Connor Ronan

3 minutes ago, cruickc2 said:

I’ve said it before and I have to say it again. You and R_J are definitely the same, there are just too many similarities between the shit that you continually post and what he posted. I ended up having had to block that idiot. I can’t seem to read any topic on here without coming across you posting utter pish and its usually just for the sake of posting something and nobody is even interested. Try going outside now and again and get a life, here’s a novel idea maybe try going to Pittodrie once in a while. Then you can maybe stop posting the pish you do about our new signings. 

Season ticket holder for 30 years... been to Pittodrie many, many, many times. Been happy with what i've seen so far this season, albeit against lower league opposition. Miovksi, Ramadani and Scales in particular have been good signings and Duk clearly has potential. The others are generally a bit meh although have to be an improvement on last season.

On 7/26/2022 at 2:11 PM, zeroisgod76 said:

I didn't say he was. I was replying to someone who said they reckoned Goodwin had realised the Ronan deal was a no go and so pushed through the Roberts deal. I basically said i'd be disappointed if we've missed out on Ronan and have decided Roberts is the next best available option, however i don't think this will be the case and Roberts will have been brought in as a squad player and we'll still be aiming to sign a higher quality player in the mould of Ronan.

Think it's wolves final pre season game on Saturday so we ll soon know

9 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Ronan started for Wolves yesterday and was their best player according to the below. Although does say it could be his last game for them as a decision on his future is imminent. Don't think he's done his chances of staying at Wolves much harm one way or the other.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/wolves-player-ratings-farense-hwang-24636084

He was the best player in both the games for their B team. But the issue for him is he hasn't even been given the chance to come on as a sub in the games for the top team.

It sounds like they might be happy to keep him as a squad player and back up incase they get a lot of injuries. But Connor is now 24 and has been out on loan for a number of seasons so is he happy to just play reserve games and sit on the bench for some first team games with an odd start here and there in the league cup?

I think he believes he is good enough to play for the wolves first team and that's why he was desperate to go on the preseason tour to try to showcase himself, impress the manager and try to get in the team.

The question is going to be as to whether he is happy to continue to just bide his time waiting in the hope he is finally given a chance, or is he going to say im not content with just sitting on bench or in the stand. if you are not going to play me I want to go somewhere I will play every week. 

• Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, JamieMT said:

Not for his position we haven't.

We need more at that position,  it there's no point complaining about the club putting all their eggs in one basket when they've had a really good window so far.

They just need to keep doing what they are doing and complete the job.

10 minutes ago, Helmet said:

We need more at that position,  it there's no point complaining about the club putting all their eggs in one basket when they've had a really good window so far.

They just need to keep doing what they are doing and complete the job.

So equally there's no point saying we've signed nine other eggs from different baskets when not one of them can play the position in question.

Roos; Coulson; Bates; Stewart; Richardson; Ramadani; Roberts; Lopes; Miovski, who of those can interchange with Ronan?

I didn't complain about the window, but an attacking creative midfield player is a position which has gone unaddressed for years and our manager has acknowledged the need to fill this position.

We've yet to sign Ronan, it's dragging on and while i agree we need more for that position, we've signed no alternatives and no other names are being mentioned.

2 minutes ago, JamieMT said:

So equally there's no point saying we've signed nine other eggs from different baskets when not one of them can play the position in question.

Roos; Coulson; Bates; Stewart; Richardson; Ramadani; Roberts; Lopes; Miovski, who of those can interchange with Ronan?

I didn't complain about the window, but an attacking creative midfield player is a position which has gone unaddressed for years and our manager has acknowledged the need to fill this position.

We've yet to sign Ronan, it's dragging on and while i agree we need more for that position, we've signed no alternatives and no other names are being mentioned.

There's every fucking reason to mention 9 other eggs. You can't sign a whole team in on swoop - it takes time.

Do you actually know we are only interested in Ronan for CM or is this all just based on assumptions and shit that you imagined?

Have some patience.

I don't lack patience. I don't know we're not interested in other players, i haven't heard any others linked and i do know we haven't signed Ronan. Who is the name which keeps coming up. If you know different, magic. But the other signings are irrelevant and at the end of the day this is a fans forum, i'm allowed to ask questions

4 minutes ago, JamieMT said:

I don't lack patience. I don't know we're not interested in other players, i haven't heard any others linked and i do know we haven't signed Ronan. Who is the name which keeps coming up. If you know different, magic. But the other signings are irrelevant and at the end of the day this is a fans forum, i'm allowed to ask questions

Ask away. But other cunts will respond.

Personally I'm not that bothered about who we've been "linked" to as the media and fans generally know fuck all about who we are chasing.

Theres not point decrying us only chasing Ronan when we don't know what's going on.

4 minutes ago, Helmet said:

Ask away. But other cunts will respond.

Personally I'm not that bothered about who we've been "linked" to as the media and fans generally know fuck all about who we are chasing.

Theres not point decrying us only chasing Ronan when we don't know what's going on.

There's no harm in asking questions. Doesn't matter how many i ask, how much sh*te i talk, none of it impacts AFC and their transfer business. But i am engaged, i care. Better that than apathy.

Lage is expected to take a decision on Ronan’s future swiftly after assessing him in pre-season. The midfielder could be kept around to supplement Wolves’ first choice midfield trio of Neves, Joao Moutinho and Leander Dendoncker.

"At the moment, no (I don't know),” said Ronan, when asked about his future. "I'm just taking each day as it comes. There's conversations to be had with the club to see where my future is going forward.

"I'm just happy to have had the chance. What used to get to me a little bit was when I came back from loans feeling like I'd done well and not getting that opportunity.

"I feel like now I've got that opportunity. If the gaffer chooses to send me on loan again or I'm not quite right for him, I can take that because I've had the chance to get in front of him.”

The next question receives a quick response. Do you want to stay? "One hundred per cent. That's the dream for every young lad growing up (to play in the Premier League). Just to be around it is a great experience but I want to stay at the football club, there's no doubt about that.”

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2022/08/02/connor-ronan-all-in-for-wolves-chance/

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/connor-ronan-wolves-transfer-lage-24638081