The Goodwin effect!

1 hour ago, Roberto said:

"It doesn't concern me to be honest. I'm honest enough in my own assessment of my own performance as a manager and I don't need to be reading what random folk I've never met before think about my approach to the game."

What a cunt. 

The last place Goodwin should be looking for advice is so called social media or anti social media describes it better.And no proper journalist would be reading social media posts either. That said Goodwin does need to find a proper balance between attack and defence.

3 minutes ago, Roberto said:

I know this season is going to be very up and down.

What I can't take is his arrogant nature and these ignorant fucking interviews.

Aye that's it, if we were flying and saturday was just a one off I could maybe see where he's coming from but we've been very hit or miss with some alarming decisions from him.

5 hours ago, caledonia said:

Away and take your face for a shite you thick cunt.

Nice comeback window licker

Every post you make on this site shows you up as thick

50+ years of watching Aberdeen.  It is truly staggering you are probably pushing 60 and have managed to have the same intelligence and insight as your average hun. 

You know when family and friends have abandoned you. Thats not bad luck. They just cant stand you any longer ...

27 minutes ago, minijc said:

Aye that's it, if we were flying and saturday was just a one off I could maybe see where he's coming from but we've been very hit or miss with some alarming decisions from him.

Ibrox & the suicidal, naive tactics. 
The Tannadice shitshow. 
Pittodrie 8-0-2 against Tims.  
The pathetic tactics & surrender at Easter Road with 10 men. 
The first half hour v Livi (could’ve been 0-4).  
Motherwell at Pittodrie.

That’s 6 of the 16 league games.

Far too many tactical fuck ups.

The evidence against him is getting indefensible almost. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Here's the deal, right (said in a Davie Cormack style).... he said, that due to the break as the fact we'd be rusty. That was his choice wasn't it. He could have arranged a couple of bounce games against Championship sides in the week or two before. He could have played something resembling a 1st team in Atlanta, but played their youth team instead and gave most of our first team a 2 week break.
The huns were playing a friendly against Bayer Leverkusen 5 days prior to their Hibs match. We were throwing snowballs around at Cormack Park.
Absolute drivel and as a reason for setting up the way he did, is another insult to our intelligence. As was taking Hayes on and playing him before the likes of Ramirez or Bavidge. WTF was that supposed to be for? His lightning pace to latch on to our lauched balls from one of the back 8?

Every single aspect of that game, the post match interviews, the pre-huns interviews, all completely stink to high hell and having been a pretty sat on the fence type of supporter in terms of my position on Goodwin, he's managed to push me off it and landed squarely in the GTF side, in the space of 48 hours!

Tomorrow won't be pretty if he sets up in a similar fashion. The Shed was on Stewart's back from about the 5th minute as it was, so he'll be walking on egg shells. It won't take much to turn all the positive energy we've amassed, into one steaming pile of negative horse shit, if he even attempts a sliver of what he did on Saturday. I'd happily suffer a 4-1 loss, if I saw some feckin balls, some two footed challenges on Kunt and Snake and general, GIRUY passion on the night.

14 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Ibrox & the suicidal, naive tactics. 
The Tannadice shitshow. 
Pittodrie 8-0-2 against Tims.  
The pathetic tactics & surrender at Easter Road with 10 men. 
The first half hour v Livi (could’ve been 0-4).  
Motherwell at Pittodrie.

That’s 6 of the 16 league games.

Far too many tactical fuck ups.

The evidence against him is getting indefensible almost. 

Yeah, and that's on top of his altogether questionable management decision to tell half the squad they were getting released or not renewing their contracts when he arrived, setting a tone which had us a couple of games away from being in a relegation dog fight. Oh and add in the comments about Porteous that handed him a ban, you could be mistaken for thinking the guy is way out of his depth at this level.

20 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

Think so, or know so?

I think, if he set up in exactly the same way tomorrow as he did Saturday, DC would have no option than to boot his ass out the door. On that basis, I don't think he will and will blame the fans for forcing him into being more open and attack minded.

2 hours ago, milne_afc said:

Lose tomorrow and he’s out.

I very much doubt he will be sacked for losing to the the arse cheeks.
I was backing JG, but that farcical display at the weekend, fuck it, were are more than likely to get beat anyway, I'm not saying have a go, but at least try and press further up the park, we just sat back and watched them play in front of our goals for the full game, shame on celtic for only scoring the one goal, cunts.

Fuck knows how he will play tomorrow, I can see a variation of the same tactics.

Just now, Hagi's pubic hair said:

I was backing JG, but that farcical display at the weekend, fuck it, were are more than likely to get beat anyway, I'm not saying have a go, but at least try and press further up the park, we just sat back and watched them play in front of our goals for the full game, shame on celtic for only scoring the one goal, cunts.

Fuck knows how he will play tomorrow, I can see a variation of the same tactics.

It wouldn't just be for losing tomorrow though

There is an alarming pattern now with him and sharp

They were a mistake 

You neednto think about the likes of Duk and others too

How are they going to be feeling about a manager who approaches matches like we did at the weekend?

5 minutes ago, Millertime said:

They were a mistake 

How are they going to be feeling about a manager who approaches matches like we did at the weekend?

I'm beginning to agree with this, he seems to be out his depth much like Glass.
Tbh I would rather he found away to resolve the issues, but going by his recent interview, his arrogance will blind him.

And thats a great point on the how the players view him after that shite performance.

