Summer 2022 Transfer Window

7 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

I'd hoped we'd be after both. 

Can't see it being both. Bojan looks technically vry good. If it was both I'd be OK we that, i just think clearly bojan is better out the 2.

I think if we're vying with Slavia Prague we might lose out on Miovski

Would be happy to sign both, as long as either Ramirez is staying or we're still after a proven goalscorer to replace him.

Apart from 1 season in the Norwegian 3rd division 5 years ago for Lauritsen where he scored 33 in 28, neither player has had a season where they have scored more than 10 goals.

They both have the potential to be good players for us but neither has shown in their careers so far they are an out and out goalscorer which is what we badly need.

7 minutes ago, The D.O.C.1903 said:

Can't see it being both. Bojan looks technically vry good. If it was both I'd be OK we that, i just think clearly bojan is better out the 2.

We need at least two strikers and if Ramirez isn't coming back (fingers crossed - I'm not his biggest fan) then two decent strikers minimum required plus we have a big wage to use.

Would be delighted at both. Maybe even go 2 up top. Ooooft exciting times ahead....

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

We need at least two strikers and if Ramirez isn't coming back (fingers crossed - I'm not his biggest fan) then two decent strikers minimum required plus we have a big wage to use.

Would be delighted at both. Maybe even go 2 up top. Ooooft exciting times ahead....

I agree we need 3 strikers. If we get both & if Ramirez is staying and he can show his goalscoring form from the first half of last season then I think we would be sorted up top.

6 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

They wanted him in January. No indication they still want him. 

True, but seems he's a wanted man by teams elsewhere.. I really hope there is some announcements in the next couple of days.

40 minutes ago, The D.O.C.1903 said:

What are you basing that on? have you watched them extensively?

From what i am led to believe, Lauritsen looked like he would go to a very high level a couple of years ago but then a bad leg break just when in top form which halted his progress and it took him a while to recover but went on a good run at the end of last season. Recently broke a bone in his hand too so we better get him a good medical. Out of contract at end of the year so now in final few months so may be able to get him for a relatively small fee. 

The question I would ask about Bojan is why did he lose his place in Budapest teams in second half of season. He scored 7 in 16 games playing every week between Aug and December, they were battling relegation and needing to score goals but he lost his starting place and only came off bench in a lot of those games. He was linked with a move in Jan so hoping he didn't go in huff after he was kept on at club as we don't need anymore players who have an attitude issue if they don't get their own way. 

I'd happily take them both though. 

4 minutes ago, The D.O.C.1903 said:

True, but seems he's a wanted man by teams elsewhere.. I really hope there is some announcements in the next couple of days.

Surely there must be some announcements on new players by the end of this week, otherwise with the amount of players we'll have for the start of pre-season training we'll struggle to organise a 5 aside game. Confirmation one way or the other on Ramirez too hopefully.

8 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

From what i am led to believe, Lauritsen looked like he would go to a very high level a couple of years ago but then a bad leg break just when in top form which halted his progress and it took him a while to recover but went on a good run at the end of last season. Recently broke a bone in his hand too so we better get him a good medical. Out of contract at end of the year so now in final few months so may be able to get him for a relatively small fee. 

The question I would ask about Bojan is why did he lose his place in Budapest teams in second half of season. He scored 7 in 16 games playing every week between Aug and December, they were battling relegation and needing to score goals but he lost his starting place and only came off bench in a lot of those games. He was linked with a move in Jan so hoping he didn't go in huff after he was kept on at club as we don't need anymore players who have an attitude issue if they don't get their own way. 

The manager got sacked. New manager wanted to play him as a winger because of his pace and that's how he got dropped to the bench as he wasn't a winger. 

7 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

I'm basing it on highlights mainly, his tecnical ability but also stats etc, who knows as that's strange one not playing him much when he was reliable for goals. an odd bk fan on twitter said please take Lauritsen' he might not be a fan favourite. I'd be more than happy we both as well.

9 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Surely there must be some announcements on new players by the end of this week, otherwise with the amount of players we'll have for the start of pre-season training we'll struggle to organise a 5 aside game. Confirmation one way or the other on Ramirez too hopefully.

Definitely has to be 1or2 new signings announced by the weekend Shirley?

7 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

The manager got sacked. New manager wanted to play him as a winger because of his pace and that's how he got dropped to the bench as he wasn't a winger. 

