Bojan Miovski

1 hour ago, Ke1t said:

Also, I did a song since we're doing songs. 

When your team is shite and in real trouble

And you need a goal or three

Who's the man to save you?

Miovski

And when you've go no pace or wingers

And a real cunt of a referee

Who's the man to save us? 

Miovski

Miovski, Miovski, Miovski, Miovski

He's Carrying this shitshow

Miovski

Definitely a decent tune choice for him but lyrics could use some work

cunt referee works well though 

Just now, Frank Grimes said:

@aberdeen1970

Scott Booth ahead of Doddsy?

My early memories of Booth was that the cunt was always injured 

Scott Booth first time around was a class act.  Ended up in that Dortmund squad that along with Juventus were the best teams in Europe for a couple of years.

All subjective though. Different types of forwards are hard to rank. Doddsy might just about make my top 15 though, sorry min. 

2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

McDougall 

Archibald 

Black 

Gillhaus

Nicholas 

Miovski 

Shearer 

McGhee 

Booth 

Rooney 

Mixu 

Joey was past his best by the time I starred going. 

I would add Jess to that list too. Started as an out and out striker and was quality 

Edit. Apologies just clocked the post above re jess

1 hour ago, Simply Red said:

Glad to see mixu get a shout. Him and Shearer up top were brilliant. 

I played against Mixu in a pre season game back in the day. Admittedly, i was basically average to shite, but he was something else. Strong as fuck, quicker than he looked and technically good. Couldn’t get anywhere near him for the hour I played. 

3 minutes ago, donswin1983 said:

I played against Mixu in a pre season game back in the day. Admittedly, i was basically average to shite, but he was something else. Strong as fuck, quicker than he looked and technically good. Couldn’t get anywhere near him for the hour I played. 

He was a formidable unit. Defenders just bounced off him and like you say he was technically good.

• Upvote 1
11 hours ago, Ke1t said:

I think we also need to remember that guys like Gillhaus, Rooney, McDougall, Shearer, and Nicholas all had far superior player playing alongside them. Literally world class players providing service in some cases. 

Miovski is battling the odds and doing all the spadework himself in half his goals. 

The two against the cheeks you can barely say the assists were laying the goal on a plate. He still had massive amounts of work to do. 

Gillhaus had an attitude problem (later on) Rooney was not a brilliant outfield player, McDougall and Shearer were largely penalty box attackers, and Nicholas could be guaranteed to be standing with his hands on his hips when not directly involved. 

Miovski has an amazing attitude, his workrate is second to none, his first touch makes it look like he has velcro on his boots, and he is a top class finisher.  It's not just his goals, it's his all round ability and effort that puts him top of the heap for me. 

I love Miovski but you have to remember also that the standard of opposition has decreased significantly also. Shearer for example isn’t scoring that goal on Tuesday because the Huns actually had decent defenders.

I think Miovski is up there with shearer but Gillhaus and Jess (pre injury) were on another planet to both. 

10 minutes ago, alscotoz said:

I think McGhee's ability is being underplayed. He was an all-rounder a la Bojan. Very, very good player

One of the pivotal reasons we were so succesful in the early 80's was Mark McGhee. His ability to hold the ball in the box, bully defenders, and then either get a shot away or find a colleague was second to none. I suggest that anyone who doubts his ability should watch some of the highlights of our big games from the 80's. He was outstanding.

His reputation has been sullied amongst younger fans because he's, well....a cunt.....but aside from that he'll always be a hero because he's one of the Gothenburg greats. 

And one of the greatest strikers to play for the club. 

• Upvote 6
1 hour ago, RUL said:

I love Miovski but you have to remember also that the standard of opposition has decreased significantly also. Shearer for example isn’t scoring that goal on Tuesday because the Huns actually had decent defenders.

I think Miovski is up there with shearer but Gillhaus and Jess (pre injury) were on another planet to both. 

Aye the  Liam Brady and Lou macari Celtic sides of were probably the poorest I've seen in my lifetime,

However the Huns had a good defence 

1 hour ago, ericblack4boss said:

Aye the  Liam Brady and Lou macari Celtic sides of were probably the poorest I've seen in my lifetime,

However the Huns had a good defence 

The current Celtic team aren't up to much. Neither was Ronny Deila's.