Aberdeen 2 - 3 Motherwell

4 minutes ago, Harry's Double Shuffle said:

Is it not awfully depressing that the knives are out for our new goalie and our new central defender/captain after 3 games? Have we loaded up the squad with dross....again??? Time will tell, but I'm not confident. 

It's just a pretty typical reaction.  Supporters tend to accentuate the highs and the lows and make knee jerk reactions either way.  Some folk are knee jerking every game just now and we're only 3 league games in.  

Time for level heads now until we see how the team develops in the coming games.  I'd fully expect us to be inconsistent as a brand new team gets to know each other.   Even Celtic were inconsistent at the start of last season and they spent millions on new players.  Yeah we've spent a lot in comparison with other teams in the league but we've got a LOT of new players to settle in, that doesn't happen overnight.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

It's just a pretty typical reaction.  Supporters tend to accentuate the highs and the lows and make knee jerk reactions either way.  Some folk are knee jerking every game just now and we're only 3 league games in.  

Time for level heads now until we see how the team develops in the coming games.  I'd fully expect us to be inconsistent as a brand new team gets to know each other.   Even Celtic were inconsistent at the start of last season and they spent millions on new players.  Yeah we've spent a lot in comparison with other teams in the league but we've got a LOT of new players to settle in, that doesn't happen overnight.

Totally its def to early to start writing off players and the manager, A few more games and we will see how things transpire, It was a kick in the teeth tho as motherwell have proven a tough nut to crack for us 

5 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Neither did celtics LOT players settle in overnight .  But they went on to win the league.   How long is the wait for settling in, end of December or March next year.    The supporters will all be in ARI with burst ulcers. Comforting  the zimmer brigade left behind by mcinnes. 

Far too early for pant pishing but Goodwin knows for sure he will is going to judged a lot more harshly now than he was with that shit show in the second half of last season when it wasn't his team. He needs to realise very quickly that consistent defeats at home to the likes of Motherwell will cost him dearly. It's not acceptable to be losing a game at home to bang average shite like Motherwell when 2-1 up in the second half. 

I've said for several weeks now that we are short in defence and in midfield I think that was highlighted on Saturday. It's ridiculous that we are seemingly one injury away every week from having to put McCrorie into the defence he's like a 2022 version of Dominic Ball in that you don't know from game to game where he will play which won't help him. I suspect we may play 4-3-3 in a lot of games this season with McCrorie in there alongside two of Ramadani, Barron and Clarkson so we need adequate cover at the back so that McCrorie consistently plays in midfield where in my opinion he is most effective. 

Goodwin has my support and the players are still bedding in so no panic yet but there were some worrying signs on Saturday. I think we still need a couple of more experienced players and really need to ship out the players JG clearly doesn't want. Also it just seems like no matter what squad of players we have we seem to pick up injuries most weeks which is pretty  frustrating.

2 minutes ago, Shinniesta said:

Also it just seems like no matter what squad of players we have we seem to pick up injuries most weeks which is pretty  frustrating.

I thought our new facilities were meant to negate the kind of injuries we sustained so often the last few seasons, Am I right in thinking that two of them came from merely trying to kick the ball lol

4 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

If supporters are jerking their knee then no wonder they aren't happy.

I prefer to jerk the object next to my knee.

35 minutes ago, Shinniesta said:

Far too early for pant pishing but Goodwin knows for sure he will is going to judged a lot more harshly now than he was with that shit show in the second half of last season when it wasn't his team. He needs to realise very quickly that consistent defeats at home to the likes of Motherwell will cost him dearly. It's not acceptable to be losing a game at home to bang average shite like Motherwell when 2-1 up in the second half. 

I've said for several weeks now that we are short in defence and in midfield I think that was highlighted on Saturday. It's ridiculous that we are seemingly one injury away every week from having to put McCrorie into the defence he's like a 2022 version of Dominic Ball in that you don't know from game to game where he will play which won't help him. I suspect we may play 4-3-3 in a lot of games this season with McCrorie in there alongside two of Ramadani, Barron and Clarkson so we need adequate cover at the back so that McCrorie consistently plays in midfield where in my opinion he is most effective. 

Goodwin has my support and the players are still bedding in so no panic yet but there were some worrying signs on Saturday. I think we still need a couple of more experienced players and really need to ship out the players JG clearly doesn't want. Also it just seems like no matter what squad of players we have we seem to pick up injuries most weeks which is pretty  frustrating.

Good summary of the situation.

We desperately need to get McLennan and Watkins to fuck and bring in 2 defenders and a CM.

29 minutes ago, Helmet said:

Good summary of the situation.

We desperately need to get McLennan and Watkins to fuck and bring in 2 defenders and a CM.

Watkins, McLennan, Kennedy, and Ramirez all need to be moved along pronto. 

Though it's hard to argue with the cull o dogshit Goodwin already implemented. 

Edit: Also, let's try to salvage Bates as a player. 

2 hours ago, Ke1t said:

Watkins, McLennan, Kennedy, and Ramirez all need to be moved along pronto. 

Though it's hard to argue with the cull o dogshit Goodwin already implemented. 

Edit: Also, let's try to salvage Bates as a player. 

