Leighton Clarkson

11 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

The opinion of Hearts fans is best ignored. They think they are the third biggest team in Scotland despite having more relegations than 3rd place finishes this past decade or so

In the past 50 years they've won 3 trophies and their average league position is between 6th and 7th.... they truly are the most deluded fanbase in the country. At least they can keep on boasting about their 3rd most season ticket sales in Scotland trophy.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
13 hours ago, davieb said:

"If Hearts had spent 7 figures on Clarkson, I'd be disappointed. Very little value for money to be had in buying players from the English market most of the time. 

If Aberdeen had spent 850k on Mersad Beslija, went into administration and been relegated twice in 6 years I would have been pretty disappointed too. 

• Haha 8

Some of the shite their fans are posting is mad, they are absolutely clueless on the strategy here and seem to be playing it off as luck.  They seem to think we've spent over a million on Clarkson, we haven't, they also think it's a large chunk of our budget/the European money, it isn't.

The positive thing with our change in transfer policy is that it's only 18months old, we've had a lot of success early on with it which gives me hope that we can only improve.  Yes we'll still sign some flops but overall I think we'll get more right than we get wrong, especially on the financial side of things.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 11
12 minutes ago, minijc said:

Some of the shite their fans are posting is mad, they are absolutely clueless on the strategy here and seem to be playing it off as luck.  They seem to think we've spent over a million on Clarkson, we haven't, they also think it's a large chunk of our budget/the European money, it isn't.

The positive thing with our change in transfer policy is that it's only 18months old, we've had a lot of success early on with it which gives me hope that we can only improve.  Yes we'll still sign some flops but overall I think we'll get more right than we get wrong, especially on the financial side of things.

I'd be inclined to challenge you on that. 

22 minutes ago, minijc said:

Its the same model as Celtic but on a smaller scale.

If we sign 10 players for £500k we will be hoping that even only one is a £5M player, 2 or 3 are maybe £3M and after that its ok if some are only Aberdeen level, and even its ok if a couple are duds.

Anything better is complete upside. If one player ends up being £8M or something then utterly brilliant