Adam Montgomery

3 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

It just gives the club loaning them out the advantage. The player plays against everyone apart from them. I didn’t think it was a Scottish rule though, I’m pretty sure most clubs who loan players out just include this. 

Blame Morientes. Didn’t he knock Real Madrid out the champs league while on loan from them to Monaco? 

You need to do your research rather than just guessing......

The answer is easily found

7 hours ago, super_al said:

I thought it was interesting that he did not come on tonight. Both Hayes and Mackenzie picked ahead if him. More fuel to the fire that this was a pointless signing.

more to do with the fact he hadn't trained with the team and i suspect he was also reassuring Mckenzie that he is still part of the plans. Would happily take Montgomery playing ahead of Ojo on the left wing though.  

7 hours ago, super_al said:

I thought it was interesting that he did not come on tonight. Both Hayes and Mackenzie picked ahead if him. More fuel to the fire that this was a pointless signing.

At best he would have had one light training session with the team but might not even have had that. Lets see if he plays a part at the weekend before jumping to any conclusions

10 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

It just gives the club loaning them out the advantage. The player plays against everyone apart from them. I didn’t think it was a Scottish rule though, I’m pretty sure most clubs who loan players out just include this. 

Blame Morientes. Didn’t he knock Real Madrid out the champs league while on loan from them to Monaco? 

It's an SPFL rule, no doubt introduced to benefit the weegie bigots seeing as they're most likely to have their players out on loan.  No idea about other leagues.

It's not Montgomery's fault the club have decided to go against their own "pathways" policy and spit in the face of their own youngsters by;

a) taking in a guy who probably isn't good enough to make a meaningful contribution anyway

b) developing another clubs player at the expense of our own. A club that our chairman said when he arrived we'd be looking to challenge

c) ripping the piss comparing this signing to Christie, who we also developed for Celtic, who then went on to score and knock us out the Scottish cup the year after he left

Montgomery himself hasn't done anything wrong. He's probably seen the likes of Gurr and JET getting games for us and thinks he'll have a decent chance at getting games too which he won't at Celtic now they've signed a heap of new guys since the start of the season. Can't blame him for that. Wishing him a broken leg is totally OTT.

On 2/1/2022 at 10:12 AM, RUL said:

Why did we need a left sided player? I would have thought a striker/any kind of forward was what we needed? 

Plus you ignore that this boy is regarded as not being ready by celtic either. So why are we developing him to get to that stage? 

There’s a difference between being ready for Celtic first team and getting a game over Ojo. We “developed” Ryan Christie plenty and it did us no harm really did it?

• Haha 1
  • 2 months later...
On 2/2/2022 at 6:59 PM, Big Hat Logan said:

There’s a difference between being ready for Celtic first team and getting a game over Ojo. We “developed” Ryan Christie plenty and it did us no harm really did it?

Aye apart from scoring the winner against us in a cup final ?

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 8
On 4/11/2022 at 2:05 PM, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Hamstring injury 

2/3 weeks from fitness. 

Be as well sending him back 

Fully agree min. I hear within the confines of shellick park, they have a bath that is specifically filled with Poteen and Colcannon in order to magically treat injuries such as hamstring injuries.

Fuck all point in keeping him at our club. Goodbye.

• Upvote 1
18 hours ago, Hoofball said:

So let’s sign a winger and play him at left back. You couldn’t make it up

We didn't, he can play both position, was a poor signing right enough.

6 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

Hayes wasn’t signed instead of a striker that Aberdeen desperately needed in the January transfer window tho

Do you think the club picked Montgomery over a striker like?

26 minutes ago, minijc said:

We didn't, he can play both position, was a poor signing right enough.

Do you think the club picked Montgomery over a striker like?

It was a panic signing that wasn’t required and isn’t up to the standard required to play either positions in premier league.

Did I say that?