24 minutes ago, Hagi's pubic hair said:

I think some folk have lost sight of the actual tactics he deployed on Saturday. Pressing is a modern style of play to close down defenders by strikers and midfielders. We aren't even looking for that. Just a solid 4-4-2 or a 3-5-2. You don't even need a press. But to set up in essentially a 8-0-2 and allow Celtic's defenders to take the ball from their keeper and jog with it to the half way line, without so much as an Aberdeen player approaching them, is a whole new dimension in negativity.

A press is fine if you have the quality and pace - we're not Liverpool... I doubt very much we'd compete with better ball players that the like of huns and tims have at their disposal. So just keep it sensible, like we've done all season long at home.

The problem is, neither Goodwin or his coaching staff seem capable of figuring out what's required with the players he has available. Almost like he hit the reset button during the World Cup after reviewing why we were losing so much away from home, but took this new found philosophy into how he'd play against the cheeks at Pittodrie. Expect more 8-0-2 formations at an away ground near you!!

I’m so pissed off with Saturday’s woeful tactics and the drivel that he has spoken since then, like some others, I’ve gone from sitting on the fence about Goodwin to GTF Goodwin in a very short space. I was overjoyed when McInnes finally left (and I feel like I need a good wash for thinking this) but right now I’d prefer McInnes to be in charge rather than Goodwin, that’s how grim I’m feeling right now.

29 minutes ago, Itsagoal said:

I’m so pissed off with Saturday’s woeful tactics and the drivel that he has spoken since then, like some others, I’ve gone from sitting on the fence about Goodwin to GTF Goodwin in a very short space. I was overjoyed when McInnes finally left (and I feel like I need a good wash for thinking this) but right now I’d prefer McInnes to be in charge rather than Goodwin, that’s how grim I’m feeling right now.

Interesting. 

Would it be worth a poll on the Hat?

Reckon the mood re Goodwin could darken further come the end of tomorrow night.

58 minutes ago, Millertime said:

They were a mistake 

A massive concern. Goodwin very clearly showed a lack of belief in his own players. What must they be thinking? How does he now get them believing that they can beat Sevco? Or once again, does he not actually believe that himself? 

Anyway, I suppose I shouldn’t be saying anything. I’m just a random stranger that Goodwin’s never met before. 

• Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Interesting. 

Would it be worth a poll on the Hat?

Reckon the mood re Goodwin could darken further come the end of tomorrow night.

I'd like to see a poll of what was worse - the shambolic tactics against Sevco last time, or the embarrassingly defensive nonsense against Celtic on Saturday. I'm struggling to decide myself. 

1 hour ago, Hagi's pubic hair said:

I'm beginning to agree with this, he seems to be out his depth much like Glass.
Tbh I would rather he found away to resolve the issues, but going by his recent interview, his arrogance will blind him.

And thats a great point on the how the players view him after that shite performance.

Thing is, the one place Glass didn't look out of his depth was against the Glasgow teams. We matched the rangers a number of times (should have beaten them actually), and were not far off Celtic. 

Can we have Glass back, but just for those games?

• Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

I'd like to see a poll of what was worse - the shambolic tactics against Sevco last time, or the embarrassingly defensive nonsense against Celtic on Saturday. I'm struggling to decide myself. 

I can live with what happened at Ibrokes. At least there was intent there. And we did hold the lead, albeit briefly. 

I'd imagine nearly if not actually 100% would say Saturday was worse if you did fire a poll up

13 hours ago, CCB III said:

https://www.aberdeenlive.news/sport/football/jim-goodwin-responds-aberdeen-criticism-7946465

"That's absolutely fine, the fans pay good money to come and support their team and if they're not happy with what they've seen then they're fully entitled to express that opinion. The beauty of not being on social media is that I don't get to see any criticism.

"It doesn't concern me to be honest. I'm honest enough in my own assessment of my own performance as a manager and I don't need to be reading what random folk I've never met before think about my approach to the game."

Contradicts himself within two seconds. 

Talks about getting shagged at Ibrox and the "plaudits" we got for having a go. Then goes on to say "you're damned if you do, damned if you don't". 

What's with his binary thinking? Why is it either defend on the goal line or gee it laldy? 

Good managers are able to strike a balance and find ways to hurt teams that are better than them. I don't think he's a good manager. 

St.Mirren mentality at AFC. Pathetic. 

"I don't need to be seeing what random folk I've never met are saying about how I set up the team" 

You mean, the paying supporter? 

In the name of fuck, that's absolutely horrendous.

I've backed Goodwin unconditionally up until the end of Saturdays game, where his excruciating approach to the match lost him a large chunk of goodwill.

For him to come away with inane shite like that, while being disrespectful to the people paying his wages at the same time means he can forget any benefit of the doubt from this point forward. And he has had plenty of that thus far.

Many I know, and I'm sure a huge amount of others now, will be feeling the same way.

Well done for alienating those who will ultimately decide whether you are allowed to continue in your position.

How dare you deflect from your own catastrophic brain fart tactics, by turning that around to criticise fans clearly justifiably unhappy with what the absolute disgrace they witnessed and paid for.

You stupid cunt..

• Upvote 4
8 hours ago, afc_blockhead said:

Nice comeback window licker

Every post you make on this site shows you up as thick

50+ years of watching Aberdeen.  It is truly staggering you are probably pushing 60 and have managed to have the same intelligence and insight as your average hun. 

You know when family and friends have abandoned you. Thats not bad luck. They just cant stand you any longer ...

When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. All the pain is felt by others. 

The same thing happens when you are stupid 

• Dildo 2