Summer 2022 Transfer Window

2 hours ago, minijc said:

Doubt we'll get him, think Wolves will look to stick him in to a championship side.

I was looking earlier and Alnwick has made the most saves in the league this season with 52, Lewis has only made 15.

That must mean that st mirren concede a lot of chances. Lucky if teams have had 52 shots on goal altogether all season. 
Alnwick didn’t shed himself in a good light for 2 of the goals tonight 

11 hours ago, thurso said:

That must mean that st mirren concede a lot of chances. Lucky if teams have had 52 shots on goal altogether all season. 
Alnwick didn’t shed himself in a good light for 2 of the goals tonight 

Lucky if teams have 52 shots on goal all season?  Away min. A decent team would manage that in a month. 

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Lucky if teams have 52 shots on goal all season?  Away min. A decent team would manage that in a month. 

Sorry what I meant was if Alnwick has saved 52 shots and st mirren also have conceded a fair few goals st mirren must be conceding a lot of chances in games this season compared to Aberdeen.
If Lewis has only saved 15 shots your lucky if you added up the shots saved and goals let in if it would come to 52. 

I could look up exact stats but to hungover to be bothered 

31 minutes ago, thurso said:

Sorry what I meant was if Alnwick has saved 52 shots and st mirren also have conceded a fair few goals st mirren must be conceding a lot of chances in games this season compared to Aberdeen.
If Lewis has only saved 15 shots your lucky if you added up the shots saved and goals let in if it would come to 52. 

I could look up exact stats but to hungover to be bothered 

St Mirren have given up 415 shots so far this season with 149 being on target resulting in 40 goals being conceded.  We on the other hand have only given up 244 shots at goal with 79 on target, 38 goals conceded.

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, minijc said:

St Mirren have given up 415 shots so far this season with 149 being on target resulting in 40 goals being conceded.  We on the other hand have only given up 244 shots at goal with 79 on target, 38 goals conceded.

Fucking hell I like Lewis but that’s a pretty damning statistic ?

Practically half of the shots on target end up in the net ?

19 minutes ago, minijc said:

He already has but it's rather dumb to just assume because ST Mirren gave up a lot of chances we will now do the same here.

Aye. 

Same as folk thinking he'll play the same type of football here as he did at St Mirren when they were completely different jobs with different budgets and expectations. 

4 hours ago, NEM said:

Fucking hell I like Lewis but that’s a pretty damning statistic ?

Practically half of the shots on target end up in the net ?

To be slightly fair to Lewis he missed 4 games where Woods was in, he made 2 saves from 14 shots on target, conceded 9 goals.

6 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

I thought Connor Ronan was about 19, Irish and a St Mirren player. Thought we were gonna sign him and sell him on for loads. I have only just realised he is 24, born in Rochdale and is actually a Wolves player. 

Would still go for him though. How the fuck did we end up with that other Wolves cunt? 

It's probably just efficient scouting. Something we don't seem particularly good at.

Or perhaps Goodwin maybe has contacts within the Eire national set up and knew of him that way.

On 3/12/2022 at 9:17 PM, minijc said:

Doubt we'll get him, think Wolves will look to stick him in to a championship side.

I was looking earlier and Alnwick has made the most saves in the league this season with 52, Lewis has only made 15.

I'm not convinced with him. He's only managed to play over 30 games a season 3 times in his career. Also the huns paid 250k NOT to play him, but I will be happy to be proven wrong.