Connor Ronan

Goodwin said today "He's (Ronan) away in Portugal with Wolves at the moment with the first team and doing very well I'm led to believe. He's well capable of catching the eye of the Wolverhampton manager to be honest with you and remaining part of their first team squad going forward. We've always got contingency plans in place if one thing doesn't happen for one reason or another."

I think we still really want Ronan so suspect that we will be patient on this one and wait until Wolves return from preseason at start of August. And see what the situation is then unless Lage makes a final decision one way or another before that. 

can some smart arse that likes english football confirm if he is a home grown player (EPL definition) for Wolves or not. 

Assuming he is then can some smart arse work out how many home grown players Wolves have. 

Cant be arsed to do it myself but im assuming they are really struggling for the 8(is it 8?) that they need.

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

can some smart arse that likes english football confirm if he is a home grown player (EPL definition) for Wolves or not. 

Assuming he is then can some smart arse work out how many home grown players Wolves have. 

Cant be arsed to do it myself but im assuming they are really struggling for the 8(is it 8?) that they need.

Too hard to make out yet as there loan players aren’t counted, like traore who has a loan move with option to buy etc, at the start of February they had 4 players that were considered homegrown not including ronan who was at st Mirren, ronan is classed as homegrown due to being born in Rochdale although and this is what makes it hard to tell, geography doesn’t make you homegrown, 3 years in the country apparently does so hard to tell.

they have even more foreign players like cutrone who was on loan as well, didn’t even make last years 25 squad 

All in all, ronan does qualify, they will have including him 6 home grown players and about 20 foreign, maximum squad of 25, 17 foreign allowed and 8 home grown, they need to buy folk that have been here for 3 years instead of buying foreign all the time. I can’t see this deal going through as he apparently has caught the eye, and they are hopelessly under the target of home grown.

1 hour ago, Dons79 said:

Too hard to make out yet as there loan players aren’t counted, like traore who has a loan move with option to buy etc, at the start of February they had 4 players that were considered homegrown not including ronan who was at st Mirren, ronan is classed as homegrown due to being born in Rochdale although and this is what makes it hard to tell, geography doesn’t make you homegrown, 3 years in the country apparently does so hard to tell.

they have even more foreign players like cutrone who was on loan as well, didn’t even make last years 25 squad 

All in all, ronan does qualify, they will have including him 6 home grown players and about 20 foreign, maximum squad of 25, 17 foreign allowed and 8 home grown, they need to buy folk that have been here for 3 years instead of buying foreign all the time. I can’t see this deal going through as he apparently has caught the eye, and they are hopelessly under the target of home grown.

1 hour ago, Dons79 said:

AC95-EFF9-7754-4329-9-DEC-123-AAC59-B8-F

this is the list of there squad in January, HG means home grown, must have had to bulk up another 4 youth players in there 25 man squad while leaving out several foreigners 

Thanks for the detail. I had wondered if they needed to hang on to him until they managed to get 2 or 3 english (or nationalised english) players in the door.

When you get your head round this you start to understand why english players moving between english clubs carry horrendous fees/salary

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

When you get your head round this you start to understand why english players moving between english clubs carry horrendous fees/salary

Of course. The value is about doubled based on meeting the quota but not on ability.

Confuses their media who then can't understand why they don't hands down win the World Cup when they have the most expensive players.