Bojan Miovski

On 4/24/2024 at 12:13 PM, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Modern day Steve Archibald

But without the new stand to show for it.

If we get £8m surely they could build a wee stand for youth and women's games as they've spoken about for Cormack

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Millertime said:

Thats a facile analogy though,  isn't it?

If he played for celtic or "rangers" he would be getting a higher salary and he would be playing in a higher level in Europe

That's why they get more for their players than we do

Common sense 

That doesn’t define a players quality.

In fact if anything, it makes them look better than they really are.

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, Millertime said:

Thats a facile analogy though,  isn't it?

If he played for celtic or "rangers" he would be getting a higher salary and he would be playing in a higher level in Europe

That's why they get more for their players than we do

Common sense 

So how much is Miovski worth? What do you think we will get for him?

47 minutes ago, RDS said:

You don't think folk going to watch youths deserve some shelter or youths deserve more support? Or anti womans team?

We absolutely should not spend any money on the women’s team that could be used on the first team men’s squad or repairing the stadium etc

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, Schapenneuker said:

That's all true, but it's still the case that players that play for Scottish clubs are seriously undervalued. 

They're not tested at a good enough level to warrant more, in my opinion

We got 4.7m for Ramsay, surely that's actually over the odds

39 minutes ago, Millertime said:

It’s easy to see the fees we are used to up here and think that.

But look at the fees EPL clubs pay and keep in mind Liverpool believed they were buying a prospect who might or might not develop into a player for them and they were happy paying that fee.

Its nothing to them, a pittance really.

49 minutes ago, Millertime said:

We got £4.2m for Calvin Ramsay, which could go up to approx. £8m based on appearances for the first LFC XI, Scotland caps, etc. all being well, which unfortunately isn't the case.

23 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

We got £4.2m for Calvin Ramsay, which could go up to approx. £8m based on appearances for the first LFC XI, Scotland caps, etc. all being well, which unfortunately isn't the case.

Yep

Over the odds, as I say

Just now, Footballs coming Rome said:

Needs to sign a new contract if he stays. Will have fuck all resale value if we keep him for another season. 

Sure - Not convinced his re-sale would be F-All, though, however it's a consideration, and why I referenced DC digging deep

How much would that alone be worth in ST sales, alone

Looooong shot, but lets not give up just yet.....

Just now, NorfolkDandy said:

Sure - Not convinced his re-sale would be F-All, though, however it's a consideration, and why I referenced DC digging deep

Not much I expect. Can’t see people suddenly buying season tickets that wouldn’t normally if he stays. It may convince some fence sitters but I think most will want to see what other changes will happen first.

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

No chance he'll be with us come August, unfortunately. 

It is unfortunate, he’s been fantastic but hopefully the money will go a good way to fixing the problems in the squad and we can become a better team overall. 

It’s infuriating that we can have a player of that quality and pretty much waste the potential of qualifying for Europe or winning a cup.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, NorfolkDandy said:

Teams won’t bid for him in his last year of his contract knowing they can offer him big wages on a bosman. We either sell him this summer or he signs a new contract this summer to have him another season. 

1 minute ago, Footballs coming Rome said:

Teams won’t bid for him in his last year of his contract knowing they can offer him big wages on a bosman. We either sell him this summer or he signs a new contract this summer to have him another season. 

I'm not disagreeing

What I am 'suggesting' is DC digs deep = Extension, Increase, Valuation set

6 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

It is unfortunate, he’s been fantastic but hopefully the money will go a good way to fixing the problems in the squad and we can become a better team overall. 

It’s infuriating that we can have a player of that quality and pretty much waste the potential of qualifying for Europe or winning a cup.

Yeah. A competently assembled and managed squad, added to a top quality match winner like Bojan, and we'd have had the potential to do something pretty special this season. 

28 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Yeah. A competently assembled and managed squad, added to a top quality match winner like Bojan, and we'd have had the potential to do something pretty special this season. 

Bojan is the best striker we’ve had since Gilhaus 30 years ago.

Replacing him as an individual will be well nigh impossible.

The chances of us finding a 25 goal a season striker for £500k-£750k is a big ask.

But, with good recruitment we could be a better team overall. 

• Upvote 2
26 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The chances of us finding a 25 goal a season striker for £500k-£750k is a big ask.

Bojan is likely irreplaceable, but what we can do is improve the rest of the squad so that Sokler and the guys currently on loan can benefit from an increased number of chances. 

If we have this season's side providing opportunities for lesser strikers next season then it's another Bottom Six A-Go-Go.

• Upvote 1
11 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I think this is why we need to keep Duk if Miovski goes. Play Duk through the middle as our main no.9 and stick him on penalties and he's well capable of hitting 25 in a season.