Agree re Bates....decent coaching will surely get decent performances from him...he's played at quite a high level.....Watkins looks clever at times, I wish he could get a decent run...#10 role a la Pawlett 2014/15 version? MacLennan can't be gone quick enough, and yes I'd have Kennedy out the door as well. This talk of "like a new signing" based on diddy cup trash is just wishful thinking. That free kick and the consequences were just tragic.  That leaves Ramirez....who knows whats going on there, looking more frozen out by the week.

6 minutes ago, Harry's Double Shuffle said:

Agree re Bates....decent coaching will surely get decent performances from him...he's played at quite a high level.....Watkins looks clever at times, I wish he could get a decent run...#10 role a la Pawlett 2014/15 version? MacLennan can't be gone quick enough, and yes I'd have Kennedy out the door as well. This talk of "like a new signing" based on diddy cup trash is just wishful thinking. That free kick and the consequences were just tragic.  That leaves Ramirez....who knows whats going on there, looking more frozen out by the week.

Surely still hope for Ramirez, He does miss the odd howler but he is also capable, Also he might benefit playing alongside Duk to share the responsibility, He played a beauty of a pass for the assist after coming on, I guess it depends on his wages and if we can afford to have him on the bench for long periods, Agree on the others and its a shame about Watkins a lot of talent but no end product 

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Celtic were inconsistent but they also won their first 2 games at home 6/0. 

we were fortunate we didn’t lose 6 on Saturday 

16 minutes ago, KidCreole said:

Surely still hope for Ramirez, He does miss the odd howler but he is also capable, Also he might benefit playing alongside Duk to share the responsibility, He played a beauty of a pass for the assist after coming on, I guess it depends on his wages and if we can afford to have him on the bench for long periods, Agree on the others and its a shame about Watkins a lot of talent but no end product 

Ramirez is a quality player. 

His attitude stinks. 

Get rid.

On 8/13/2022 at 11:26 PM, The Lighthouse said:

I`m nae about to trawl through all of this thread - has KSL provided his usual reliable analysis yet?

Wasn't at the game as I fucked it off to go to Perth Races, so can't really comment on the performance. 

A bit concerning that Motherwell again have the measure of us. But I'm not going to get overly worked up as I expected results like this early in the season as I think it's unrealistic to expect the team to gel and play seamlessly so soon.

If,  after the first round of fixtures it's still looking ropey and the team are still inconsistent and playing like strangers then it might be time to consider if the signings have been the right ones or whether the man leading them is the right one. But for now I'm not overly worried. 

8 hours ago, patrick bateman said:

Not sure how many games it is but the world cup stoppage, is surely a suitable and obvious point to appraise.

Last gave before WC v Dundee United at Pittodrie will be out 16th league game.

Practically half way to the split.

So, as you say, obvious point for the appraisal and also any necessary actions required.

1 hour ago, muttonhumper said:

Last gave before WC v Dundee United at Pittodrie will be out 16th league game.

Practically half way to the split.

So, as you say, obvious point for the appraisal and also any necessary actions required.

So 13 games left... whats a realistic expectation? What would be acceptable?

We have...

St Johnstone AWAY

Livingston HOME

Ross County AWAY

Rangers HOME

Hibs AWAY

Kilmarnock HOME

Dundee United AWAY

Hearts HOME

Motherwell AWAY

Rangers AWAY

Hibs HOME

Livingston AWAY

Dundee United HOME

Looking at those fixtures my heart sayd 8 wins 2 Draws and 3 defeats (29 points from 16 games)

My head says 4 wins 5 draws and 4 defeats (20 points from 16 games).

Anything less than that will show we've not improved at all from last season when we had 18 points from our first 16 games.

1 hour ago, zeroisgod76 said:

We have...

St Johnstone AWAY

Livingston HOME

Ross County AWAY

Rangers HOME

Hibs AWAY

Kilmarnock HOME

Dundee United AWAY

Hearts HOME

Motherwell AWAY

Rangers AWAY

Hibs HOME

Livingston AWAY

Dundee United HOME

Looking at those fixtures my heart sayd 8 wins 2 Draws and 3 defeats (29 points from 16 games)

Anything less than that will show we've not improved at all from last season when we had 18 points from our first 16 games.

Less than 20 and Goodwin is in trouble. Desperately need a win at weekend to get confidence up. We fail to win n Saturday I think we will struggle with the low 20 point target.

2 hours ago, zeroisgod76 said:

We have...

St Johnstone AWAY

Livingston HOME

Ross County AWAY

Rangers HOME

Hibs AWAY

Kilmarnock HOME

Dundee United AWAY

Hearts HOME

Motherwell AWAY

Rangers AWAY

Hibs HOME

Livingston AWAY

Dundee United HOME

Being optimistic I'd say 26. In reality if we don't kick on it could be well below 20

6 minutes ago, Redmist1903 said:

Being optimistic I'd say 26. In reality if we don't kick on it could be well below 20

26 points from first 16 games, would average out for the season at 62 points which would have been enough last season for 3rd.

With the money spent this Summer and this now being Goodwins team there's no excuses for not being there or thereabouts.

Anything below 20 points would be unacceptable.