Bojan Miovski

Seeing as Bojan hit the 20 goals for the season mark last night, we've still got a minimum 16 games to go, and I'm bored off my tits at work today, thought I'd look back on previous seasons when our top scorer hit the net more than 25 times.  Let's see if Bojan can get in about or even beat some of this lot:

Harper   | 76-77 | 30

Harper   | 77-78 | 27

Harper   | 78-79 | 32

McGhee | 82-83 | 27

Shearer  | 92-93 | 27

Shearer  | 93-94 | 26

Rooney  | 14-15 | 28

11 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

Seeing as Bojan hit the 20 goals for the season mark last night, we've still got a minimum 16 games to go, and I'm bored off my tits at work today, thought I'd look back on previous seasons when our top scorer hit the net more than 25 times.  Let's see if Bojan can get in about or even beat some of this lot:

Harper   | 76-77 | 30

Harper   | 77-78 | 27

Harper   | 78-79 | 32

McGhee | 82-83 | 27

Shearer  | 92-93 | 27

Shearer  | 93-94 | 26

Rooney  | 14-15 | 28

would be impressive if he got over 28 , match Harpers 32 wow !!

18 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

Harper   | 76-77 | 30

Harper   | 77-78 | 27

Harper   | 78-79 | 32

McGhee | 82-83 | 27

Shearer  | 92-93 | 27

Shearer  | 93-94 | 26

Rooney  | 14-15 | 28

Plus didn’t we play a crazy number of league games in the early to mid 90s? 44 or thereabouts? That will have helped Shearer’s stats. 

31 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

Harper   | 76-77 | 30

Harper   | 77-78 | 27

Harper   | 78-79 | 32

McGhee | 82-83 | 27

Shearer  | 92-93 | 27

Shearer  | 93-94 | 26

Rooney  | 14-15 | 28

You've went and forgot Nicky Maynard. Come on min.

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, sigh said:

Cheers.

I found the approved decision notice for the development

https://publicaccess.aberdeencity.gov.uk/online-applications/files/C41C595CA914E64D1205A32D39FFB268/pdf/170021_DPP-Decision_Notice-1638804.pdf

This is for both Phase 1 (Training pitches) and for Phase 2 (main stadium) - the decision notice states that development must start within 3 years of the approved date, which is fine for Phase 1  - but when does the planning consent run out for Phase 2, the stadium, concenr was granted in April 2018

Any planning experts care to comment?

The decision notice covers both phases.  So as soon as you start any works it is deemed as commenced.  Training ground being built means it won't ever expire.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, RabidGiraffe said:

Harper   | 76-77 | 30

Harper   | 77-78 | 27

Harper   | 78-79 | 32

McGhee | 82-83 | 27

Shearer  | 92-93 | 27

Shearer  | 93-94 | 26

Rooney  | 14-15 | 28

13 more to become best ever?

In 16 games?

Realistically he could beat it then on Saturday

10 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

i think the biggest compliment we can pay Bojan is that when he announces he wants to leave we will struggle to justify saying “he’s shite anyway. I’ll drive him myself” which we managed to say about so many who have left and been replaced with shite

Hmm

Dunno

Far too "gummy" when he smiles

Good riddance to that, I say 

• Haha 2
4 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

I'd like Warnock to come out and say something similar.

"If Bojan was playing down south we'd be talking about £20m for him" or similar.

It's clear by now he would be, and Warnock saying that would hold far more weight with interested teams than your typical Celtic/Rangers simpleton publicly saying we should accept £3-4m.

This also shows the importance of appointing a higher calibre of management. They add value to prospective player sales

22 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

i think the biggest compliment we can pay Bojan is that when he announces he wants to leave we will struggle to justify saying “he’s shite anyway. I’ll drive him myself” which we managed to say about so many who have left and been replaced with shite

Yep. Then, when they leave, we then bemoan their loss and importance to our side. 

Read online Brentford are going to sell Tonev in the summer. Maybe Bojan could be his replacement? Based on almost no research I think he could fit in well with them and they could shower us with readies for our new recruitment maestro to unearth Miovski mk2. 

39 minutes ago, elephantstone78 said:

Yep. Then, when they leave, we then bemoan their loss and importance to our side. 

Read online Brentford are going to sell Tonev in the summer. Maybe Bojan could be his replacement? Based on almost no research I think he could fit in well with them and they could shower us with readies for our new recruitment maestro to unearth Miovski mk2. 

My feeling re Miovski is he'd do better in a continental league however money probably talks and he'll no doubt chase the bucks.

Only thing I am certain about with Miovski is that one bid will start an avalanche of bids. I do genuinely believe he's that good. Any scout/recruitment team looking for a striker must have him on the radar.

1 hour ago, elephantstone78 said:

Too much research imo.

I'm in my late 30s and he has cemented himself as my favourite player ever for us, love the boy.

His numbers this season are outstanding, even moreso given how utterly awful we have been and how few chances we make for him, something people who don't have to watch us every week probably still don't appreciate about him.

Fantastic player and I would love the absolute fairytale of him winning the scottish cup for us before going for astronomical money. (There is a little part of me that will be excited to see what he does playing for a good team that dominates games and creates chances when he does leave because I think the sky is the limit for him!)

• Upvote 1

I hope he does surpass the 30 goal mark but in order to do so he's probably going to need to score a brace or two, or a hat-trick. Crazy to think he's yet to score a hat-trick for us. Both Goodwin and Robson had an annoying habit of substituting him with 15/20 mins left whenever he had scored 2 goals. 

6 minutes ago, Arild said:

I hope he does surpass the 30 goal mark but in order to do so he's probably going to need to score a brace or two, or a hat-trick. Crazy to think he's yet to score a hat-trick for us. Both Goodwin and Robson had an annoying habit of substituting him with 15/20 mins left whenever he had scored 2 goals. 

Was there not one game where he would have but he gave the penalty to Vinnie?

1 hour ago, Arild said:

He could score about 6 this weekend.

🫰

9 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

I’m sure a few players will be getting the preemptive ‘he’s pish’ treatment soon. 

16 hours ago, RabidGiraffe said:

Harper   | 76-77 | 30

Harper   | 77-78 | 27

Harper   | 78-79 | 32

McGhee | 82-83 | 27

Shearer  | 92-93 | 27

Shearer  | 93-94 | 26

Rooney  | 14-15 | 28

How many games was Harper playing in a season. As a young boy it was great going to watch him. Different eras etc but the size of the goals hasn't changed. Just scored goals for fun...and hardly an athlete 😉

• Upvote 1