Another blow for Scotland

Jaws

As for Seve getting a game, well he's struggling at club level so why play him at international level ?

I wouldn't play him. Mcleish might though as he stated when he got the job he will stick with the same guys the Wattie picked and that the squad players like Seve and Anderson would get their chance.

I have a feeling both Seve and Russell might start against Georgia.

Fletcher not good enough anyway in my opinion

:laughing:

Stoney - Don't you ever stop talking p*sh?

The guy IS Scotland's best player. Class act. Can't think of a poor game he's had for Scotland.

And he is a good player for Man United as well. How many crucial goals has he scored for us?

Good on the ball, good passer, strong in the tackle, good in the air, etc. The guy has a lot of talent...

:laughing:

The guy IS Scotland's best player. Class act. Can't think of a poor game he's had for Scotland.

And he is a good player for Man United as well. How many crucial goals has he scored for us?

Good on the ball, good passer, strong in the tackle, good in the air, etc. The guy has a lot of talent...

Just ignore him and he might go away. That's the dream anyway.

Guest Stoney
:(

Really? how many times have you seen him play for united?

Seen him play 7 or 8 games in the flesh over the last 2 years and his passing is mince, his off the ball movement is 3 steps behind everyone else in the team, and he is scared to put in a tackle, the only reason he is in the scotland team is because he plays for man united.

Chimp - wouldnt make a differance what nationality he is - if hes not good enough hes not good enough regardless where hes from.

It's relatively easy to see, pretty much, every United game, so this is a daft question. If you're asking how many times i've been down to OT and seen him play, then i'll send you the ticket stubs and you can count them yourself. :(

Seen him play 7 or 8 games in the flesh over the last 2 years and his passing is mince, his off the ball movement is 3 steps behind everyone else in the team, and he is scared to put in a tackle, the only reason he is in the scotland team is because he plays for man united.

We'll just have to agree to disagree. He is not one of United's best 11 players, but he is a good squad player.

And he IS Scotland's best player. By far

Guest Stoney
It's relatively easy to see, pretty much, every United game, so this is a daft question. If you're asking how many times i've been down to OT and seen him play, then i'll send you the ticket stubs and you can count them yourself. :(

We'll just have to agree to disagree. He is not one of United's best 11 players, but he is a good squad player.

And he IS Scotland's best player. By far

Theres no question hes a good player to have in the squad and has the potential to get better but hes a bit like chris clark at aberdeen - needs a rocket up the arse.

Guest Stoney
:(

I thought you said he WASN'T good enough, fro Scotland or Man U?!?

Hes not, never said he was, byrnes not good enough for the dons but hes still a good player to have in the squad

Chimp - wouldnt make a differance what nationality he is - if hes not good enough hes not good enough regardless where hes from.

again you speak utter mince. "scared to tackle" bollocks, he gets well wired in playin for scotland, "only in the scotland squad because he plays for man utd" to begin with yes i would agree but not now. he is a vitla member of the 1st 11.

I agree to an extent with Stoney, he isn't "Man Utd-class", however he is a key player for Scotland. But not irreplaceable. A great chance for the likes of Scott Brown to step up and make his claim I'd say. With a plethora of decent midfielders coming through just now (Brown, Thomson, Pearson doing well at Derby) it makes it all the more important that guys like Fletcher keep their game up. It does stand to reason with him not playing often for Utd right now that he is "on a promise" because of where he is.

Archived