Summer 2022 Transfer Window

1 hour ago, bonzodaddy73 said:

Wish it wasn't so but you ain't wrong. I'm just glad i seen us win the majority of our trophies, fuck im getting old...

It makes it all the more bizarre when people get so pissed off about one of our players going to support the team he was brought up supporting in a European final because they think Rangers are a close rival

Apart from a few odd occasions, neither Rangers of Cerltic have really been a close rival for almost 40 years. Should be more worried about having players who support Hearts, Hibs, Dundee United (or this season Dundee, St Johnstone, St Mirren, Livingston) as these are the teams we are directly competing with realistically.

But we were competing with Selic recently, and should certainly have won the league when Sevco weren't there (and Deila was their manager), the fact we didnt  means we lost ground which we have never recovered from - and are now at rock bottom - my how we have regressed these last few seasons, especially this one

2 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

It makes it all the more bizarre when people get so pissed off about one of our players going to support the team he was brought up supporting in a European final because they think Rangers are a close rival

Apart from a few odd occasions, neither Rangers of Cerltic have really been a close rival for almost 40 years. Should be more worried about having players who support Hearts, Hibs, Dundee United (or this season Dundee, St Johnstone, St Mirren, Livingston) as these are the teams we are directly competing with realistically.

It’s just as ridiculous as a Scottish ref supporting a team. While you are playing for a team (or current serving ref) you should never be following another side in any way shape or form as a professional. 
Regardless of if we are close to or not all competing with said team. Even if it is European football. 

it is unacceptable 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, sigh said:

But we were competing with Selic recently, and should certainly have won the league when Sevco weren't there (and Deila was their manager), the fact we didnt  means we lost ground which we have never recovered from - and are now at rock bottom - my how we have regressed these last few seasons, especially this one

As poor as we remember them to be under Deila, both seasons he was there they still beat our record points haul comfortably. "Should" is a bit harsh.

If we'd kept Ward and maybe brought in one more quality player we'd have pushed them right till the last game or 2 I've no doubt.

3 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

It’s just as ridiculous as a Scottish ref supporting a team. While you are playing for a team (or current serving ref) you should never be following another side in any way shape or form as a professional. 
Regardless of if we are close to or not all competing with said team. Even if it is European football. 

it is unacceptable 

I don't see an issue with a referee having a team they support, the only issue (and its a big one in Scotland, thanks to the wankers at the SFA) is when they are given games involving that team or games that affect the team they support.

12 minutes ago, sigh said:

Should have? No

Could have? Absolutely

But Wiggy chose not to roll the dice and give McInnes a couple of million in the January to bring in 3-4 players that might have made the difference. Ward getting recalled and not being adequately replaced in itself probably killed off our chances,

Just now, Ten Caat said:

Should have? No

Could have? Absolutely

But Wiggy chose not to roll the dice and give McInnes a couple of million in the January to bring in 3-4 players that might have made the difference. Ward getting recalled and not being adequately replaced in itself probably killed off our chances,

Aye that January 2016 window was the biggest opportunity we'll ever have to invest. Releasing Danny Ward and replacing him with Scott Brown summed up doing things on the cheap and having no ambition

10 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Aye that January 2016 window was the biggest opportunity we'll ever have to invest. Releasing Danny Ward and replacing him with Scott Brown summed up doing things on the cheap and having no ambition

Not our fault Liverpool recalled him, Klopp was a right prick for never playing him however, moaning prick

The lad we brought in to replace him (Collin) was utter shite

14 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Should have? No

Could have? Absolutely

Fuck Stewarty milne utter cunt. We've been besieged by cunts for chairmen since the halcyon days.

28 minutes ago, Granite95 said:

Not our fault Liverpool recalled him, Klopp was a right prick for never playing him however, moaning prick

The lad we brought in to replace him (Collin) was utter shite

Yes not our fault on that top line

certainly our fault on the second one though 

losing a keeper of wards quality we should have at least given ourselves a chance at finding a decent replacement. If no one was available maybe we could have invested in other areas. Instead we did next to nothing 

4 hours ago, Durrant Dived said:

How will we not? Mccrorie is the only natural defensive midfielder we have. Push barron further forward. 

Maybe ye I think Barron is better deeper getting on the ball getting things going forward than someone who sits deep and puts it sideways or back to Lewis to punt forward. 

3 hours ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

No idea if we are interested in him. It was rumoured that our scouts had been watching Ebou Adams who was the star midfielder in the FG team but he has just left them to join Cardiff so maybe we have spotted Diallo while watching Adams.  

But if we are interested it doesn't sound like Rob Edwards who was his youth coach at City, also his coach for the development team at Wolves and then took him to FG thinks the defensive side of his game is his strength and that's actually what he needs to work on going by an interview he did a few months ago.  

You’ve known Sadou Diallo since he was around 16 when he was at Manchester City. Was his talent obvious back then?

You can’t not notice his talent because he’s so good with the ball and he was like that as a young player and he’ll be like that when he’s 35. He’ll always be a good footballer. He’s very intelligent, silky on the ball and just a good footballer. It was pleasing to see the other side to his game, because that’s where there have been question marks in the past. When he does all those things right, he looks like a real player and I was pleased with him at the weekend.

Sadou Diallo has had to be patient since joining, but he made his first league start at Hartlepool. How pleased were you with him?

Very pleased. He’s an excellent footballer, a real technician. He’s had to be patient and we have some really tough decisions to make in that area, because we have real quality. I was delighted with him. He loves football. Sadou loves playing football. What’s impressed me over the last couple of months is that he’s really worked hard on his all-round game. Whether that’s stuff in the gym, whether that’s doing extra stuff after training - he’s just trying to become as good as he can be. Technically he’s brilliant, but it’s not just about technique, you need to be reliable with second balls, headers, tackles, blocks and tracking runners. He did a lot of those ugly things at the weekend. That was very pleasing. I saw him do it against Walsall as well. He’s got our trust, which is brilliant. We have lots of competition in that area of the field.

I’ll be honest Iv no idea about him I just googled his name and saw on transfermarket he was a defensive midfielder. 

2 hours ago, Tord31 said:

In terms of this Diallo guy.

We probably can take a cheap punt for replacing one of McGeouch or Ojo since they both offered close to fuck all.

This. And also let's not forget we gaven't punted either Ramsay or Ferguson yet so i don't think we'll be seeing much in the way of fees being oaid out until there's cash in tge bank feom either one or both being sold. 

I have to say I really hope we can sign Neimeijer if we are interested in him becayse his stats for last season looked quite impressive. 

• Upvote 1