Summer 2022 Transfer Window

9 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

DR reporting Goodwin wanting 5 new signings in tge summer. Are we changing to a 7 a side team now? When you consider there are only 5 players currently in the team i'd keep (McCrorie, Ferguson, Barron, Ramsay and Besuijen) and 2 of those are likely to be sold then 5 players isn't anywhere near enough to come in. Obviously the likes of Duncan and Ngwenya will likely be part of the 1st team squad but we need more than 5 to come in. 

Hope he is downplaying expectations as 4 or 5 is nowhere near enough. We need 4 good players just for defence and keeper positions alone, 5 if Ramsay goes. 

And that's before we consider our pathetic attacking options. 

8 hours ago, Rico1903 said:

I have a sneaky feeling he likes Ojo too. 

Don't think he is tbh. He hasn't been involved as much as he was under Glass. 

8 hours ago, ThomohawkKid said:

Bare in mind, we reportedly have at least 3 already. So 5 more after that? And he loves Matty Kennedy lol

That's all just pure hearsay right now though isn't it? I hope you are right and we have 3 pre contracts agreed and Jim is talking about 5 more on top of them as that is more realistic.

Ojo is a strange player.

One minute you’ll see him dancing past players on the touchline with quick feet and looking like a decent player, the next he’s struggling to control the ball or make a simple pass.

I would keep him as a squad player as he can fill in a few positions, but he shouldn’t be anywhere near a starting place next season if he’s still here.

1 hour ago, Andy_123 said:

Ojo is a strange player.

One minute you’ll see him dancing past players on the touchline with quick feet and looking like a decent player, the next he’s struggling to control the ball or make a simple pass.

I would keep him as a squad player as he can fill in a few positions, but he shouldn’t be anywhere near a starting place next season if he’s still here.

No.

Too expensive for a squad player & 31. 

Release him, free up a decent wage 

While id of liked more players I think that if we bring in 5 players with good quality that come straight into the first 11 it will be a good start. The more players you bring in the more chance you have of getting it wrong! As everyone says you cant do everything in 1 window. Maybe we are taking a more measured approach this window and hope to add 2/3 more youth players to first team squad. I would assume that figure is based on no player sales. 

13 minutes ago, slippers said:

While id of liked more players I think that if we bring in 5 players with good quality that come straight into the first 11 it will be a good start. The more players you bring in the more chance you have of getting it wrong! As everyone says you cant do everything in 1 window. Maybe we are taking a more measured approach this window and hope to add 2/3 more youth players to first team squad. I would assume that figure is based on no player sales. 

Ir's unrealistic to think we aren't going to sell Ferguson or Ramsay (i think it's highly likely we'll sell both). Bringing in 5 players that are of high quality to start is fine. But when the bench is full of utter dross then it makes no odds. We already need a keeper (probably 2), at least 1 centre half, a left back, a central midfielder, a no10 and 2 strikers (3 if Ramirez goes). That's before you are looking at having to replace Ramsay and Ferguson. 

11 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Ir's unrealistic to think we aren't going to sell Ferguson or Ramsay (i think it's highly likely we'll sell both). Bringing in 5 players that are of high quality to start is fine. But when the bench is full of utter dross then it makes no odds. We already need a keeper (probably 2), at least 1 centre half, a left back, a central midfielder, a no10 and 2 strikers (3 if Ramirez goes). That's before you are looking at having to replace Ramsay and Ferguson. 

I agree Ferguson is definitely going, its about getting as much as we can for him with only 2 years left on his contract. I think Ramsay may go but im not entirely sure someone will meet our valuation. Could be mega money from those 2 players in Aberdeen terms thats for sure. I just wonder how much we will be aloud to spend and if we have the ability to find the next Ferguson on a regular basis! Barron looks to be the next player that will hopefully kick on from a very strong start, could be doing with Duncan or Ngwenya to step up next season and hopefully recruit at least 1 stand out player! Im buying into Cormack again (mug I know) but we desperately need results on the field this coming season to back it up! 

On 4/18/2022 at 2:26 PM, Shinniesta said:

I know because the strikers we've had since Cosgrove left have been so much more effective for us right? Because no player who did well in Scotland then did fuck all when they went down south ever came back up here and re-ignited their career did they? Cosgrove scored 47 goals in 103 games for AFC. Name me the last striker we have had with a better goals to game ratio than that? I think you'll probably need to go back to the 80's for the answer.

I find it amusing people just instantly write off someone who is still only 25 and in over 100 games for AFC has a better goals to game ratio than the striker who is generally regarded as the best one we have had this century (Rooney).

All I've said is if the opportunity to bring him here on loan for 12 months was presented I think it would be a chance worth taking. He is a proven goalscorer in this league regardless of how poor he has been in the 15 months since he left.

McGinn (played as striker) gave a better goal return than Cosgrove (I think) as did Rooney until his final season. Both were regular one goal every 2 games average consistently 

31 minutes ago, slippers said:

I agree Ferguson is definitely going, its about getting as much as we can for him with only 2 years left on his contract. I think Ramsay may go but im not entirely sure someone will meet our valuation. Could be mega money from those 2 players in Aberdeen terms thats for sure. I just wonder how much we will be aloud to spend and if we have the ability to find the next Ferguson on a regular basis! Barron looks to be the next player that will hopefully kick on from a very strong start, could be doing with Duncan or Ngwenya to step up next season and hopefully recruit at least 1 stand out player! Im buying into Cormack again (mug I know) but we desperately need results on the field this coming season to back it up! 

