What is your favourite building?

JumboJET

6 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Beautiful building. Old cathedrals, churches and religious buildings are in the main,stunning. The idea and concept in construction was to impress ‘God’.

These places are even more impressive given the lack of mechanical construction aids when they were built.Just don’t think about the poor souls that died/were maimed through a distinct lack of health & safety back in the day.

It’s York Minster in case anyone didn’t know.

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

074172-AE-0901-48-B6-A633-C1907-AEC0656.

Unbeatable. Inside and out. The greatest building ever constructed. 

In the top 3 for me as well, wish a could get to see it once without work getting done on it,  along with the Taj Mahal (love it’s bilateral symmetry)

El Jem (biggest amphitheater out with Rome) 

the entrance to Mdina(malta) vilhena gate.

too many to list, would have loved to see the colossus of Rhodes and the hanging gardens of Babylon, beautiful 

40 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

In the top 3 for me as well, wish a could get to see it once without work getting done on it,  along with the Taj Mahal (love it’s bilateral symmetry)

El Jem (biggest amphitheater out with Rome) 

the entrance to Mdina(malta) vilhena gate.

too many to list, would have loved to see the colossus of Rhodes and the hanging gardens of Babylon, beautiful 

You’re a good poster pal and I’m not having a pop but isn’t the Hanging gardens of Babylon just a legend? Ie, nae real 

potential thread though - which fictional place would you like to go too? 

Chasers or Henry the 8ths for me