Season Predictions 22/23

Genuinely believe we will have a good season this year , well to strip it back from even the last season & a half we will defo be better.

being a realist 3rd or 4th and at least 1 cup semi this season … being an optimist 2nd & a cup win.

Goodwin seems a lot more relaxed in his interviews compared to last season & confident . He has a steel like look in his eyes and has gladly got rid of a lot of the fairies amongst the team . Glad to see the club is thinking long term regarding signings . Think all the bed wetter’s will be pleasantly surprised by the end of the season

1 hour ago, Toondon said:

Genuinely believe we will have a good season this year , well to strip it back from even the last season & a half we will defo be better.

being a realist 3rd or 4th and at least 1 cup semi this season … being an optimist 2nd & a cup win.

Goodwin seems a lot more relaxed in his interviews compared to last season & confident . He has a steel like look in his eyes and has gladly got rid of a lot of the fairies amongst the team . Glad to see the club is thinking long term regarding signings . Think all the bed wetter’s will be pleasantly surprised by the end of the season

Love your optimism but 2nd? Which one of the 2 teams with the ability to spend tens of millions on transfer fees and who have both achieved a higher points total in each of the last 3 full seasons than we ever have in a season do you see us doing better than?

Hearts were no great shakes last season but with us having a complete rebuild of the side on our hands, one which I don't think it's possible to complete in only one transfer window, I think it will be difficult although not totally out of the question to overhaul them for 3rd place this season. 

In the circumstances, I'd take 4th which at least gets us back playing European football instead of League Cup group stages. If we can get 3rd, it's a bonus.

A cup semi final would be welcome too. Putting an arse cheek or an Edinburgh side out en-route so much the better.

After 1 game last season saw us as an excellent team though with obvious disconnects between midfield and defence.  I’ll wait until the next round of the league cups (after this group stage) before I make any thoughts the group stages are going to be as good a pointer as the Brecon game.  Have Peterhead managed to sign a goalie yet?

Based on all the knowledge (?) I have gleaned on here, we will finish 3rd.

I don't think a top half finish would cut it. I wonder if Cormack has given JG a target (Europe).

I'm optimistic partly based on how bad the rest of the league is and partly based on our recent recruitment.

Barron and Vinny will be great for us. Defence seems better. Miovski by most accounts looks a player.

The usual suspects still being linked as well.

COYR

Still have doubts over Goodwin but deserves a clean slate with his own players. We have overhauled so much players I see no excuse for not being back in Europe come the end of the season. I predict providing we get at least 1 quality creative player in the door we will finish 3rd. 

4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I think it's far too early to judge with any degree of accuracy. 

Most teams, including ourselves, have brought in relatively unknown quantities and there's still a lot of moving and shaking to happen before the end of August. 

Exactly.

The only exercise more futile than predicting how we'll get on in the League is predictions about the Cups when so much depends on the luck of the draw. 

1 hour ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Top 6 finish at the very least and throw in a semi final or two and I will take that for Goodwins first full season.

Bollocks to that. 
He’s had plenty time to asses the squad. Bin the shite

Replace with the biggest budget any manager has likely ever had for Aberdeen most likely. 

Cup is a lottery obviously but top 4 in league is the very minimum he should be achieving. First window or not.

Top 6 & a semi is the kind of targets shite teams in the league set & we should NEVER be setting that low level of ‘expectations’ ffs

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I think it's far too early to judge with any degree of accuracy. 

Most teams, including ourselves, have brought in relatively unknown quantities and there's still a lot of moving and shaking to happen before the end of August. 

Why even bother posting this? Like going out of your way to answer dont know on an opinion poll. Thin ice. 

2 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Bollocks to that. 
He’s had plenty time to asses the squad. Bin the shite

Replace with the biggest budget any manager has likely ever had for Aberdeen most likely. 

Cup is a lottery obviously but top 4 in league is the very minimum he should be achieving. First window or not.

Top 6 & a semi is the kind of targets shite teams in the league set & we should NEVER be setting that low level of ‘expectations’ ffs

Even if we do get a top 4 place, you will STILL be moaning like fuck I reckon ?

As things stand, top 6. We've nowhere near enough depth in the squad and there's little to no creativity.

We're well positioned to get through the League Cup Group Stage however and there's plenty of time to make significant additions ahead of the League season.

All going to plan there's no reason we can't go on to enjoy a top 3/4 finish with healthy cup runs on top.