Barron is an excellent prospect and hopefully he'll be a big player next season. We may also see money coming in from the McKenna deal. Think we will be due money if Forest go up. Even if they don't I could see McKenna getting a move as he's been getting a lot of plaudits. Should thwt materialise i'd like to see us keep hold of Ramsay for another year and use the money from McKenna & Ferguson to strengthen the squad. We really need to be looking at investing in the squad properly this season. Cormack admitting that all the summer dealings were on Glass has really fucked us and set us back. 

If it's 5 more beyond the rumoured 3 we supposedly already have on pre-contracts then fine.

But if it's just 5 in total we might struggle next season too. As it stands we already need to replace Considine, Devlin (one left footed CH might suffice as we know McCrorie is a capable CH), JET, Ojo and McGeouch and Ruth (presumably none of the last 3 are getting new deals at this late stage). Jenks also returning to Brighton and he has featured quite a bit though mainly off the bench.

And obviously if Ferguson is sold he'll need replacing too, not forgetting we also let Broonaldo walk away a few weeks back. That's means we'd need to replace almost all of the  midfielders that have played the majority of the season...mitigated to a degree by the emergence of Barron and the restoration of McCrorie to midfield

He's not going to come out and say he's looking for 10 or 15 new players. 

That's just makes us look desperate and drives prices up. 

It'll be between 5 and 10 I reckon but I'd rather have 5 really good ones than 10 punts like we got last summer and in McInnes' final couple of years. Rome wasn't built in one transfer window. 

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

He's not going to come out and say he's looking for 10 or 15 new players. 

That's just makes us look desperate and drives prices up. 

It'll be between 5 and 10 I reckon but I'd rather have 5 really good ones than 10 punts like we got last summer and in McInnes' final couple of years. Rome wasn't built in one transfer window. 

Rome wasn’t built in a day… but they were laying bricks every hour.

Maybe it will just be 5.

A couple of youngsters added, such as a Ryan Duncan, and then if either or both of Ferguson & Ramsay are sold, it’ll be up to 7. 

If we're assuming Ferguson and Ramsay are away, I would accept Hayes, Gallagher, Bates, McCrorie, Barron, Besoujin in the starting line up next season. That's 6, which means 5 others definitely needed for the starting line up. Ideally I'd prefer we also replaced Hayes, Gallagher and Bates as well, but I think they will be regular starters again next year. So we need at least 5 really good players - GK, RB, CM, LW, CF are the key positions. I think we need another 5 new players on top of that as most of the current squad players won't be here either.

Absolute nonsense that were only looking at 5 signings, maybe double that and you'd be a bit closer. 

On the way out(out of contract or recently terminated) - Brown, JET, Jenks, Ojo, McGeouch, Devlin, Considine, Montgomery and Ruth.

Others who could leave but are under contract - 

Ferguson- He will be desperate to leave and I think similar to McKenna we will buckle to a smaller fee 12 months down the line. 

Ramsay - Could be a good time to cash in and with no European football we might need to cash in.

Campbell - Cormack looked very sheepish when asked by Hunter about Campbells future, saying it will be left up to the manager despite saying Duncan and Ngwenya will definitely be first team players next season. He might reassess with Deano in the summer but I feel he could be a permanent killie player next year. 

Ramirez - Family back in the US and he is heading over when the season is done, could be for the close season and I'd imagine the manager is keen to keep him but with the rumoured wages he's on and the fact he was brought by Russell and Glass, then he could head back. 

MacKenzie - He could maybe benefit from a loan spell in the championship, I know he is 22 but only one loan spell at Forfar and then straight back in our first team. With Ngwenya coming back and Hayes playing LB, then it wouldn't surprise me to try and further develop him. 

Lewis - On big money and the manager clearly wants a new goalie, he is settled here though and might not want to move.

Woods - Surely wouldn't be hard to terminate his contract. 

Polvara - Could a six month loan deal help the young lad? Goodwin had a habit at St Mirren of loaning out a lot of players and running with a tight first team squad. 

McLennan - Just not good enough

That's leaves McCrorie, Bates, Gallagher, Hayes, Barron, Vinny, Watkins, Ngwenya and Duncan. That is a much bigger rebuild than 5 players. Now I don't think all the above will leave but it is a possibility that even if half of them stayed then it would still be a rebuild of around 10 to 12 players required. 

56 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

This is why i struggle to believe we have already signed 3 to pre-contracts because somebody in the media would know about it. There's no way we'd get 3 players on pre-contracts and not a single journalist knows about it. 

Just because journalists aren't talking about them doesn't mean it hasn't happened, like last year with Gallagher, several journalists knew he had signed to come here long before it hit the press.

8 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

Ojo is a strange player.

I didn’t realise they sold hallucinating drugs at the food kiosks. 

3 hours ago, GDON21 said:

Campbell - Cormack looked very sheepish when asked by Hunter about Campbells future, saying it will be left up to the manager despite saying Duncan and Ngwenya will definitely be first team players next season. He might reassess with Deano in the summer but I feel he could be a permanent killie player next year. 

Ramirez - Family back in the US and he is heading over when the season is done, could be for the close season and I'd imagine the manager is keen to keep him but with the rumoured wages he's on and the fact he was brought by Russell and Glass, then he could head back. 

Lewis - On big money and the manager clearly wants a new goalie, he is settled here though and might not want to move.

On these 3... I think you're right about Campbell, really don't see him having a future here. Ramirez will be gone too - I'm actually not convinced Goodwin would want to keep him anyway, I think he's too slow and immobile for the role. Lewis I think will be gone - the names we're being linked with aren't coming in to sit on the bench. Getting a new keeper in and appointing a new captain will make a big difference next season I think.