Leighton Clarkson

3 minutes ago, TerryMcDermott said:

I’d be shocked if we haven’t shelled out 7 figures. We’ve been burned in the past by large transfer fees but this is a no brainer. We’ve literally seen this kid do incredible things and it’s a sound investment. I’m still utterly shocked that we’ve pulled this one off. Biggest signing since Nicholas. Granted times (and Scottish football) has changed but it’s hard to overstate what a show of intent this is. Hats off to all at AFC. And hats off to Clarkson for believing in the club and what we’re trying to do. If he replicates his form over the next couple of seasons he’ll never buy a pint in Aberdeen again. 

Yup! Nae sure I agree with the biggest since CN point, but he is quality and will hopefully get better and better.

I maintain that he will shine even more if we get better players around him too, which I’m sure is the intent!  Great statement of intent from the club and heaps more to come I’ve the next few weeks!  Amazing that they got this done so quickly too. 
happy days all round. The fact I won the money at golf today for the 1st time since god was in shorts, was clearly a positive sign of good things to come 😂

3 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Well if Clarkson stays with us for the full 4 years, he'll qualify for Scotland under the residency rule I think. I hope he does both things in the fullness of time

Can someone from the Football Monitoring Board adopt him and get him qualified that way? 

The Hearts board is quite amusing, apparently we've spent half our transfer budget on one player that is similar to James McGrath and not as good as Stephen Kingsley! Were also spending a million a year on our main stand, so that must be all the dosh gone then?

"If Hearts had spent 7 figures on Clarkson, I'd be disappointed. Very little value for money to be had in buying players from the English market most of the time. 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, davieb said:

The Hearts board is quite amusing, apparently we've spent half our transfer budget on one player that is similar to James McGrath and not as good as Stephen Kingsley! Were also spending a million a year on our main stand, so that must be all the dosh gone then?

"If Hearts had spent 7 figures on Clarkson, I'd be disappointed. Very little value for money to be had in buying players from the English market most of the time. 

I can confirm that they know fuckall and their guessing just makes them look bitter, our WAR CHEST hasn't even taken a dent yet and there are plenty more to come.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 7
1 minute ago, davieb said:

I'm sure there are many financial experts on the Hearts board that know all the ins and outs of AFC's finances 😁 We don't know what the fee we paid was but maybe they all had their social media turned off last week when we sold McCrorie for a fee that will definitely exceed what we paid for Leighton. And let's face it whatever we paid for Clarkson it's an investment with an eye on selling him for a higher fee down the line. That's the model. Sort of what they were supposed to do with Souttar but instead they let his contract run out. Hopefully our days of letting that sort of thing happen are over. 

• Upvote 2
6 minutes ago, davieb said:

Hearts spending 7 figures LOL. 

"Aberdeen had agreed a deal with Liverpool last month to sign him on a permanent basis for a small six figure fee to be paid over the duration of his contract."

From the Record.

Burrows also confirming on Twitter that there is no link to the Ramsay deal. 

Incredible bit of business we've done. 

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Has Clarkson earned himself a decent song now?

I think so 

"Goodbye you filthy cunts.

You bought the league and you are fucking rabid cheating scum .

But now we have Leighton Clarkson.

We stood by the rules.....but it's you that are the fucking fools.

And now it is your time for you to die, you fucking reptilian bile.

We had joy, we had fun, we now have Leighton Clarkson....

And the Beale and his scum will soon be long gone."

(Sung in the rhythmical style of Terry Jacks.)

• Dildo 1

Absolutely buzzing. For it to be one of our first summer signings too is ideal, gives the fans a real good feel factor and hopefully makes it slightly easier to attract quality new players.

We could be looking back at Robson turning things around and getting us 3rd as pretty transformational for the club.

COYR

1 minute ago, Proud Dandy said:

Absolutely buzzing. For it to be one of our first summer signings too is ideal, gives the fans a real good feel factor and hopefully makes it slightly easier to attract quality new players.

We could be looking back at Robson turning things around and getting us 3rd as pretty transformational for the club.

COYR

Yeah but his stats in doing so 😕 & was it pretty? 🥱

30 minutes ago, davieb said:

Boiling whilst they get excited about Halkett and Boyce coming back from injury and hoping that the Australian duds they paid a fortune for suddenly turn into decent players 

Tinpot 

51 minutes ago, TerryMcDermott said:

I’d be shocked if we haven’t shelled out 7 figures. We’ve been burned in the past by large transfer fees but this is a no brainer. We’ve literally seen this kid do incredible things and it’s a sound investment. I’m still utterly shocked that we’ve pulled this one off. Biggest signing since Nicholas. Granted times (and Scottish football) has changed but it’s hard to overstate what a show of intent this is. Hats off to all at AFC. And hats off to Clarkson for believing in the club and what we’re trying to do. If he replicates his form over the next couple of seasons he’ll never buy a pint in Aberdeen again. 

Hans gillhaus

duncan shearer

eoin jess

Russel anderson

graeme shinnie

….to name a few….

Still, a great signing. No complaints. 

2 minutes ago, Robin Askwith said:

Boiling whilst they get excited about Halkett and Boyce coming back from injury and hoping that the Australian duds they paid a fortune for suddenly turn into decent players 

Tinpot 

Hearts crying about their injury problems is also tedious. They signed Boyce and Halkett both with a history of injuries and yet are shocked when they inevitably get injured. 

2 minutes ago, Robin Askwith said:

Tinpot 

They will be even more wank frenzied than us over Clarkson signing if they sign Ginnely 

36 minutes ago, davieb said:

Fuck the hun bastards.

• Haha 1
17 minutes ago, Robin Askwith said:

Tinpot 

Fancy not using that word,  "tinpot "?

The extreme irony is in it being extremely tinpot using it

• Upvote 1