Summer 2022 Transfer Window

6 minutes ago, North_Andy_Dandy said:

Some real depth in the wage budget opening up now, it will be really interesting to see what Goodwin does with it. Considering this will be his biggest ever budget I’d think.
Also are we only in the market for free transfers or does anyone see us bidding for players? 

We’ll spend money, how much will depend if/when Ferguson &/or Ramsay are sold. 

Did we sign Kennedy on a 3.5 year deal??? He's had our fucking pants down if he is ?

No surprise on the out of contract players all going. Suspect the players under contract like McLennan, Kennedy etc will all be told they are free to find new clubs as they won't get game time. Just don't want to see us pay them off if we can avoid it as it will bite into summer budget. There will be teams that want them. 

2 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Did we sign Kennedy on a 3.5 year deal??? He's had our fucking pants down if he is ?

No surprise on the out of contract players all going. Suspect the players under contract like McLennan, Kennedy etc will all be told they are free to find new clubs as they won't get game time. Just don't want to see us pay them off if we can avoid it as it will bite into summer budget. There will be teams that want them. 

Not Kennedy. JG likes him. Suspect we’ll be stuck with him. Unfortunately 

7 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

We’ll spend money, how much will depend if/when Ferguson &/or Ramsay are sold. 

That’s my thinking as well, but I only see the monetary signings being investments like Vicente. Which is potentially good for the future but at the moment we need to be signing players who are playing at their peak. 

6 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

JG liked him when he was working with St Mirren's budget and trying to find players at that level but now he has a better budget he will be trying to source much better. And although he said it was great to have him back in training he also praised Jet for the hard work he was doing to try to get fit just a few days before he was given his pay off.

1 minute ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

JG liked him when he was working with St Mirren's budget and trying to find players at that level but now he has a better budget he will be trying to source much better. And although he said it was great to have him back in training he also praised Jet for the hard work he was doing to try to get fit just a few days before he was given his pay off.

Aye, hopefully you’re right.

53 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

He might like him but one look at his injury record should tell him he should go. Just because he liked him whilst at St Mirren doesn't mean he wouldn't be able to source a player capable of staying fit for more than 10 mins to take Kennedy's place. He'll have a bigger budget than he had at St Mirren to attract better players. 

McInnes knew his time was coming to an end and rolled the desperation dice in the Jan '21 window.  Of the three strikers he signed, Hendry was the one I thought was least likely to make an impact.  Turns out he was the only one who made any kind of impact by scoring three goals.  He's had a decent season this year, scoring for Killie in the Championship and since January has scored 8 goals for a St Johnstone side that previously couldn't score in the proverbial brothel with a wad of £20s tied around you-know-where.  

Now, I'm not saying we should sign him as a first choice striker and I'm not even saying we should definitely sign him.  What I am saying is if we did sign him as a squad member with a couple of better strikers in the team ahead of him I wouldn't be unhappy.  He's only 24 and has improved over the last couple of seasons.  Think he could contribute in the region of 8 - 10 a season as a third choice striker in a good team with decent service.  He'd also be cheap and it's not like we've got any great young strikers he'd be keeping out of the team.  As others have said, we'd be better to put the young lad Harvey out on load for regular game time so he can develop rather than warming our bench for the odd 5 minutes of game time here and there.

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

McInnes knew his time was coming to an end and rolled the desperation dice in the Jan '21 window.  Of the three strikers he signed, Hendry was the one I thought was least likely to make an impact.  Turns out he was the only one who made any kind of impact by scoring three goals.  He's had a decent season this year, scoring for Killie in the Championship and since January has scored 8 goals for a St Johnstone side that previously couldn't score in the proverbial brothel with a wad of £20s tied around you-know-where.  

Now, I'm not saying we should sign him as a first choice striker and I'm not even saying we should definitely sign him.  What I am saying is if we did sign him as a squad member with a couple of better strikers in the team ahead of him I wouldn't be unhappy.  He's only 24 and has improved over the last couple of seasons.  Think he could contribute in the region of 8 - 10 a season as a third choice striker in a good team with decent service.  He'd also be cheap and it's not like we've got any great young strikers he'd be keeping out of the team.  As others have said, we'd be better to put the young lad Harvey out on load for regular game time so he can develop rather than warming our bench for the odd 5 minutes of game time here and there.

@DD1903will be fuming at this.

1 hour ago, AyrshireSheep said:

He might like him but one look at his injury record should tell him he should go. Just because he liked him whilst at St Mirren doesn't mean he wouldn't be able to source a player capable of staying fit for more than 10 mins to take Kennedy's place. He'll have a bigger budget than he had at St Mirren to attract better players. 

Surely Goodwin must also be mindful of the fact it’s the club he’s now managing that was trying to punt Kennedy. Not quite sure how he can possibly justify keeping him. 

23 minutes ago, Rico1903 said:

Surely Goodwin must also be mindful of the fact it’s the club he’s now managing that was trying to punt Kennedy. Not quite sure how he can possibly justify keeping him. 

He'll need to find someone to take him. I don't think we should be in the business of paying anyone else off because we've already paid off Brown and JET. Find clubs to take them off our hands. Killie might want Kennedy and he's from  down there. 

2 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

He'll need to find someone to take him. I don't think we should be in the business of paying anyone else off because we've already paid off Brown and JET. Find clubs to take them off our hands. Killie might want Kennedy and he's from  down there. 

Brown ripped up his own contract to be fair. So only paid off Jet. Hopefully got some spare cash for mclennan Kennedy and a few others if we can't shift them.

3 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Yes agreed. 

59 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Brown ripped up his own contract to be fair. So only paid off Jet. Hopefully got some spare cash for mclennan Kennedy and a few others if we can't shift them.

Did he? I thought we paid him off. That's a bit of good news then as he wouldn't have been cheap to get rid of