Could be but the data I've seen doesn't exactly show that. The manager who took over in November played him through the middle apart from one game until he lost his regular starting place in Feb, he then was used off the bench most of the time through until that manager got sacked in April and admittedly in quite a few of those he played off either side when he came on. So i don't think that was why he was dropped but it may be the reason why he didn't get back into form.

It looks like when the caretaker coach then took over he still only got 1 start in last 4 games. Came off the bench against Ferencvaros to set up 2 and scoring 1 playing wide that day.   

3 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

Could be but the data I've seen doesn't exactly show that. The manager who took over in November played him through the middle apart from one game until he lost his regular starting place in Feb, he then was used off the bench most of the time through until that manager got sacked in April and admittedly in quite a few of those he played off either side when he came on. So i don't think that was why he was dropped but it may be the reason why he didn't get back into form.

It looks like when the caretaker coach then took over he still only got 1 start in last 4 games. Came off the bench against Ferencvaros to set up 2 and scoring 1 playing wide that day.   

Miovski has been involved in the last four full internationals and scoring 1 (or even 2 one was changed to an OG) on his only start. Pundits have called for him to start every international going forward, and as the central striker.

He's racked up 10 caps in 2021-22 including the Italy (assist) and Portugal games.

At only 22 he's an interesting shout I think.

I'd prefer a more consistent goal scoring record from a potential striker signing, however the successful strikers we have had in the last decade have not had one either so I'm not gonna let that get me down too much. I'd happily take both of these players being mentioned, especially in Miovski's case as the general chat I'm seeing suggests if we do get him, which is by no means a certainty, we could have a real player on our hands. I'm less enthused by the potential impending arrival of Tobias Lauritsen, if indeed he is the Norwegian set to land on Aberdeen's shores this week.

I am excited by the amount of players from abroad we are linked with, and its nice to have some rumours floating around after the dry spell of the last few weeks. Reasons to be cheerful and all that.

Just now, Yerdas Selzavon said:

I'd prefer a more consistent goal scoring record from a potential striker signing, however the successful strikers we have had in the last decade have not had one either so I'm not gonna let that get me down too much. I'd happily take both of these players being mentioned, especially in Miovski's case as the general chat I'm seeing suggests if we do get him, which is by no means a certainty, we could have a real player on our hands. I'm less enthused by the potential impending arrival of Tobias Lauritsen, if indeed he is the Norwegian set to land on Aberdeen's shores this week.

I am excited by the amount of players from abroad we are linked with, and its nice to have some rumours floating around after the dry spell of the last few weeks. Reasons to be cheerful and all that.

22 year olds with a  more consistent scoring record will already be beyond our means though as they would be coveted by bigger clubs than us. 

The boy has some pedigree for a relatively young lad and seems like he'd a smart signing all things considered. 

31 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

22 year olds with a  more consistent scoring record will already be beyond our means though as they would be coveted by bigger clubs than us. 

The boy has some pedigree for a relatively young lad and seems like he'd a smart signing all things considered. 

Doesn't need to be a 22 year old though. As much as Ramirez has his faults he still scored 15 goals in 6 months before going in a huff. We need someone (either a happy Ramirez or someone similar) who we can still look at to score 15-20 goals or more a season. Not convinced the North Macedonian or Norwegian strikers are the players to do this. although both have potential and would be decent signings.

6 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Doesn't need to be a 22 year old though. As much as Ramirez has his faults he still scored 15 goals in 6 months before going in a huff. We need someone (either a happy Ramirez or someone similar) who we can still look at to score 15-20 goals or more a season. Not convinced the North Macedonian or Norwegian strikers are the players to do this. although both have potential and would be decent signings.

Aye but that's easier said than done.  Who can guarantee 15-20 goals per season on our budget? 

There was no guarantee that Ramirez would manage that before he signed 

46 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Miovski has been involved in the last four full internationals and scoring 1 (or even 2 one was changed to an OG) on his only start. Pundits have called for him to start every international going forward, and as the central striker.

He's racked up 10 caps in 2021-22 including the Italy (assist) and Portugal games.

At only 22 he's an interesting shout I think.

I agree that's why I say that we should go for both, they look different types and both at a good age. 

You sound like you are changing your thoughts on him? you didn't seem very impressed when he was first mentioned yesterday but sound a lot more enthusiastic today. 

14 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye but that's easier said than done.  Who can guarantee 15-20 goals per season on our budget? 

There was no guarantee that Ramirez would manage that before he signed 

True, and to be fair can still see Ramirez being back for 1 more season to see out his contract.

55 minutes ago, Yerdas Selzavon said:

One or two is fine as long as we don’t flood the team with foreign players it will be ok