Scousers v.s Barca

OddJob

I only saw the second half and I thought it was only a matter of time before Barca broke them down. The passing, movement and first touch was sublime. Liverpool defended well in the circumstances. I was hoping they'd bring on Gudjohnsson sooner to give them more directness up front.

Brilliant game, the scousers were superb, especially Mr Carragher and Finnan.

If Liverpool played like that every week they wouldnt be far off the top of the table.

Barca were poor but for me that was down to the supreme pressing in midfield by the scallys.

A good tip for the trophy, imo.

Carragher not found out then? :thumbs:

Guest TenementFunster
Taking nothing away from Liverpool, but how poor were the supposed Catalan giants?

For all their possession, they created very little. Taxi for Rijkaard me thinks :scouser:

They missed Larsson.

Didn't think that was much of a game to be honest, Barca were poor, and didn't really take the game to Liverpool like they should have.

Liverpool were ok, did what they had to and could have done more had they not hit the woodwork a couple of times. Would agree with Robo that Carragher and Finnan played really well.

All in all though, I have to say I am finding it harder and harder to give a f*ck about the Champions League. That's the first game I have watched in the competition since Celtic v Man United, and I can't say it has got me interested in watching any others.

In years gone by I would have been raging about Liverpool doing well, now I am indifferent and, am even think they probably deserved it.

That said, in a further change from previous years, I stayed awake for a whole Liverpool Champions League game!

All in all though, I have to say I am finding it harder and harder to give a f*ck about the Champions League.

Amen brother.

It's the same f*cking games involving the same f*cking teams every f*cking year. Raraely does a Champions League game have me drooling with antisipation.

Incidentally, can anyone explain to me why Lionel Messi is rated so highly by all and sundry?

I've seen this guy during the world cup, in the Champions league and on SKYs La Liga coverage...... maybe I've just been unlucky, but on just about every single occassion I've watched him, he's been absolutely mince, a total waste of a jersey.

Incidentally, can anyone explain to me why Lionel Messi is rated so highly by all and sundry?

I've seen this guy during the world cup, in the Champions league and on SKYs La Liga coverage...... maybe I've just been unlucky, but on just about every single occassion I've watched him, he's been absolutely mince, a total waste of a jersey.

Thought Messi was one of the worst players on the pitch last night. Did absolutely nothing of note.

Was it just me or did it look like Barca just didn't give a sh*t last night? Maybe that's taking away the credit from Liverpool a bit as they were immense. Game should have been over by half time.

Thought Messi was one of the worst players on the pitch last night. Did absolutely nothing of note.

Was it just me or did it look like Barca just didn't give a sh*t last night? Maybe that's taking away the credit from Liverpool a bit as they were immense. Game should have been over by half time.

No i thought the same, just didn't look interested until they got their goal. At the end of the day Liverpool did what any other team who had a 2 goal advantage would do, so well done to them. :appl:

Archived