New captain?

14 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

They'd have been a lot worse only because the alternative is Gary Woods, who is up there with the worst goalkeepers we've ever had. Joe Lewis was a great keeper for the first 2-3 years. He's been a below average SPL level keeper in the last couple of seasons. Could probably name 6 or 7 keepers in the SPL who are better than him now. Whether that's partly due to him not being able to handle the responsibility of being captain, or whether he's just getting old and no longer as reliable, I don't know. 

Age hasn’t anything to do with it IMO

The hun rapist & Craig Gordon are 40 & 39 respectively.

Lewis is “only” 34 which isn’t bad for a keeper. Same age as Joe Hart who’s also a good keeper.

Hart       
McGregor      
Gordon       
Siegrist      
Clark       
Alnwick          
Kelly.       

All better than 2022 Lewis IMO

4 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Lewis is “only” 34 which isn’t bad for a keeper. Same age as Joe Hart who’s also a good keeper.

Hart       
McGregor      
Gordon       
Siegrist      
Clark       
Alnwick          
Kelly.       

Chuy Corona... a senior citizen better than all of them. 

9 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Hart       
McGregor      
Gordon       
Siegrist      
Clark       
Alnwick          
Kelly.       

Nearly every keeper on your list has probably made as many mistakes this season as joe Lewis 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Shouldn't even be mentioned. Utter cunt.

Pleases me that he thought he could just nip back to his home city and have a few pints and it would be accepted. Absolutely not. 

aberdonian boy. Captain. Came through the ranks. Leaves on a fucking bosman to go there at a time when we were better than them. Absolutely vile. 

17 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Pleases me that he thought he could just nip back to his home city and have a few pints and it would be accepted. Absolutely not. 

aberdonian boy. Captain. Came through the ranks. Leaves on a fucking bosman to go there at a time when we were better than them. Absolutely vile. 

Ken. I hope the rumour that he was greeting outside soul because of the way he was being treated is true. Hun prick. 

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Aye, they must be. 

How does their save percentage prove that they never made any mistakes to concede goals. The only keeper I can recall not making any glaring mistakes that have lead to goals this season is Craig Gordon, maybe even Liam Kelly (who would of been my choice to replace Lewis) 

5 minutes ago, thurso said:

How does their save percentage prove that they never made any mistakes to concede goals. The only keeper I can recall not making any glaring mistakes that have lead to goals this season is Craig Gordon, maybe even Liam Kelly (who would of been my choice to replace Lewis) 

It's not foolproof but it's a basic measurement and his stats are way below the rest which is pretty concerning. 

21 minutes ago, thurso said:

They’re a pretty good guide to how a keeper is performing.

Not foolproof, I know that, but it is a barometer, surely you accept that?

4 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

They’re a pretty good guide to how a keeper is performing.

Not foolproof, I know that, but it is a barometer, surely you accept that?

It’s not really when you were discussing how many mistakes he made.

According to that Allan McGregor has a save percentage of 71% but he’s probably cost rangers half the goals they let in since the winter break. Alnwick has a high percentage but he was at fault for 2 goals in his last game and probably only has a high percentage as st mirren give away a lot of chances.
On the other hand Lewis has a low percentage as we generally give up very few chances on goal but when we do it’s a fuck up in the defence so Lewis doesn’t have much chance of saving it. 

10 hours ago, thurso said:

It’s not really when you were discussing how many mistakes he made.

According to that Allan McGregor has a save percentage of 71% but he’s probably cost rangers half the goals they let in since the winter break. Alnwick has a high percentage but he was at fault for 2 goals in his last game and probably only has a high percentage as st mirren give away a lot of chances.
On the other hand Lewis has a low percentage as we generally give up very few chances on goal but when we do it’s a fuck up in the defence so Lewis doesn’t have much chance of saving it. 

Joe, you've been shite for a few seasons now. Just accept it and move on. 

Given that the first asset any team should be looking for in a captain is leadership qualities, we're pretty poorly off. 

A big part of the reason our team is dogshit is because we have a team of hiders. Players who aren't willing to step up a level and take more responsibility -it's easier to make that 10 yard sideways pass than it is to believe in your own abilities and do something that will change a game. 

I can't think of anyone in our team who is a leader, other than big Andy. But there's no guarantee he'll be back. Maybe McCrorie at a push, and given that Goodwin seems to think highly of him it's quite possible he'll be our next captain. 

I am sick of the club handing out the captaincy as part of a new contract deal, hopefully that nonsense will get binned under JG. 

7 minutes ago, Schapenneuker said:

Given that the first asset any team should be looking for in a captain is leadership qualities, we're pretty poorly off. 

A big part of the reason our team is dogshit is because we have a team of hiders. Players who aren't willing to step up a level and take more responsibility -it's easier to make that 10 yard sideways pass than it is to believe in your own abilities and do something that will change a game. 

I can't think of anyone in our team who is a leader, other than big Andy. But there's no guarantee he'll be back. Maybe McCrorie at a push, and given that Goodwin seems to think highly of him it's quite possible he'll be our next captain. 

I am sick of the club handing out the captaincy as part of a new contract deal, hopefully that nonsense will get binned under JG. 

You mean like the new contract just signed by McCrorie  last week