite a few others. Rarely gives the ball away. Great first touch. Can beat a man. Has scored a few despite patchwork appearances under Goodwin. He has real quality and it would be a huge mistake to let him go. He has more get up and go than Bojan.

Hopefully with Goodwin gone the Kennedy love can stop and get Vinnie in from the start and see what he can really do

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, RedRevolution said:

id play Vinnie before quite a few others. Rarely gives the ball away. Great first touch. Can beat a man. Has scored a few despite patchwork appearances under Goodwin. He has real quality and it would be a huge mistake to let him go. He has more get up and go than Bojan.

He'd frustrate fans because latterly he'd come on in the 79th minute and want to make an impression... so would end up shooting or trying to skin someone instead of passing.

Genuinely believe that if he got 3-4 starts, we'd see the player that first arrived here.

4 minutes ago, McPhee123 said:

He'd frustrate fans because latterly he'd come on in the 79th minute and want to make an impression... so would end up shooting or trying to skin someone instead of passing.

Genuinely believe that if he got 3-4 starts, we'd see the player that first arrived here.

His end product is often lacking, but I would say at least some of that has been down to him being a greedy bastard while trying to make an impression in the limited gametime he’s had in recent months.

If he’d had the run of games that Kennedy has had I’ve no doubt we’d have seen more out of him.

Hope he stays and gets a fresh start with Robson and whoever comes in permanently.

Besoujin has ability... with decent coaching and a run of games in a team where he knows what his role is he would be a quality player at SPL level. Hoping he sticks around and gets another chance - much better than the likes of Watkins, Kennedy, Morris, Roberts etc and I reckon playing in behind Duk and Miovski he'd thrive.

• Upvote 1

A likeable wee fellow but truth be told he’s below standard. Strength of a worm and much like the rest of the squad - a heart like a mouse. If he was immensely talented you could put up with the above 2 but he has only really looked good against part time teams in the league cup groups in the sun. 

don’t think there’s many players I’d be upset about leaving