League (Premier Sports) Cup.

37 minutes ago, VinegarStrokes said:

Anyone know whits the craic with the official buses that the club run? I get there's a zero alcohol policy on the bus but is there a stop off halfway or is it a straight down then back up the road no hanging aboot job? Right pain in the hoop with no trains running

Buses seem to be leaving at 0930 so assuming they are getting down pretty early to get to a pub before the game seeing as it's a 3pm kick off? 

13 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Nowhere near it.

There are sections that haven’t been made available yet I don’t think.

The 6 sections nearest the scum support for example. 

Part of upper tier  are not presently on sale but if remaining ones in east and south stand, around 500, are sold then we will have first chance of them to utilise the ‘up to 20 k’

From AFC site there are no available sections in lower areas to be released.

17 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Part of upper tier  are not presently on sale but if remaining ones in east and south stand, around 500, are sold then we will have first chance of them to utilise the ‘up to 20 k’

From AFC site there are no available sections in lower areas to be released.

Read differently on Twitter.

Hope all 20k go.

I’d be very pleasantly surprised if they did. 

7 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I’d read the 6 sections nearest the Huns aren’t yet on sale. 
That’s a good few thousand for starters. 
About 40% of the East stand not yet on sale. 

Aye but the points threshold is still pretty high, something like 200 loyalty points. 

I think we'll get close to selling the full 20k. There's still 2 months before the game and tickets have only been on sale for 2 days. 

5 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye but the points threshold is still pretty high, something like 200 loyalty points. 

I think we'll get close to selling the full 20k. There's still 2 months before the game and tickets have only been on sale for 2 days. 

The 200 point threshold was only for Monday, it's a general sale now so you just need a buying history to purchase.

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Pretty poor sales IMO.

I did think we’d never shift 20,000 & I said at the time we’d sell about 14,000.

It does seem ridiculously early for the SPFL to give a deadline of 6 December when the game over 5 weeks after that.

Lots of people might be waiting until after Xmas to spend their cash so agree its a bit poor timing wise. 

Ive got mine though so thats the main thing. 

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Pretty poor sales IMO.

I did think we’d never shift 20,000 & I said at the time we’d sell about 14,000.

It does seem ridiculously early for the SPFL to give a deadline of 6 December when the game over 5 weeks after that.

I really don't agree that it's poor sales.  It's already more than we took to the 2018 semi final against them.  Also given our atrocious performance against them recently, general poor form away from Pittodrie, cost of living pressures and problems regarding train travel on the day I'm actually surprised we've sold so many.

I agree with your point regarding the SPFL deadline - no need for that so far in advance, just them caving to the huns as usual.

1 hour ago, DandyWarhol said:

I really don't agree that it's poor sales.  It's already more than we took to the 2018 semi final against them.  Also given our atrocious performance against them recently, general poor form away from Pittodrie, cost of living pressures and problems regarding train travel on the day I'm actually surprised we've sold so many.

I agree with your point regarding the SPFL deadline - no need for that so far in advance, just them caving to the huns as usual.

I reckon we’ll end up returning about 6,000 and give up about four of the sections in the East stand. 

22 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Pretty poor sales IMO.

It's not poor sales at all, its fairly par for the course. We don't have a semi final support of 20,000 and never have.

Look at what we have taken to past semi finals. Off the top of my head I think we took the most to the D United Semi where we got beat 2-1, then the Hibs semi (2012). The Morton semi was only about 10k. I remember a Scottish Cup semi v Celtic with around 6 or 7k!. 

Looks like they’ve stopped selling tickets in the East Stand (four sections remain empty, so they might not be made available & end up in scum hands).

We have about 600 tickets left in the South Stand, the expensive seats.

It might be we’ve been told not to open up any more sections of the East, until we’ve shifted the expensive South Stand seats (which I doubt will happen). 

The SPFL imposed a deadline of tomorrow or tickets would need returning, even though we’re just under 6 weeks from the game. 

5 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Looks like they’ve stopped selling tickets in the East Stand (four sections remain empty, so they might not be made available & end up in scum hands).

We have about 600 tickets left in the South Stand, the expensive seats.

It might be we’ve been told not to open up any more sections of the East, until we’ve shifted the expensive South Stand seats (which I doubt will happen). 

The SPFL imposed a deadline of tomorrow or tickets would need returning, even though we’re just under 6 weeks from the game. 

How many weeks were they on sale to us for?