Motherwell 1 - 1 Aberdeen

Whatever way we look at it he needs to start by tightening us up at the back and stop us giving away cheap goals, we have been far too easy to play against this season especially against teams who have no intention of getting the ball down and playing, he seems to think he will be able to do that relatively quick.

Then we  can start work on the attacking side of the game, anyone who thinks this is going to be a quick fix is wrong but i believe if he sorts the first bit then we will start to turn the corner, today the players showed a bit of fight which has been missing for the vast majority of the season so far so a start. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Just watching it on Alba.

What an embarrassing standard of football from both teams.

JG has his work cut out. 

And hopefully he soon learns Connor McLennan is NEVER the first sub to turn to. EVER. 

And Nick Walsh… a horrific refereeing performance matching the standard of the football.

Don't mean to sound critical, but you forgot to slate the pitch and the ground staff.

I mean, both teams, the subs, and the referee, all taken oot. Would be a pity not to scythe down the cunts responsible for the playing surface. ?

5 minutes ago, Just Dandy said:

Don't mean to sound critical, but you forgot to slate the pitch and the ground staff.

I mean, both teams, the subs, and the referee, all taken oot. Would be a pity not to scythe down the cunts responsible for the playing surface. ?

Goodwin referenced the pitch and all the other points, he actually laughed whilst saying I'm not sure that was the best advert for Scottish football ?

1 hour ago, Pye1903 said:

Few of things from me

1, Oharas tackle on hayes looked a rough one from where i was sat( in the davie cooper, was there with work)

2, Ramirez was awful, id argue thats 2nd game from glasses sacking hes been terrible

3, young loon barron is a baller, hopefully we have unearth a gem with him

4, THAT GAME WAS FUCKING DIRE 

Is Barron that good? Had our fingers burned with Calvin and Jack this season - talking them up to world class then seeing them burdened by it. Probably Campbell aswell tbh 

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I think you're being harsh on McLennan.  He made some dangerous runs when he went to the right wing. 

Who should he have  brought on instead?  He clearly wanted to give us some pace in wide areas to stretch them a bit more. 

Did you see the rest of our bench?  No game changers on there. 

Lazy pick on McLennan there. 

His best runs are when he's used as a decoy and we pass to somebody else.

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, Poodler said:

Is Barron that good? Had our fingers burned with Calvin and Jack this season - talking them up to world class then seeing them burdened by it. Probably Campbell aswell tbh 

Just seems to fresh mate, always looking for the ball, decent passer of the ball, and isnt scared to get stuck in.

As for ramsey and mackenzie its weord, calvins better than jack, i dont see the excitemnt with jack, calvin i ferl has let the transfer talk go to his head.

Dean campbell i cannot see him being part of our team going forward prob end up at cove 

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Just watching it on Alba.

What an embarrassing standard of football from both teams.

JG has his work cut out

And hopefully he soon learns Connor McLennan is NEVER the first sub to turn to. EVER. 

And Nick Walsh… a horrific refereeing performance matching the standard of the football.

Diplomatically said as much in his post match comments on sportsound. 

Sees what we all see.

Thank God I don't need to go back to that shithole this season. 3 times in a season is more than enough.

Motherwell are a big physical team who play hardly any football and once again a match we started okay in descended into a game of hoofball. 

Quality was dire but at least there was much better fight in the Aberdeen team.

Was good to be one of the 838 away fans today. Goodwin spoke well after the match and sees that we badly need more organisation and solidity. If Gallagher hadn't been so weakly bullied we might have sneaked an undeserved win.

3 hours ago, Just Dandy said:

Take a look at the pitches of 70s/80s pretty crap, but fooiball was on a different level. Good players can play on any surface. 

( Defence will always look fragile with bomb scare Lewis in goals)

8 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

That’s the trouble with McCrorie. 
Not sure he has the technique to play midfield, when he’s in there, the 2nd touch is a lunging tackle. 

8 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

Today, McCrorie seemed to be playing as a number 6, protecting the back 4. I think he’s better as a number 8, alongside Barron in a more attacking, box to box, role. 

Huge game next week v United. Really need them 3 points.

What? Agree with WW… if you don’t have the technique to pass the ball, how can you play at 8?

McRorie put in a shift yesterday - worked like an absolute fucking dog, winning first and second balls and mopping up mistakes. But he gave the ball away every time he won it back. His passing was absolutely atrocious. Ferguson wasn’t any better mind, neither was Barron (although he picked out more than the others two).

If McCrorie can work on his distribution, he could still be an option in there… can’t fault his application and commitment. A lot to like about the defensive work he did.

Lots of problems yesterday, but for me, the biggest issue was our passing. Shocking. Unless it was punted up to then, Vinny and Ramirez had very little to work with.

7 hours ago, daytripping said:

2 season tickets for the South stand at 50 for the TWO, that's 25 each, is some saving for anyone who goes to games, 1 game and it's almost free games for the rest of the season. I've got IPTV and get the games free, just buy tickets to support the team. Not going again this season though.

Consider donating them to underprivileged kids (or the like).

5 minutes ago, Scotty_Toronto said:

Consider donating them to underprivileged kids (or the like).

What did the kids do to deserve that? Poor wee things would be losing the will to live after watching that shite today. ?

"Daddy, do we have to go to the football again?"

"Yes, you're underprivileged! If I can get a better-paying job next month, I'll buy you some paint to watch drying."

• Haha 2

Watched the 90 mins on redtv yesterday. We have a long way to go until we can go top places like fir Park and mix it with a big physical team. Really poor goal to concede, Folk saying it was a foul on Gallagher.. I don't think it was. He's a 6ft plus centre half, He should never be getting out muscled on the edge of your own 6 yard box. Awful defending 

Lewis distribution is ridiculously bad. How he got away with the one in first half is beyond me. Worst part of it is he took no responsibility from the error. Started having a go at |Bates i think it was, Lewis could have played it first time rather than take the touch but chose to absolve himself of any blame. We need a new keeper in the summer 100%

Midfield was a battle but mostly bypassed due to the state of the pitch (that's what i'm blaming anyway). Ramsey needs to get back to doing the basics right, Young loon so hopefully he comes onto a game for the rest of the season. 

McLennan, Montgomery, Gallagher et al can fuck off, Not upto the standard we need if we want to kick on.

Goodwin came across well in his pre and posty match interviews. Glad to hear that he knows where it looks like we're going wrong. Need to stop conceding poofy goals and make ourselves hard to beat. Not sure how easy that will be with the players at his disposal. 

See how we get on next Saturday against Utd, 3 points is a must

3 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

What errors did Lewis make yesterday? Where was he at fault? 

Nearly cost us a goal in the first half because he chose to take a touch instead of play it first time. Van veen closed him down and it went around a foot past the post after ot rebounded off him. 

Is that a big enough error or does that not count?

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, beef_sister said:

Nearly cost us a goal in the first half because he chose to take a touch instead of play it first time. Van veen closed him down and it went around a foot past the post after ot rebounded off him. 

Is that a big enough error or does that not count?

"nearly" - ok. 

There are far more glaringly obvious positions that need addressing ahead of Joe Lewis - in my opinion.

7 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

"nearly" - ok. 

There are far more glaringly obvious positions that need addressing ahead of Joe Lewis - in my opinion.

Yip "nearly" You asked for an error and it was an error regardless if it went in or not. 

Agreed there are more obvious positions need shored up but you can't just overlook his form over the last 18 months. We need a new keeper along with various other positions all over the park

• Upvote 1