Kelle Roos

I do not understand the hate this guy gets. He's continental so he does the punching clear thing which isn't the norm for us but he does a fundamentally good job. He's certainly pulled off a heap of good saves over the games. 

Only thing I think he's suspect on - and I don't get why this seems to be the case still with keepers - but his kicking out is absolutely erratic at times.

5 minutes ago, a don in oz said:

I do not understand the hate this guy gets. He's continental so he does the punching clear thing which isn't the norm for us but he does a fundamentally good job. He's certainly pulled off a heap of good saves over the games. 

Only thing I think he's suspect on - and I don't get why this seems to be the case still with keepers - but his kicking out is absolutely erratic at times.

What hate?

11 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Better than Kjaer? 

Better than Lewis' first 3-4 seasons?

He's certainly been more than decent since he returned from injury but I think he's got a fair bit to do to overtake those 2 yet

Leighton second spell as well

12 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Better than Kjaer? 

Better than Lewis' first 3-4 seasons?

He's certainly been more than decent since he returned from injury but I think he's got a fair bit to do to overtake those 2 yet

The mistake you've made here is engaging with that particular poster

Absolute torture 

• Haha 1
On 5/11/2023 at 1:51 PM, Don_Corleone said:

I think we need to bring in another keeper who will challenge him next season, but the way he's played since he came back from injury I'd be happy with him in the sticks next season. He's made some great saves and seems to work well with the defensive unit we've got. 

Aye it'll be interesting to see what happens with the keepers this summer.

I'm still expecting Joe Lewis to move on. Which poster was it again that's betting with me on that?

Ritchie has another year but surely will be loaned out for the season? 

1 minute ago, Andy_123 said:

Finding a number 2 who’s happy to be in that role but is actually good enough to contribute when required is hard to find.

Can’t think of many decent number 2’s we’ve had in recent years.

Joe Lewis and Neil Alexander then Joe Lewis and Cerny were of a very high standard after the disappointed of Brown/Collins post Danny Ward exit.

Probably struggling after that? Roos/Lewis was meant to be a strong combo but Lewis has been one of the worst goalies in the top flight since Covid really. He totally lost it in that long break.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Joe Lewis and Neil Alexander then Joe Lewis and Cerny were of a very high standard after the disappointed of Brown/Collins post Danny Ward exit.

Probably struggling after that? Roos/Lewis was meant to be a strong combo but Lewis has been one of the worst goalies in the top flight since Covid really. He totally lost it in that long break.

Cerny was who I thought of.  I'd forgotten about Alexander.  Didn't he leave in a bit of a huff because he thought he was going to be number 1 but failed to dislodge Lewis?

5 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

Cerny was who I thought of.  I'd forgotten about Alexander.  Didn't he leave in a bit of a huff because he thought he was going to be number 1 but failed to dislodge Lewis?

Not sure if it was quite a huff but the two of them were signed as no1 standard to battle for the spot and Lewis played every single game that season if i remember right

9 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

We should bring someone in to compete. 

I don't agree with this first, second, third choice mentality. We need guys that are going to stretch each other if we want to improve. We need a squad not just 11, everyone will play a part especially if we have group games in Europe. 

I'm sure Off the Ball did a bit a few years ago about back-up keepers, especially third choice keepers.  If I remember correctly the listeners threw in a couple of names of professionals who'd spent their whole career as second or third choice at various big clubs in Europe.  They'd had highly paid careers in football but only ever made a handful of first team appearances.

7 minutes ago, Russell said:

I guess Hearts are the perfect example this season of why you need two first team quality keepers. But then again fuck Hearts

We are the perfect example of why you need two first team quality goalkeepers.

Roos gets injured, Lewis takes his place and we concede 14 goals in 3 League games. Plus conceding a goal to a part time bricklayer.  

Not that it was entirely Joe’s fault but he should of done better for a lot of the goals we conceded 

2 hours ago, RabidGiraffe said:

I'm sure Off the Ball did a bit a few years ago about back-up keepers, especially third choice keepers.  If I remember correctly the listeners threw in a couple of names of professionals who'd spent their whole career as second or third choice at various big clubs in Europe.  They'd had highly paid careers in football but only ever made a handful of first team appearances.

Danny Ward only now making it as no.1

1 hour ago, Willo flood said:

We are the perfect example of why you need two first team quality goalkeepers.

Roos gets injured, Lewis takes his place and we concede 14 goals in 3 League games. Plus conceding a goal to a part time bricklayer.  

Not that it was entirely Joe’s fault but he should of done better for a lot of the goals we conceded 

I think he was maybe a full time bricklayer & part time footballer 🤔