Ramadani joins Lecce for undisclosed fee

8 hours ago, perthshirered said:

I don't think Lecce would pay that much, or as much as we would want, so I don't see it happening. I like him as a player but I don't think he'd be overly difficult to replace. But if the way the club sets itself up works, in terms of buying with a view to moving on at profit, then his replacement should already be identified.

True 

Just seems too seamless just now, almost too good to be true haha

1 hour ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

how the fuck did we get 3 and a half years of Kenny McLean and nobody came in for him? Bizarre to have lost him for 200k at the end when we are now raking in millions for likes of mccrorie

Thought it was £500k. He had 6 months left on his contract, and Norwich loaned him back to us for those 6 months. I still think it's bizarre we got anything at all for him - they could have signed him on a pre contract. 

1 hour ago, 4n4LprObE666 said:

Good luck Ylber

Why, is he going for his driving test?, 1 random on Twitter that when you click into him the page isn’t available, same guy that then says we are inteeested in hagi, then all of a sudden Lecce want hagi and ramadani, does this not look like 2 stories are getting mixed up then conflated on here as if it’s true?.

utter pish, I can bank on ramadani not going anywhere near Lecce and for the club not to know anything about him and this said deal that’s almost complete.

9 minutes ago, Snelders Snottters 89 said:

Fuck rama he's over rated anyway no pace, pish at shooting & crossing and without shinnie he's even worse.

Imagine slagging your own player cause some random said he was fucking off, some loyalty eh?.

here a guy from Israel, Mustafa said that Robson is off to manage al ahli done deal?, fucking ginger wanker eh

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1
3 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Have said before, he’s far from the best midfielder we’ve had in recent years…. But it would be a blow to lose him this summer. He was settling in well alongside Shinnie. Think they could have a good season this year. 

Would Ramadani be hard to replace? Seen the good and the bad from. Personally think take the money. Good bit of business*

Obviously that comes with him being properly replaced*

• Upvote 2

Decent player at our level, good worker and an important player last season due to the midfield area being left woefully short of reinforcements.  Could have used a rest sometimes to recharge his batteries but we were rarely in a position to give him one. 

We'd need a couple of central midfield replacements if he moved on especially with the uncertainties around Barron and Polvara. We certainly couldn't start the season with Shinnie, Clarkson, Barron and Polvara being our only central midfielders, a lot of risk in there. 

9 hours ago, G31DON said:

Murray Davidson coaxed out of retirement with mega bucks 1 year deal. 

Thank fuck Murray Davidson has retired.

He spent his early career injuring everyone with an ounce of talent and the rest injured himself.

I assume he has retired into a zoo with all the other animals. It's the best place for him.

• Haha 2
59 minutes ago, RAZOR said:

Would Ramadani be hard to replace? Seen the good and the bad from. Personally think take the money. Good bit of business*

Obviously that comes with him being properly replaced*

The good Ramadani can be an 7 to 8/10 player, however the bad Ramadani, whereby the game passes him by, is a 4/10 player at best.

Personally, I would like to keep him as he could learn a lot more playing alongside Graeme Shinnie and it was no surprise or coincidence Ramadani was a better player when Shinnie returned on loan.

However, if Lecce are genuinely interested and pay his market value (circa. £1.3 million) and we can get the lad Teklic in from Nk Varazdin to fill the void, it would be a very good deal all round.

2 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Wonder if Miovski will want away if Ramadani goes 🤔 they’re pretty close mates aren’t they. Some might even say they only came to Aberdeen because they heard we used to sign players in a closet 🤔

The media stirred unfounded shite (no surprises there) about Miovski being allegedly tracked by Reims back in January and that a bid of around £2 million was imminent.

The media love trying to destabilise our club so won't believe a word of what they say this summer regarding Miovski being a transfer target.

• Dildo 1
27 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

The good Ramadani can be an 7 to 8/10 player, however the bad Ramadani, whereby the game passes him by, is a 4/10 player at best.

Personally, I would like to keep him as he could learn a lot more playing alongside Graeme Shinnie and it was no surprise or coincidence Ramadani was a better player when Shinnie returned on loan.

However, if Lecce are genuinely interested and pay his market value (circa. £1.3 million) and we can get the lad Teklic in from Nk Varazdin to fill the void, it would be a very good deal all round.

Disagree with the first part, I think people are forgetting that in the first part of the season he was the one doing all the work, Clarkson didn't get stuck in until Robson put him a bit deeper and brought that side of the game out of him.

He benefitted from Shinnie for sure but that's because he had someone else doing work next to him, the pair then allowed Clarkson to do his thing, although for me Ramadani's best performance was the 2nd half against Rangers up here.

I also don't think Teklic is a like for like switch with Ramadani, signing him and play him, Clarkson and Shinnie we'll find that the midfield is unbalanced and Shinnie is then left quite exposed.

• Upvote 3

Ramadani is a hard worker, who along with Shinnie, allows Clarkson to flourish. If Connor Barron knuckles down and works hard and fulfils his potential he will turn out a better player than Ramadani. He covers a lot of ground and would learn from Shinnie. We would still need another quality defensive type midfielder, plus I think a central attacking midfielder to give us that option. I'd fancy our chances at finding someone as good as Ramadani for under half a million, much more than finding a replacement for the likes of Duk or Miovski for that price. If we get offered anything over £1m I would imagine he'll be allowed to go.

28 minutes ago, minijc said:

Disagree with the first part, I think people are forgetting that in the first part of the season he was the one doing all the work, Clarkson didn't get stuck in until Robson put him a bit deeper and brought that side of the game out of him.

He benefitted from Shinnie for sure but that's because he had someone else doing work next to him, the pair then allowed Clarkson to do his thing, although for me Ramadani's best performance was the 2nd half against Rangers up here.

I also don't think Teklic is a like for like switch with Ramadani, signing him and play him, Clarkson and Shinnie we'll find that the midfield is unbalanced and Shinnie is then left quite exposed.

That's a fair summary min. 

I fully agree that Ramadani's best performance for us was against the filth in the game before the split. He also played well against them in the game five days before Christmas.

When I first seen him play in the league against the tims last July, he played well and thought we have a very good player on our hands here. One of his passes in the first half to set up Miovski was pure class

He's definitely got the skillset required to be a success at AFC and would rather he stayed than not. The boy Teklic seems to be a playmaker rather than a fearless, tough tackling midfielder like Ramadani, and that would equate to an imbalance, like you say,but I may be wrong.

How things stand currently personnel-wise in the middle of the park I would be delighted with for next season.