Bojan Miovski

Just now, Don_Corleone said:

I think this is why we need to keep Duk if Miovski goes. Play Duk through the middle as our main no.9 and stick him on penalties and he's well capable of hitting 25 in a season.

Duk is never staying, madness to think otherwise, a player that won’t want to be here isn’t going to bang in 25 goals, regardless of talent, he wanted out in the summer, not a chance he will be gladly here next window.

Duk would be no use as our main number 9. He plays with his head down so couldn't bring others into the game and find space the way that Bojan (and other good 9's can). 

One of the main focuses should be to add a winger who can cross a ball. Amazing the difference it can make when you've got someone who can put balls into an area that defenders / keepers hate. 

Bojan has scored heaps for us when we've had literally no one giving him balls to attack from out wide. It's a miracle he has scored as much as he has. I think Sokler in particular would thrive off that sort of service (as he showed on Saturday) 

• Upvote 6
14 minutes ago, pocrawred said:

Tims will get idah for £5 million. Near double it for Bojan yih cnts....

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/idah-miovski-celtic-transfer-poser-32724031

It’s being discussed on Clyde Superscoreboard as we speak. To be fair,  the host, Gordon Duncan, has just told any listening Tims that £5m won’t cut it for Bojan.

• Upvote 1
On 4/26/2024 at 9:42 AM, JakieBastard said:

Duk would be no use as our main number 9. He plays with his head down so couldn't bring others into the game and find space the way that Bojan (and other good 9's can). 

One of the main focuses should be to add a winger who can cross a ball. Amazing the difference it can make when you've got someone who can put balls into an area that defenders / keepers hate. 

Bojan has scored heaps for us when we've had literally no one giving him balls to attack from out wide. It's a miracle he has scored as much as he has. I think Sokler in particular would thrive off that sort of service (as he showed on Saturday) 

If Duk stays for July - January and plays as our central striker he'll do absolutely fine

Be interested to hear your opinion on this @Millertime

Pundit Mark Wilson in record saying it will take £5m for Celtic to make Adam Idah signing permanent from Norwich but he reckons they could get Miovski (he says a better option) for same price, or even less. 

Do you agree with him & actually believe (firstly) that Miovski is only worth as little as that & (secondly) that Aberdeen would even consider selling him (especially to Celtic) for as little as that?

For one thing (imo) Celtic will have to pay more than any club from an actual big league (if) any do show an active interest (which they will) both because Aberdeen will want to sell him outwith Scottish football preferably, for many reasons but not least for far better sell on options & also the fact that Miovski himself will want to move to any actual decent league next rather than Celtic.

It’s crazy that anyone in Scottish football believes that either arse cheek can get him so cheap in first place but if they really do want him they are going to have to pay ‘more’ than a club outside of Scottish football will.

9 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Be interested to hear your opinion on this @Millertime

Pundit Mark Wilson in record saying it will take £5m for Celtic to make Adam Idah signing permanent from Norwich but he reckons they could get Miovski (he says a better option) for same price, or even less. 

Do you agree with him & actually believe (firstly) that Miovski is only worth as little as that & (secondly) that Aberdeen would even consider selling him (especially to Celtic) for as little as that?

For one thing (imo) Celtic will have to pay more than any club from an actual big league (if) any do show an active interest (which they will) both because Aberdeen will want to sell him outwith Scottish football preferably, for many reasons but not least for far better sell on options & also the fact that Miovski himself will want to move to any actual decent league next rather than Celtic.

It’s crazy that anyone in Scottish football believes that either arse cheek can get him so cheap in first place but if they really do want him they are going to have to pay ‘more’ than a club outside of Scottish football will.

Miovski is better than Idah, there's not a conversation to be had there.

Aberdeen wouldn't sell to Celtic, Miovski wouldn't want to go to Celtic and even if neither of those were true we wouldn't let Celtic take him for less than £10m.

I've been heavily critical of our shambles of a club for many years now but one thing that us and most other SPFL teams seem to have developed is a bit of a backbone when it comes to selling to the ugly sisters. We can't help players leaving for them at the end of their contracts but their not nicking players for paltry sums anymore.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

Had a couple of poor misses yesterday, particularly that one in 2nd half when he dithered llike a gype instead of, well, kicking into the net.

Merely an observation, and in no way a critisicm. Of course.

It could be a criticism and a valid one. I for one despaired at that particular miss.

Strikers are judged primarily on the goals they score, and secondly on their assists, movement and link up play. 

Miovski has been lacking in the former of late in my opinion. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

Had a couple of poor misses yesterday, particularly that one in 2nd half when he dithered llike a gype instead of, well, kicking into the net.

Merely an observation, and in no way a critisicm. Of course.

Miovski should have scored that chance , but McGrath also dithered , taking far too long to play a fairly simple pass. 

1 hour ago, King Street Loon said:

It could be a criticism and a valid one. I for one despaired at that particular miss.

Strikers are judged primarily on the goals they score, and secondly on their assists, movement and link up play. 

Miovski has been lacking in the former of late in my opinion. 

Probably because his mind is elsewhere, like the new job he'll have after summer..

Superscoreboard panellists have been speculating for a wee while now about Miovski to Celtic. 

Initially they reckoned about £3m would be enough to land him. In the past week or so, it crept up to a question of "Who would Celtic be better off spending £5m on......Idah permanently or Miovski?" 100% of the pundits agreed Miovski would be the better purchase. The debate started again pre yesterday's kick-offs but Gordon Duncan interjected that he had been told by someone "he trusts" that it would take a fair bit more than £5m for Aberdeen to sell Miovski to anyone.

If anyone had bothered doing the slightest bit of research they could have found out ages ago about Burrows stating at least twice that we had turned down £6m last summer.

It's quite simple. It's not in the club's interest to sell to Celtic even if they offered £20 million for Miovski... We'd get the sell on clause for where he went to next but Celtic would get the sell on clause for where he went to after that. Not only that they get our best striker in decades. Why would we do that ? Makes no sense at all. The Fergie model is absolutely where it's at. Sell to a club who have experience in developing a player further and selling on at a higher value. I can't see us ever selling a player to the arsecheeks again and I'd certainly hope we'd never sign one of their players on loan again given how that's also a win win for them...

43 minutes ago, Redtillimdead said:

Miovski will go to a club in England for 10 million plus, the bigot brothers can not afford him. 

Would absolutely detest seeing him running out in either of those horrible clubs colours. 🤞

Think he’ll go to Italy for around £8 million. Not only can they not afford him I doubt he’d have any interest in joining either of the rancid cunts anyway